Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    More like you need better reading comp.

"These examples are not comparable or incorrect" is the takeaway.
    I'm done. Wallow In your perceived misogyny.

Just know this film could have easily made 500 mil in the US had y'all not called all the fans sexist scum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    maybe you need to do some research. they even went so far as to have bill be dead in the first scene of the movie. he wouldnt sign off on it.
    Go read the Sony email leak dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I'm done. Wallow In your perceived misogyny.

Just know this film could have easily made 500 mil in the US had y'all not called all the fans sexist scum.

- - - Updated - - -

Go read the Sony email leak dude.
    ive read the leaks.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

At this point this thread has gone completely off the rails, get back on the actual topic. Discuss the movie, discuss actual facts about the movie. This Sony Leaks discussion has no purpose, and the sexism debate has already resulted in one infraction and isn't leading to meaningful discussion. If you can't keep it civil and point more infractions will be handed out.

Editing because mods post faster than I type.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Editing because mods post faster than I type.
    So nothing? Nothing to say that doesn't involve sexism claims?

Anyways. Now that the stupid has ended. Anyone have an actual detail review? Spoiler tag it for me please. My friend still hasn't seen it and I was waiting on her opinion to decide if I will go.

Based on all I know of te film, it lacks the humor and scary combo that I loved about the first. To me , ghostbusters wasn't a comedy flick. It was funny, but that was just due to how the characters handled each crazy situation. This movie now seems like the characters know they are in a comedy movie and treat it as such. No real scares or sense of dread or seriousness. Just cheap laughs all around.

I'm not interested in that type of flick. So ... Any spoilers folks who saw it? I'll check back later on in the day.

Oh, and is that stupid ass dance routine still in it? Hearing mixed news if it was cut it not.
    Last edited by Tempguy; 2016-07-16 at 10:45 AM.

So, is this worse than the Ninja Turtles reboot or?

1) I was continuing a topic that was asked not to be continued so I edited.

2)

3) Looking at the Wikipedia tells me right off the Bat the Original Ghostbusters was a Supernatural Comedy so I guess you're mileage may vary

Felt like a big agglomerate of SNL sketches.
    That, in addition to poor comedy value and overall writing;
    Most of the male representation in this movie being quite pathetic;
    Me (as an original Ghostbusters' male fan) being completely alienated by the people involved, during the months before the release;
    And most importantly, being nothing but another piss poor reboot.

Not a movie I feel comfortable telling people to go and watch; But, if you really want to, go on ahead. Your money, so do whatever you want with it.

-SNIP-
    Watch angryjoes review. The review itself is spoiler free and then he made a video talking about the spoilers. I posted both videos a couple pages back.

His review hits all the nails on the head IMO.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The sexist claim is kinda reverse here to me.
    Movies that seem to focus on female empowerment rarely make any guy in the movie look good. Just the opposite, all the guys are either cowards, stupid, and/or a parody stereotype.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Felt like a big agglomerate of SNL sketches.
    Three different casts of SNL represented, too. Wiig came on SNL in 2005, McKinnon started in 2012 and Leslie Jones joined in 2014. Well, I suppose you could consider McKinnon and Jones the same cast, but they didn't come in the same "turnover phase". Either way, both of them represent the downfall of SNL, and the time when it started to go really, really bad.

Wiig was on when it was still pretty decent, with people like Armisen, Meyers, Samberg and the Lonely Island, and so on. Once all those people left though, these new people just haven't had what it takes.

Anyway, not surprising it felt like SNL, if three of the four Ghostbusters are, basically, SNL sketch comedians.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Three different casts of SNL represented, too. Wiig came on SNL in 2005, McKinnon started in 2012 and Leslie Jones joined in 2014. Well, I suppose you could consider McKinnon and Jones the same cast, but they didn't come in the same "turnover phase". Either way, both of them represent the downfall of SNL, and the time when it started to go really, really bad.

Wiig was on when it was still pretty decent, with people like Armisen, Meyers, Samberg and the Lonely Island, and so on. Once all those people left though, these new people just haven't had what it takes.

Anyway, not surprising it felt like SNL, if three of the four Ghostbusters are, basically, SNL sketch comedians.
    Well, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd are also SNL alums. Rick Moranis is a Second City TV alum. The original Ghostbusters film was actually supposed to star John Belushi but he died while they were writing the script. It also was going to include Eddie Murphy (SNL alum of a different generation) but he backed out after Belushi died and was replaced by Ernie Hudson. John Candy (Second City TV alum) was also going to star but he dropped out after Belushi died and was replaced by Rick Moranis. The John Belushi role was recast as Bill Murray who signed on late.

