Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Thought so.
    What do you think will happen if there were a Jesus skin.

Smite needs to add Jesus as a character.

She's got a 62% win rate. Pretty godlike.
    Working on my next ban.

I'm not a huge fan of her legendary skins in general. I wouldn't mind seeing her devi and the other one getting the chopping block.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    "How dare your imaginary character take the likeness of our imaginary character!!"

Basically what all these complaints ever boil down too.
    This. Religious nutjobs should never be taken seriously, let alone a petition of them to restrict a sci fi videogame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm fine with this skin, but i'm a little bothered by the native american skin for parah. isn't she egyptian? why give her a skin like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Didn't a group already threaten the creators of South Park because of it?
    Yes, been quite a lot of that actually. Family guy depicted him but that was back in the early 00's when the world wasn't as sensitive as it is now.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    Smite needs to add Jesus as a character.
    Not gonna lie I would totally play smite again if Jesus was a playable character

i'm fine with this skin, but i'm a little bothered by the native american skin for parah. isn't she egyptian? why give her a skin like that?
    Because it looks cool. Doesn't have to be another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Because it looks cool. Doesn't have to be another reason.
    it should have been more egyptian skins imo. feels kinda off they just threw the native skins on the darkest skinned chick they had.

it should have been more egyptian skins imo. feels kinda off they just threw the native skins on the darkest skinned chick they had.
    Yes and they put a Gorilla in a scuba diving suit and a women is dressed as the Devil. Who gives a shit. Nobody of a sane mind does.

If a character skin somehow offended Islam, the developers would definitely remove it.

First some SJW/PC nutjob changes a pose now some Religious PC nutjob wants a skin removed. Oh the world we live in today. I'll be glad when I'm gone from it because by then these kinds of people will have screwed it all up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Yes and they put a Gorilla in a scuba diving suit and a women is dressed as the Devil. Who gives a shit. Nobody of a sane mind does.
    OMG Devil Mercy needs to be removed. It is the devil and it offends my fragile nature!

Well to be completly fair, it would feel absolutely weird/akward/silly to see a Jesus/God skin in the game =P Not that I'd be offended, just would be silly; And a big part of that (not 100%) is that non-christian mythology overall is more exotic / not so much associated with religion in the west, and/or overall not taken as seriously.

Not saying that's a good reason to censor though, but it could defenitely be a part of the localization process for instance (leave hindu skin in the west, remove it in the east), even if that wouldn't be a perfect solution.

Because why not. Why give Reaper a Mariachi skin? It's a video game, they're having fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Well considering blizz bowed to zero pressure to change a Tracer pose I'd say we will be getting 2 skins replaced in a near patch cycle for sym
    You do know that blizzard replaced that tracer pose with this right? As you can see it's literally modeled on a pinup girl which proves blizzard wasn't bullshiting when they said they wanted to change it because it didn't match tracers "fun" personality and not because it showed off her ass.

I mean look at Widowmaker, she is uber sexualized and has an outfit that is an upskirts fetishists fantasy... they clearly don't give a fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    If a character skin somehow offended Islam, the developers would definitely remove it.
    Because artists have been murdered for offending Islam. I wouldn't hold it against blizzard for protecting their employees.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Well considering blizz bowed to zero pressure to change a Tracer pose I'd say we will be getting 2 skins replaced in a near patch cycle for sym
    No, they didn't 'bow to zero pressure'. They actually responded with a troll right back considering the "too sexy" pose was replaced with an actual pin-up girl pose instead that was much sexier than the one some guy supposedly objected to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Well to be completly fair, it would feel absolutely weird/akward/silly to see a Jesus/God skin in the game =P Not that I'd be offended, just would be silly; And a big part of that (not 100%) is that non-christian mythology overall is more exotic / not so much associated with religion in the west, and/or overall not taken as seriously.

Not saying that's a good reason to censor though, but it could defenitely be a part of the localization process for instance (leave hindu skin in the west, remove it in the east), even if that wouldn't be a perfect solution.
    OR OR people stop crying like little bitches over a skin/pixels in a video game and grow a pair? This PC bullshit has slowly started to seep into video games and it does not belong here. Not you btw I meant in general.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-07-16 at 02:17 PM.

Zenyatta has a Ra skin and his whole aesthetic and theme is Buddhist I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    They're requesting the removal of the devi looking legendary Symmetra skin. They asked for the same about a skin in Smite but the developers declined.

". Controlling and manipulating Devi with a joystick/ button/keyboard/mouse was denigration. Devi was meant to be worshipped in temples and home shrines and not to be reduced to just a “character” in a video game to be used in combat in the virtual battleground."

Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?g...7A7CA188B9D595

Also, it seems the Hindu website crashed!

Thoughts?
    my thoughts...

can we get a Jesus, Muhammad, Abraham, and Buddha skin too?