Poll: Well, why do ya?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Because i speak German and "ass" is often used. I remember other things in a normal conversation beeing censored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    I leave it on because only immature fuck-wits think vulgarity is mature.
    I don't think vulgarity can so simply be put in one category or another, context is quite important. I typically swear at inanimate objects out of frustration, or to emphasize my emotions about a situation or decision. I swear very little when verbally attacking someone, I keep my language civil while maintaining a rather hostile and condescending tone. Now which do you think I am, mature or immature?

Of course the answer to that question isn't as simple as one or the other, which is pretty much the point I'm trying to make. Being obsessed with perceived maturity or immaturity is nothing more than vanity, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

because playing the game in english but typing in german filters out words like "weniger"(less), which is really dumb
    I also dont mind profanity, I just dont like hostile players. Someone saying something like "fuck, I fell down the elevator again" is really not a problem.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I like to know which "bad word" i'm being called in order to response appropriately

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    I leave it on because only immature fuck-wits think vulgarity is mature.
    Caring about maturity cetaintly isn't.

Deleted
    I don't understand how noone has said this but you turn it off so you can understand what someone says? nothing to do with whether you are super sensitive who doesn't like to see letters arranged in a different order it's so you can understand it if there is little context.

Maturity does not equal use of vocabulary btw I find it hard people don't understand that. swearing is deliberately expressive and making full use of a variety of different ways to talk/type is not the issue when it comes to swearing. Just a stigma created by a percentage of people that use swearing without thought.
    Last edited by mmoc455020c1a7; 2016-07-16 at 10:25 AM.

Because I find it way more annoying to have words blurred out than seeing swear words. People swearing doesnt bother me even the slightest bit.

I find it astonishing that people can find words offending. Literally they're just words. They don't matter at all. Kill my entire family, and I'll be offended. Also, with friends we use swears as commas.

Because the filter is dumb, it filters just regular words in other languages too. It only knows English.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    This is such a hot topic these days
    No it isn't.

Because I want to know which bad word that nub used to counter my argument that he is a bug nub.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just get annoyed by seeing asterisks in the middle of a sentence

Words.. specifically on the internet.. do not offend me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because for example "slut" means something else in Swedish and I want to see conversations in their entirety. Also I'm not that easily offended or spooked by nasty words.

because i'm not 5 years old and don't mind if people curse all day long or the odd bad word here and there

15+ Year Old Account
    Because these filters are crap? See what i did there? Germans like to swear :P
    Druid since Feb. 06

Its rediculus enough that we have some fucking PC police gms banning ppl.
    Why whould i also subject myself to cencur of language?!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Me personally I think at first it was just so I could see my own expletives in chat when I typed them out because it just was not satisfying to know whether or not the filter actually masked your language to other people when you used profanity in game.

This is such a hot topic these days and inquiring minds want to know, so remember folks sharing is caring!
    Based on what you typed and the poll answers, I advise you to seek therapy, you sound like a complete sociopath.

This is hardly a scientific poll, but gathering from my experience in 12 years of playing this game, what I've seen here and in lieu the latest controversy related this issue, I have no problem believing that the number of people who are offended by foul language and who generate reports in-game is significantly smaller than the number of people who use profanity and/or are not bothered by it.