Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The pose that was replaced by one that fits Tracer's spunky nature better but still shows off her ass, perhaps even better due to how the new pose highlights her posterior? Man, I get some folks are just born determined to be salty, but that whole "controversy" was stirred up by a bunch of grumpy autists on Reddit who cry foul any time a company does something that they can somehow tie back to "evil SJWs."

More likely, Blizzard will decline to change things because they don't have a history of changing their content to fit the demands of religious fundamentalists who don't play the game in the first place.
    Well they have gone out of their way to change the entire Wrath of the Lich King expansion to better suit the Chinese market, but only cuz they had a huge player base. Only way i see the skin being changed is all of a sudden India's population outnumbers the rest of the worlds in Overwatch, otherwise, its here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Can you imagine the colossal butthurt if there was a male arab hero with a Muhammad skin...
    You mean the terrorist stereotype? Not good lel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryokuone View Post
    Thought so.
    What do you think will happen if there were a Jesus skin.
    there is already a devil and imp skin for mercy tho.
    i wonder where are all the christians screaming "SUPPORTING SATAAAAAN!"

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    Well they have gone out of their way to change the entire Wrath of the Lich King expansion to better suit the Chinese market, but only cuz they had a huge player base. Only way i see the skin being changed is all of a sudden India's population outnumbers the rest of the worlds in Overwatch, otherwise, its here to stay.
    That, and the change only affected the Chinese client. Even if Blizzard changed the two legendary skins in question, it would involve a special client being made for Indian players and it would only affect that client.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    there is already a devil and imp skin for mercy tho.
    i wonder where are all the christians screaming "SUPPORTING SATAAAAAN!
    They're too busy having Pokemon battles with Loveislove the clefairy.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    It ain't gonna get removed. Changing the pose during BETA was one thing, but removing skins that some people spent time(and money) on cus they really like it is different, Blizzard won't cave in on this one.
    Oooooooooooor

they say they'll change it for them and then they give her 2 extra arms to make her look even more like Kali just to spite them.

Just like they made Tracer a pin-up girl with the new pose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm fine with this skin, but i'm a little bothered by the native american skin for parah. isn't she egyptian? why give her a skin like that?
    Because Thunderbird. Pharah is flying and rains down noisy rockets, which seems to be reason enough.

Zenyatta has literally a djinni and Egyptian sun god skins merely through association with his leg pose and light, and Genji has a medieval Arabic skin because ninjas=assassins. Don't let it bother you too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    You mean the terrorist stereotype? Not good lel.
    Can you imagine what his Ultimate would be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sherenei View Post
    Remove Genji Bedouin Skin, it's racist
    Remove Zenny Ra Skin, he's a lovely bird god
    Remove D.VA scrap skins, she doesn't know how hard mechanics work.
    Remove Junkrat and Roadhog, it states that all aussies are criminals.
    Remove Widowmaker, she doesn't represent all the french accents.

And so on...
    Remove Torbjorn because right now it states that all Dwarves are engineers, while in fact all they do is drink beer.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Bedouin
    ˈbɛdʊɪn/
    noun
    a nomadic Arab of the desert.
    "an encampment of Bedouin on the edge of the desert"
    adjective
    relating to the Bedouin.
    "a Bedouin song about a desert journey"

looks pretty Arabic too me. Arabs are not just in SA you know.

but an update on my original statement, robo arab skin is not religious-themed, more like...culture themed. dervish zenyata is also similar to middle eastern themed clothes. Djinyata maybe?

There arent' many well illustrated figures in Islam, as opposed to countries that had (or have) multiple deities with different humanoid appearances. (like the greek and egyptian gods) only the prophet. so the only way to piss them off is to outright introduce a middle eastern hero/skin with a glowing face and call it "Muhammed".
    Beduins are Arabs. Arabs aren't Bedouin. Well their origins might be Beduin, so I suppose they've got close ties to it.

Zenyattas Ifrit skin is based on Islamic folklore. An ifrit is a demon.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2016-07-16 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Can you imagine the colossal butthurt if there was a male arab hero with a Muhammad skin...
    We can give Muhammad skin to Junkrat. It will go perfectly with what he does after death. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Beduins are Arabs. Arabs aren't Bedouin. Well their origins might be Beduin, so I suppose they've got close ties to it.

Zenyattas Ifrit skin is based on Islamic folklore. An ifrit is a demon.
    Ifrit and other monsters such as Djins predate Islam. they were integrated into Islamic folklore because the denizens of those areas became muslims. so I don't call them religious folklore, more like regional folklore.

still, Muslims don't consider these monsters as revered as a sacred figure such as Muhammed, there are dozens of games/movies featuring Djins and Ifrit and you don't see Muslims taking up arms because of it.

And yes, just like how Kuwaiti locals are arabs but not all arabs are kuwaiti. point being?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    We can give Muhammad skin to Junkrat. It will go perfectly with what he does after death. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    point is that, Symmetra having a Deva skin is not meant to be an insult to the budhists. while what you're suggesting is a direct provocation. though sadly Muslims are generally awfully sensitive when it comes to Muhammed.

Copyright infringement, Hindus came up with those fictional characters first.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The pose that was replaced by one that fits Tracer's spunky nature better but still shows off her ass, perhaps even better due to how the new pose highlights her posterior? Man, I get some folks are just born determined to be salty, but that whole "controversy" was stirred up by a bunch of grumpy autists on Reddit who cry foul any time a company does something that they can somehow tie back to "evil SJWs."

More likely, Blizzard will decline to change things because they don't have a history of changing their content to fit the demands of religious fundamentalists who don't play the game in the first place.
    note to mention a skin replacement is a whole hella lot more work than a skeleton animation rework.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Blizzard and their lack of integrity for the game THEY created, they'll end up pandering to this bullshit.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

i'am partially Indian and I absolutely ADORE her Devi skin. Its great seeing south-asian cultural representation in modern media. Plus i just adore the aesthetics and it is my most favorite skin in the game.

