Page 77 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post

maybe all these lesser countries
    the weather must be great up on your horse on top of that mountain
    Be feared, or be fuel

Deleted
    Erdogan controls the flow of information through state media , jails critics and manipulates the people through diyet, a state funded group that is the governing (and funding) body that controls mosques and most islamists through religious means (point in case mosques around the country called to prayer/fight at 2 in the morning to protect erdogan).

He was voted in with little over 13% of votes and is pulling as much power as he can to what has always a ceremonial position, effectively meaning he is perpetually in power now. Just look at the news now, before erdogan the prime minister of turkey was the executive person, it is nothing but a sock puppet right now, erdogan is giving the speeches - he's the 'supreme leader'.

There is NOTHING democratic about erdogans' current position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This is really bad news. Erdogan will lead turkey back into the middle ages.
    yeah man -.- .. very bad news inded.. he will seize this opportunity to get even more power now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    The big winner is islamism.

Won't surprise me if the coup was all staged, too, Erdogan can now legally remove the few opponents he still had and establish a total dictatorship.

Don't forget that Hitler is his idol.

Islamism?

He doesn't belong to any ideology save the one that grants him more power.
    ISIS is not Islamic, Erdogan is directly responsible along with the US for financing and arming them.

His extremism stance is the only way he can maintain control since he bank roles false flags and blames it conveniently on PKK.

Well that was a shitty coup, thought they could do more. We can always hope someone assassinates Erdogan.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Islamism?

He doesn't belong to any ideology save the one that grants him more power.
    ISIS is not Islamic, Erdogan is directly responsible along with the US for financing and arming them.

His extremism stance is the only way he can maintain control since he bank roles false flags and blames it conveniently on PKK.
    Erdogan is quite clearly in favour of turning Turkey into a state in which the Islam has a bigger emphasis on the lives of its inhabitants, opposing the secularist ideas and views of Ataturk and reversing what was achieved in favour of more Islam.

If the coup was not staged, the ones that carried out wanted to return to a more secularist Turkey.

Seems like even though they failed, it still didn't completely stop.

reports say that rebels have taken over a war ship, and are holding a senior commander.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Erdogan is quite clearly in favour of turning Turkey into a state in which the Islam has a bigger emphasis on the lives of its inhabitants, opposing the secularist ideas and views of Ataturk and reversing what was achieved in favour of more Islam.

If the coup was not staged, the ones that carried out wanted to return to a more secularist Turkey.
    I think he is hiding behind his version of Islam to capture the hearts and minds of the ignorant.

The guy isn't pious he is an outright treasonous tyrant responsible in part of the complete destabilisation of that part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    dont hate the player, hate the game. You hate how the votes are counted in your country ? change them in parliament, erdogan's party has 330 members, the opposition has 250 members, you dont go and launch a coup so in 10-20 years another coup can come and remove that government as well. you either believe in democracy or you dont. you dont get to choose when you want democracy and when you dont.
    If democracy still only meant 50%+ decides who gets to rule, you'd be right. But these days it also means many other things, look up democracy index.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    And there are now talks of re-introducing the death penalty to deal with "the traitors". And so any hope of Turkey becoming a modern nation again falls.

Things will only get worse and the authoritarian regime will now take a complete hold on society, sadly for many they don't realize fully yet what they are welcoming into their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a more positive note, this should help Erdogan mend relations with Russia further. He can now, without losing face, blame the military for shooting down the Russian fighter, find appropriate culprits, and punish them hard.

Inconveniently for the US, the main suspect behind the attempted coup resides in the United States... wonder if they'll try to hastily frame Russia, somehow?

Looks like the tourism is fucked same with the economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    this was floating around on reddit https://streamable.com/i838 Helicopter firing and people running
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Deleted
    I am glad everything is sorted now and this was just a misunderstanding. Turkey can now join the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    this was floating around on reddit https://streamable.com/i838 Helicopter firing and people running
    This happens to me each day I am walking to the train station, they are just testing their guns. It is no problem, pay no mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did he pronounce himself as an Emperor yet? Because that's his next thing after this.

Best Staged event prize goes to Erdogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Hitler was elected.

I wonder how many lives would have been saved if that "democratically elected leader" had been removed from power before he went on to do his 'great things'.
    No he wasn't he seized power
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    No he wasn't he seized power
    Another kid that failed history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Another kid that failed history.
    The nazi party seized power just before the "election" so i call it what I will
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    On a more positive note, this should help Erdogan mend relations with Russia further. He can now, without losing face, blame the military for shooting down the Russian fighter, find appropriate culprits, and punish them hard.

Inconveniently for the US, the main suspect behind the attempted coup resides in the United States... wonder if they'll try to hastily frame Russia, somehow?
    They were already on the way to mend relationships with russia, after israel, and reports were on about a change of plan in Syria as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    They were already on the way to mend relationships with russia, after israel, and reports were on about a change of plan in Syria as well.
    Yeah, that's why I said "further".