The Original Ghostbusters were going to be John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, and John Candy.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Well, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd are also SNL alums. Rick Moranis is a Second City TV alum. The original Ghostbusters film was actually supposed to star John Belushi but he died while they were writing the script. It also was going to include Eddie Murphy (SNL alum of a different generation) but he backed out after Belushi died and was replaced by Ernie Hudson. John Candy (Second City TV alum) was also going to star but he dropped out after Belushi died and was replaced by Rick Moranis. The John Belushi role was recast as Bill Murray who signed on late.

The Original Ghostbusters were going to be John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, and John Candy.
    Sure. But did the original Ghostbusters feel like an SNL sketch?

What I mean is, there's a difference between someone having been on SNL, and then becoming an amazing actor and/or a standup, and someone just basically being an SNL sketch comedian, and not much else.

The whole point of why people have been so furious about this reboot is that the actors chosen were so unbelievably horrible and unfunny.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-07-16 at 12:27 PM.

Anyways. Now that the stupid has ended. Anyone have an actual detail review? Spoiler tag it for me please. My friend still hasn't seen it and I was waiting on her opinion to decide if I will go.

Based on all I know of te film, it lacks the humor and scary combo that I loved about the first. To me , ghostbusters wasn't a comedy flick. It was funny, but that was just due to how the characters handled each crazy situation. This movie now seems like the characters know they are in a comedy movie and treat it as such. No real scares or sense of dread or seriousness. Just cheap laughs all around.

I'm not interested in that type of flick. So ... Any spoilers folks who saw it? I'll check back later on in the day.

Oh, and is that stupid ass dance routine still in it? Hearing mixed news if it was cut it not.
    Angry Joe hated it. But Angry Joe's tastes are fanboy tastes. Most of the more "professional" movie reviewers on Youtube (Jeremy Jahns, Nostalgia Critic/Channel Awesome, Chris Stuckmann) said it was an average film with a few laughs but didn't measure up to the original. I believe it was the Nostalgia Critic guys who said the dance scene was cut, but was shown during the credits and was completely cringeworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I like how in the past three pages, since Angry Joe's review, people have said 1) It's like a bunch of SNL sketches, 2) the first joke is a queef joke which is so lowbrow even though the first movie had a ghost giving Bill Murray a blowjob (which makes less sense the more you think about it), 3) The actors have 0 chemistry, 4) but Dan Akroyd's cameo was great. Which are all points directly cribbed from his review, and not really prevalent anywhere else on the internet.

Makes you wonder if they only saw his review, since the comment section of his review has been a cesspool since it was posted last night.

Deleted
    Well, I for one don't watch Angry Joe, so I have no idea what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Angry Joe hated it. But Angry Joe's tastes are fanboy tastes.
    Clearly you didn't watch the reviews then. Because right off the bat he stated he knows people like you will say shit like fanboy or sexist.

How about watching both the review and the spoiler talk before commenting on it. Just because someone dislikes something it doesn't make them a fanboy or not a fanboy...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Force Awakens starred a young woman and featured so much pastiche from A New Hope it entered the same "remake" territory, but I don't recall angry mobs of kneejerk-hateful men. Nor am I aware of any backlash over this year's Star Wars film starring a young woman.

I'm expecting that the firewall of gender politics protecting a crappy cash-in breaks when those weekend numbers emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    The Force Awakens starred a young woman and featured so much pastiche from A New Hope it entered the same "remake" territory, but I don't recall angry mobs of kneejerk-hateful men. Nor am I aware of any backlash over this year's Star Wars film starring a young woman.

I'm expecting that the firewall of gender politics protecting a crappy cash-in breaks when those weekend numbers emerge.
    The Force Awakens dealt with rewriting some of the source material, and gave us a new cast of characters. The heroine was "enabled" by the male characters and in one case smarter and wiser than herself.
    Ghostbusters has a female cast that sees men as an overall negative.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post

No, it's opening weekend will just be rebuted with "well male audiences are sexist fanboy communist fedora wearers"...or something to that effect.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    I hate the cast above all else.

Just being honest.