Page 56 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I heard bad things for TBC.
    with TBC it wasnt that mages were that bad, but warlocks had the simplest rotation and were being fed bloodlusts, you had melee with glaives, etc.

It's great to see all this good feedback. Really love how fire plays in legion, so much better than live. I can't wait to see how mythic dungeons do as fire. Has anyone got some good recent videos of mythic dungeons from a mage POV? Would love to see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    Like I said, I have 11 sockets, it gives me a pretty distinct advantage over many of our raiders. Our unholy DK was able to beat me on some pulls but I was still beating him on others.
    Remember that the WoD gems have 200 stat ratings on the PTR which is very likely a bug, giving you much more crit rating than intended.
    Legion rare gems have only 150 ratings.

For prepatch in PVE is the 875 crit pvp trinket worth it. what trinkets would be best?

Quote Originally Posted by Xetenor View Post
    It's great to see all this good feedback. Really love how fire plays in legion, so much better than live. I can't wait to see how mythic dungeons do as fire. Has anyone got some good recent videos of mythic dungeons from a mage POV? Would love to see.
    Go on Twitch and search 'Xyronic'. He's a high level Mythic raider who used to be in Blood Legion. He's been playing exclusively fire every day for a while now. Mythic dungeons, raid tests, the lot. Should show you all you need to know. Either check him streaming or watch his past broadcasts. He also answers a lot of questions so if you're curious you can ask him anything.

Quote Originally Posted by krittical View Post
    For prepatch in PVE is the 875 crit pvp trinket worth it. what trinkets would be best?
    I'm curious about that too. I am planning to lvling in legion with the INT heirloom one + the 875 crit pvp. At least on the ptr, the 875 crit gives a nice boost to our crit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Remember that the WoD gems have 200 stat ratings on the PTR which is very likely a bug, giving you much more crit rating than intended.
    Legion rare gems have only 150 ratings.
    This has been the case since early on in beta and has not been changed. The release version of the PTR still has this "bug" so I am not sure that its changing. They might require that the item be under a certain ilevel in the expansion so we cant use lower level gems on higher level gear to restrict the amount of stats on the higher level gear.

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    This has been the case since early on in beta and has not been changed. The release version of the PTR still has this "bug" so I am not sure that its changing. They might require that the item be under a certain ilevel in the expansion so we cant use lower level gems on higher level gear to restrict the amount of stats on the higher level gear.
    I didn't want to quote your post from a few pages ago but is the cinderstorm usage real? I really don't want to deal with that spell...is it actually better than kindling? Please don't say it because it is actually not fun to cast, UGHHH.

Additionally is RoP only good right now because of ring? Or is it looking like the strongest talent even at 110?

Sorry if these questions have been asked earlier on...my guild was going to make me play spriest and it's now looking like I'm gonna be on mage so I'm trying to play catch up. I was pretty active on beta a few months ago and got my mage to 835 and then just stopped playing cause I was getting bored...seems things have changed a bit possibly...

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    I didn't want to quote your post from a few pages ago but is the cinderstorm usage real? I really don't want to deal with that spell...is it actually better than kindling? Please don't say it because it is actually not fun to cast, UGHHH.

Additionally is RoP only good right now because of ring? Or is it looking like the strongest talent even at 110?

Sorry if these questions have been asked earlier on...my guild was going to make me play spriest and it's now looking like I'm gonna be on mage so I'm trying to play catch up. I was pretty active on beta a few months ago and got my mage to 835 and then just stopped playing cause I was getting bored...seems things have changed a bit possibly...
    RoP will always be best unless 50% gets nerfed just because burst and cooldown line ups
    kindling will prob be best single target in legion only reason we wouldn't use it now if due to ring

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post

RoP is likely better on any 2+ target fight due to mirror images being worthless on multi target. Some sims show mirror image being better on single.

Kindling is likely better for single in legion after we lose the ring, but any time you can get ignite on more than one target, cinderstorm is definitely better. Its not that bad I find and its actually pretty engaging game play to time your living bomb explosions / flame strike / phoenix flames and cinderstorm on adds all within the run of power duration.

On manno, about 2 second before imps land Ill throw out a living bomb, cast my rune of power + double fire blast then drop a flame strike and immediately cinderstorm into dragons breath as the imps are spawning. If grips are timed well, you will basically solo waves of imps on mythic manno. I am sure similar situations might be in legion though I havent looked too intensely into legion raid encounters.
    Last edited by masterprtzl; 2016-07-16 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    I am planning to lvling in legion with the INT heirloom one + the 875 crit pvp.
    How do you get a 875 trinket for levelling?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    How do you get a 875 trinket for levelling?
    875 crit rating not ilvl.

Deleted
    Ah, it wouldn't even cross my mind, any current raiding trinket should be better.

Class trinket is disgustingly good for leveling (at least mythic version) - 74% chance to proc a flamestrike on your Fire Blasts is really powerful for bursting down mobs, especially in multiple mob pulls. The mana issues that you see with it at 100 on fights > 2min are irrelevent since you have so much down time.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    with TBC it wasnt that mages were that bad, but warlocks had the simplest rotation and were being fed bloodlusts, you had melee with glaives, etc.
    It wasn't just that warlocks had the simplest rotation, it's that it was simple, and they did more damage with it. They used similar gear, didn't have any mana issues (so could gem straight damage). There just wasn't any reason to bring a mage over a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    Class trinket is disgustingly good for leveling (at least mythic version) - 74% chance to proc a flamestrike on your Fire Blasts is really powerful for bursting down mobs, especially in multiple mob pulls. The mana issues that you see with it at 100 on fights > 2min are irrelevent since you have so much down time.
    I agree, it also slows all the mobs you hit with it so its not even bad on single.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcantor View Post
    this is why I'm trying so hard to get one on my mage alt! haha

Deleted
    Really get the feeling when Mages complain about a spec giving good arguments from mechanical side.
    Blizzard response is breaking barriers (no global cd inferno blast) and tweak that spec to be 100% sure of being Top Tier, bascially more powerfull than the other 2 :P.

I still feel that greater pyroblast should replace pyroblast if it's harcasted. And Cinderstorm to replace scorch when its of cooldown.
    Also out of range is annoying with long casttime spells

Think my biggest worry is pvp, not that it doesnt perform well but how fun it will be....but thats mostly to do with all the cc that only effects casters and melee uptime (basically that balance aspect)
    Last edited by mmoc0e23e5b73e; 2016-07-16 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    this is why I'm trying so hard to get one on my mage alt! haha
    Leveling will be over in 12hr anyways even without the trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in beta, so I don't know how it's working there at max level, but on the PTR these 250% fireball and 70% pyroblast pvp modifiers are really strange. I'm seeing fireball hits for 33-36k, and pyro is only 18-22k. I hope that doesn't continue at 110. I mean I get that fireball is casted, so it kind of deserves to do more than an instant cast, but it takes away from what pyroblast was always meant to be.