I am not hindu myself but have contact with a great deal of young men and women who are and they are either not bothered as non-gamers or over the top excited as gamers. They love that Symm exists and that she has that skin.

However, as with anywhere or any group, there are impotent backwards hyper-conservatives who try to meddle in everything as per their narrow views. these jerks are beyond annoying right here with their constant whining and suggestions for laws or bans (which are of the especially ludicrous variety.). These guys go around trying to ban facebook groups (made by people in other countries) for content they find objectionable (mostly views or philosophies) even though these groups arent even remotely related to India other than being accessible from here. They would literally send India back hundreds of years if their views were given any attention.

They are best treated as they are in India. Thoroughly ignored except for an amusing read in a small side story in a newspaper or a tabloid (or really slow political news days)

There are a billion + Hindu's in the world. these guys, ratio to ratio, are the equivalent of the skin collected below my nails when i rub it along my palm.

This dude and his pitiful group are just trying to gain attention and make clickbait titles. They are the Jack Thompson of the south asian continent.

We already have an angelic depiction with mercy (so theres the Abrahamic religions) and a Buddhist depiction with Zen.

I certainly hope blizzard ignores this like the guys in smite did.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-07-16 at 05:05 PM.

Can we just tell them and their religious faith to f**k off? Tell them it's inspired through literacy. Holy crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Ifrit and other monsters such as Djins predate Islam. they were integrated into Islamic folklore because the denizens of those areas became muslims. so I don't call them religious folklore, more like regional folklore.

still, Muslims don't consider these monsters as revered as a sacred figure such as Muhammed, there are dozens of games/movies featuring Djins and Ifrit and you don't see Muslims taking up arms because of it.

And yes, just like how Kuwaiti locals are arabs but not all arabs are kuwaiti. point being?

- - - Updated - - -

point is that, Symmetra having a Deva skin is not meant to be an insult to the budhists. while what you're suggesting is a direct provocation. though sadly Muslims are generally awfully sensitive when it comes to Muhammed.
    Huh, I had no idea! Games are helping me learn!
    Ofcourse, demons aren't revered so there's no problem with it.

I'm just splitting hairs I guess. Semantics.

just has to always be these sort of jerks when south asians and their culture get a positive fictional representation (any representation) and they come to shit over it so they can gain some attention.

Plus "Devi" is synonymous and can be translated simply as "Divine" or is unofficially synonymous with the word "goddess". The actual goddess that fool is referring to has a whole load of names even in each and every language in India (there are above a 100) let alone the official religious language it comes from (sankrit, the quivalent of Latin basicly)

Symm's skin is inspired by but not an absolute copy of its source material. there is a great deal of artistic license and she is wearing a costume, she is not "literally" the goddess (unlike say the situation in Smite). Much like Zen and Mercy with their different skins and original skins.

They talk about confusion. there is no confusion, nothing that a few words to the person or kid can clear up (and it will be good for them, since anyone who gets confused is clearly a moron who has bigger issues)

closing in on 2 billion and we have pitiful representation in modern media. these jerks will reduce it further.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-07-16 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    This is getting seriously out of hand. If people can’t handle the skin, don’t play the game? Reminds me of the time Nintendo removed the original Fire Temple chant in OoT because it had a similar sounding chant to that of a prayer...pissed me off. It’ a fictional story in a fictional universe, get a grip people. Blizzard has lot’s of references to real-world elements in World of Warcraft (not going to point them out).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i'am partially Indian and I absolutely ADORE her Devi skin. Its great seeing south-asian cultural representation in modern media. Plus i just adore the aesthetics and it is my most favorite skin in the game.

I am not hindu myself but have contact with a great deal of young men and women who are and they are either not bothered as non-gamers or over the top excited as gamers. They love that Symm exists and that she has that skin.

However, as with anywhere or any group, there are impotent backwards hyper-conservatives who try to meddle in everything as per their narrow views. these jerks are beyond annoying right here with their constant whining and suggestions for laws or bans (which are of the especially ludicrous variety.). These guys go around trying to ban facebook groups (made by people in other countries) for content they find objectionable (mostly views or philosophies) even though these groups arent even remotely related to India other than being accessible from here. They would literally send India back hundreds of years if their views were given any attention.

They are best treated as they are in India. Thoroughly ignored except for an amusing read in a small side story in a newspaper or a tabloid (or really slow political news days)

There are a billion + Hindu's in the world. these guys, ratio to ratio, are the equivalent of the skin collected below my nails when i rub it along my palm.

This dude and his pitiful group are just trying to gain attention and make clickbait titles. They are the Jack Thompson of the south asian continent.

We already have an angelic depiction with mercy (so theres the Abrahamic religions) and a Buddhist depiction with Zen.

I certainly hope blizzard ignores this like the guys in smite did.
    And as such, India has very diverse groups, ideologies and religion. It's something I think the world needs waking up to and Symmetra as a character might help make people interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    This is getting seriously out of hand. If people can’t handle the skin, don’t play the game? Reminds me of the time Nintendo removed the original Fire Temple chant in OoT because it had a similar sounding chant to that of a prayer...pissed me off. It’ a fictional story in a fictional universe, get a grip people. Blizzard has lot’s of references to real-world elements in World of Warcraft (not going to point them out).
    These people don't play the game though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Copyright infringement, Hindus came up with those fictional characters first.
    That might be why the skin isn't exactly alike to the goddess. Some differences, that these people pointed out as misrepresentation, are actually made to artistically distinguish it as separate.