Page 81 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    How long until someone blames the US/EU?
    Already happened earlier in the thread. don't worry someone always does it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Erdogan said this was orchestrated from Pennsylvania, so.........

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    How is that a sad day? It's a victory for the republic. The age of coups hopefully will never return, only the people votes can put someone in power or take him out. This is how it should be. It's time to respect the will of the people and their right to choose their leaders.
    Because Erdogan is using this coup as an excuse to finish removing any who do/might/could oppose his rule. He is strangling democracy while you clap.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I really don't like Erdogan. I was hoping for the coup to succeed.
    Well you're clearly not alone. I was hoping for Kemalists to rise up and put the country back on the path to glory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im more surprised noone had blamed the Russia for it.

Deleted
    Well, no other serious coup lasts....6hrs?

What a kind of coup is that where:
    -Your forces doesn't seize the parliament and wide "government" from single minister, through prime minister to the president himself
    -You deploy only around ~2000 soldiers from 600k soldiers overall
    -You didn't break the chain of command at once (couple of strikes at intelligence HQ? Pardon me)
    -You didn't take any vital structures at all
    -You deploy only some small forces in two main cities, Ankara and Istanbul
    -Your target, president, lands safely on the airport couple hours(!!!) after the coup itself like some "hero" (not a single bodyguard of him would allow that if there was ANY threat)
    -You didn't practically ban airports and flight bases from taking off (f-16 loyal to the Government took off and shot down coup forces in an instant)
    - You introduce curfew and....have no manpower/firepower to take it into effect.

This coup was, not organized at all. IMHO it was simply staged, most likely encouraged by the Erdogan and his generals himself, to simply purge the army from "unloyal" officers and give him power to even strengthen his rule and dictatorship.

Sad things, that cause of geopolitical location USA and other superpowers, don't response adequately to such rising totalitarism in their neighbourhood.

I think some people in this thread give too much credit to Turkish people by saying Erdogan only got elected by getting %13 of the votes. Sadly half the Turkish people are either ignorant(majority) or greedy(minority) so they are big supporters of Erdogan, so dont try to sugarcoat it by taking responsibility away from Turkish people, they actually voted for this clown of a man, and what is more annoying is they are happy with the way he runs things. (Tbh other half isnt that much better, but i dont wanna rub my cynicism too much on your faces).

Also most people are fixated on islamist side of Erdogan, while it is barely a tool for him to control masses while getting the roots of his corruption reach deeper, basically his aim is to fill the his and his followers'/supporters' pockets, while satisfying his massive ego by pretending to be a great country worthy of Ottoderp legacy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This is now guaranteed to be a coup by Islamists. It's better that this has failed.
    No it's not. It's just Erdogans way to make sure they can be executed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by z3rK View Post

-Your forces doesn't seize the parliament and wide "government" from single minister, through prime minister to the president himself
    -You didn't break the chain of command at once (couple of strikes at intelligence HQ? Pardon me)
    -Your target, president, lands safely on the airport couple hours(!!!) after the coup itself like some "hero" (not a single bodyguard of him would allow that if there was ANY threat)
    -You didn't practically ban airports and flight bases from taking off (f-16 loyal to the Government took off and shot down coup forces in an instant)
    - You introduce curfew and....have no manpower/firepower to take it into effect.

This coup was, not organized at all. IMHO it was simply staged, most likely encouraged by the Erdogan and his generals himself, to simply purge the army from "unloyal" officers and give him power to even strengthen his rule and dictatorship.

Sad things, that cause of geopolitical location USA and other superpowers, don't response adequately to such rising totalitarism in their neighbourhood.
    It would have worked if they had seized Erdogan from the start, ie a stealth mission on where he was at that current time. The amount of soldiers doesn't really matter, you just need to take the biggest 2 people of the country and keep them detained until they surrender, like they have with coups in the past.

