Page 76 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Oh, i know who pulled the trigger. But I'm blaming Erdogan for this just as much as I blame the military. And like any true radical islamist, he uses civilians as human shields. I think we all know on which side he's standing on. Time to discuss taking Turkey out of NATO. Bosporus isn't worth having radical Islamism in the alliance.
    the US base in turkey says hi
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    I guess we underestimated the support erdogan surprisingly still has.

Why would the military force spend 1-2% only of its total force to stage a coup... Yea... shouldn't have to say more.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Why would the military force spend 1-2% only of its total force to stage a coup... Yea... shouldn't have to say more.
    conspiracy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Unfortunately, conspiracy theories aren't allowed here.

The big winner is islamism.

Won't surprise me if the coup was all staged, too, Erdogan can now legally remove the few opponents he still had and establish a total dictatorship.

Don't forget that Hitler is his idol.

The democratically elected government shouldn't be removed by means other than elections. I am not sure why people are disappointed that coup failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    The big winner is islamism.

Won't surprise me if the coup was all staged, too, Erdogan can now legally remove the few opponents he still had and establish a total dictatorship.

Don't forget that Hitler is his idol.
    idol? is facebook your news source ?

if he was responsible for this coup, he would have his most powerful opponents killed in the chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    The democratically elected government shouldn't be removed by means other than elections. I am not sure why people are disappointed that coup failed.
    its ok if things like this happens in other countries, but not in their country.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    its ok if things like this happens in other countries, but not in their country.
    It is nowhere ok for coups to happen. Maybe if leader mass kills people and is the source of significant misery (aka a madman).
    But in countries that he has been elected democratically, it is not ok

Coups are actually one of the checks democracy has. If a leader can not be removed (preferably without violence ofcourse) then there is no real democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Coups are actually one of the checks democracy has. If a leader can not be removed (preferably without violence ofcourse) then there is no real democracy.
    If people keep voting for him, tough luck.

Also just to clear up, i am one of Erdogan's biggest critics. I do think he is a true moron. However, i have to think the will of the Turkish people when i make a judgment.

Deleted
    That was a quick coup

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That was a quick coup
    yup, the people responded fast and crushed it, kudos for them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    Or they don't recognise Erdogan as democratically elected or legitimate.
    Since he was elected to the ceremonial presidential office by 13% OFF voters, and has been pretending its a US style presidency - Calling him a dictator is not unreasonable.

Deleted
    If people keep voting for him, tough luck.
    Hitler was elected.

I wonder how many lives would have been saved if that "democratically elected leader" had been removed from power before he went on to do his 'great things'.

It is nowhere ok for coups to happen. Maybe if leader mass kills people and is the source of significant misery (aka a madman).
    unless elections are rigged

This is really bad news. Erdogan will lead turkey back into the middle ages.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Or they don't recognise Erdogan as democratically elected or legitimate.
    Since he was elected to the ceremonial presidential office by 13% OFF voters, and has been pretending its a US style presidency - Calling him a dictator is not unreasonable.
    dont hate the player, hate the game. You hate how the votes are counted in your country ? change them in parliament, erdogan's party has 330 members, the opposition has 250 members, you dont go and launch a coup so in 10-20 years another coup can come and remove that government as well. you either believe in democracy or you dont. you dont get to choose when you want democracy and when you dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    unless elections are rigged
    there are ways to prove that
    Be feared, or be fuel

We'll there goes my brothers vercation....Lalaja or w/e its spelled

One should invest into Spain/Mallorca tourist industry....

Why is the world so damn evil...........can't we all just try better ourselves and get a long.

maybe all these lesser countries see's how well-run countries have it in the information age we live in (Facebook, youtube and so on), and they think they should get it just over night doing crazy things in the hope that will make it all better...I don't know...they must have some reason's for the madness..
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-07-16 at 10:31 AM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    They tried in 1920. Result : one million Ionian greeks in Greece.
    Didnt they win but got shafted majorly by the British who said: ''nope!''

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    We'll there goes my brothers vercation....Lalaja or w/e its spelled

One should invest into Spain/Mallorca tourist industry....

Why is the world so damn evil...........can't we all just try better ourselves and get a long.

maybe all these lesser countries see's how well-run countries have it in the information age we live in (Facebook, youtube and so on), and they think they should get it just over night doing crazy things in the hope that will make it all better...I don't know...they must have some reason's for the madness..
    Antalya you mean ?