10+ Year Old Account

When you put it that way... I wouldnt be surprised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    No it's not. It's just Erdogans way to make sure they can be executed.
    Treason is treason, islamic or secular. That is more than enough for execution reason (not that I defend it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    I think some people in this thread give too much credit to Turkish people by saying Erdogan only got elected by getting %13 of the votes. Sadly half the Turkish people are either ignorant(majority) or greedy(minority) so they are big supporters of Erdogan, so dont try to sugarcoat it by taking responsibility away from Turkish people, they actually voted for this clown of a man, and what is more annoying is they are happy with the way he runs things. (Tbh other half isnt that much better, but i dont wanna rub my cynicism too much on your faces).

Also most people are fixated on islamist side of Erdogan, while it is barely a tool for him to control masses while getting the roots of his corruption reach deeper, basically his aim is to fill the his and his followers'/supporters' pockets, while satisfying his massive ego by pretending to be a great country worthy of Ottoderp legacy.
    The problem with erdogan is, he doesn't even care about the law. His white palace, didn't even have a permit, the court said nearly 4 times to stop building and he built it anyway, he gives himself more powers as a president pretty much every month now, won't be long until he's in charge and not the Prime minister, he prosecutes and executes anyone that opposes him, he calls everyone terrorists, which is rich coming from a dictator, he is taking away all the human rights of the Turkish, slowly but surely.

It's funny that Europe, US and other countries dare to say that democracy has won, no it has been burried yet again, it's even funnier that the Turkish people think they live in a democracy, I mean how stupid are those people.

They all think they were amazing at preventing the coup, but let's be honest, the army could have easily mowed them down in a matter of minutes, but they didn't want to kill their own, unless it was for defending themselves or eliminating any threat that opposed the coup. I can't wait to see when they finally get a clue and realize what Erdogan stands for, they are all his pawns, and they are too stupid to notice it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    A traitor is a traitor, islamic or secular. That is more than enough for execution reason.
    Theoretically the only traitors in Turkey are Erdogan and his AK party.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Theoretically the only traitors in Turkey are Erdogan and his AK party.
    I'm being factual, political opinions don't really matter here.

Did the coup people actually kill any civilians? I've seen plenty pictures of turks or Islamists or whatever they where lynching and whipping soldiers after they where captured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Did the coup people actually kill any civilians? I've seen plenty pictures of turks or Islamists or whatever they where lynching and whipping soldiers after they where captured.
    not to my knowledge. I saw images of civilians laying on the ground in front of tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Democracy opposers should be taken out. Anyone who supported the coup should not be part of a democratic system or part of the army. Whether you like him or not, he won the elections and he has to win it again to stay in power. The only way to take Erdogan out should be through elections. That's how democracy works. Democracy isn't "if you lose elections stage chaotic demonstration and if that fails stage a coup". You have to accept that. In modern countries, some parties stayed in power for decades through democracy. It's something that you have to accept.
    kinda hard when he makes opposition disappear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seeing reports that the Turks they have cut off electricity to the US base at Incirlik and have surrounded it with troops. Hope it's not true.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted

Either staged or a warning test. But people are ignoring one thing, Erdogan actually became hand-tied with yesterday's event. If ~2000 soldiers managed to do this (lets not forget that the rest of the military didn't pick a side), the high ranking officers now hold up the real Damocles Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Seeing reports that the Turks they have cut off electricity to the US base at Incirlik and have surrounded it with troops. Hope it's not true.
    It's true that the base has had its power cut off.

http://turkey.usembassy.gov/sm-071616.html

Democracy opposers should be taken out. Anyone who supported the coup should not be part of a democratic system or part of the army. Whether you like him or not, he won the elections and he has to win it again to stay in power. The only way to take Erdogan out should be through elections. That's how democracy works. Democracy isn't "if you lose elections stage chaotic demonstration and if that fails stage a coup". You have to accept that. In modern countries, some parties stayed in power for decades through democracy. It's something that you have to accept.
    The turkish voting system isn't very democratic. Don't use a word if you don't know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    German bundeswehr is there too, they said the reports are wrong.