Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I do believe they've nerfed daily quest exp right before almost every expansion to stop this from happening.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Lol what the hell? Um, yes, there's absolutely a benefit to leveling faster. Extra day of world quests, a day earlier for class order hall questline, more time in Suramar, etc. It's called being ahead of the curve. Then again, mediocrity see.s to be the MO on MMO-champfrom half of these posts

- - - Updated - - -

12 hours if skilled? Cut that time in half, roughly, and you'll be more on point. 12 hours would be agonizingly slow for a skilled player
    And cut out a couple more hours if you have a coordinated group of skilled players starting with mythic HFC gear.

I really don't see the point in this. You'll save maybe 10-30 minutes at the very most, that's really not a big deal. Not to mention there is no realm first achievements for leveling anymore. People will feel pretty stupid when they tryhard for an extra bar of EXP when they realize they'll have to do the entire broken isles quests for reputation stuff and flying later down the line.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    And cut out a couple more hours if you have a coordinated group of skilled players starting with mythic HFC gear.
    I'll be going into Legion at 745 I lvl with the weapon. It's going to take me and my leveling partners around 6 hours and 45 minutes to go from 100-110, unless we get hit with server issues and dc's and etc. We've done a few test run on brand new 680 i lvl characters and managed to do it in about 8 hours. But that gear difference mixed with the fact that we'll have pots, flasks, food, and all the rest will certainly cut a decent amount of time off the clock
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Apart from not worth it, it's totally pointless too. If there was a way get to 110 by killing kobols at elwynn forest, would you do it? I know some people like to compete at who gets 110 1st, but there's a limit. Try to enjoy what blizzard has made for you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    I really don't see the point in this. You'll save maybe 10-30 minutes at the very most, that's really not a big deal. Not to mention there is no realm first achievements for leveling anymore. People will feel pretty stupid when they tryhard for an extra bar of EXP when they realize they'll have to do the entire broken isles quests for reputation stuff and flying later down the line.
    How would they feel stupid about that? You can do those quests at any time, and the rewards increase by your level. If anything, you'll be rewarded more for hold on. And a half hour of leveling knocked off the clock isn't a small thing when you consider thats about 1/12th of the time you can level in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Apart from not worth it, it's totally pointless too. If there was a way get to 110 by killing kobols at elwynn forest, would you do it? I know some people like to compete at who gets 110 1st, but there's a limit. Try to enjoy what blizzard has made for you.
    For people with Beta, we've had months of time to sit back and enjoy the splendor. August 30th is game time.

I'll be going into Legion at 745 I lvl with the weapon. It's going to take me and my leveling partners around 6 hours and 45 minutes to go from 100-110, unless we get hit with server issues and dc's and etc. We've done a few test run on brand new 680 i lvl characters and managed to do it in about 8 hours. But that gear difference mixed with the fact that we'll have pots, flasks, food, and all the rest will certainly cut a decent amount of time off the clock
    I think it might cut off more time than you realize. I mean, leveling with my prot paladin, I was literally killing most mobs in 1 GCD till about 104. Either way, it'll be fast as fuck with a good group.

Lol what the hell? Um, yes, there's absolutely a benefit to leveling faster. Extra day of world quests, a day earlier for class order hall questline, more time in Suramar, etc. It's called being ahead of the curve. Then again, mediocrity see.s to be the MO on MMO-champfrom half of these posts

12 hours if skilled? Cut that time in half, roughly, and you'll be more on point. 12 hours would be agonizingly slow for a skilled player
    Make up your mind. If a skilled player needs 6 hours, you can't get an extra day of world quests this way.

Also, being half an hour earlier to 110 doesn't help with most of what you mention.

In Legion you can pick what zone you want to start in and what zone to go to next etc, so theres really no need or benefit to get "ahead" of other people like in past expansions, also most mobs and bonus objective quests etc will have shared tagging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldnt you just stock up on the garrison visitor quests since they are all turned in at the same guy, then have say the fishing daily, pet battle daily and weekly set it all up where you can turn in your inn quests and garrison stuff all in one small hub then jump to the new content.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes sure, but you cant get over ilvl 850 before raids open anyways, and that is easy to get in the 2,5 weeks if you get 1 extra day or not does not make a difference.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it might cut off more time than you realize. I mean, leveling with my prot paladin, I was literally killing most mobs in 1 GCD till about 104. Either way, it'll be fast as fuck with a good group.
    It really might. I've refused to use a character copy on my main (Mage) just to get to enjoy the surprise of having that power difference of 65 i lvls. I'm sure we'll be mowing through them since my group consists of a DH tank, my mage, a boomkin, a ret, and a hunter. We may even be running 2-3 5 man groups travelling together since everything is a shared tag for the most part

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Yes sure, but you cant get over ilvl 850 before raids open anyways, and that is easy to get in the 2,5 weeks if you get 1 extra day or not does not make a difference.
    You can absolutely get to 850 I lvl with some luck. You weapon will be roughly 860-870 after the third relic slot, and Mythic 0 drops 840 gear, along with 3 world bosses per week dropping 860 gear, not to mention maxed out crafted gear. You can get to 825 i lvl by the end of day 1 if you play long enough, day 2 with less work. At 825 I lvl, you can begin doing Mythic 0 dungeons, which I believe reset daily

Extra day of World Quests? World Quests aren't daily. They are on hour timings, like 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours etc.

Also regarding leveling speed, have you even leveled in beta? 100-110 will be 10-12 hours depending on speed for the fast people. You are free to link screenshots of sub 10 hour leveling from beta while doing quests, not dungeon spamming(which is not a good way to level, since you miss out on all the rep that you will need).

IIRC, they've already nerfed a lot of quests on the beta. 3.7k xp or something.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Make up your mind. If a skilled player needs 6 hours, you can't get an extra day of world quests this way.

Also, being half an hour earlier to 110 doesn't help with most of what you mention.
    A) A half hour does, when you plan on getting to 110, unlocking Suramar, doing world quests, and getting you class order hall questline to the first of two 5/5 quests.

B) You can absolutely get that extra day of world quests, since you can unlock them on day one when most people won't until day 2-3.

I think my mind is clearly made, it seems to me that you're the confounded one

The small boost of xp isn't worth getting stuck behind the herd even with the split zones. Now if you are pre loading alts for when you log them in maybe it is worth it. Why not do something today that will help you tomorrow. Leveling in Legion is fairly quick as it is, so the need of creative ideas or gimmicks isn't as useful as it might have been in the past.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It really might. I've refused to use a character copy on my main (Mage) just to get to enjoy the surprise of having that power difference of 65 i lvls. I'm sure we'll be mowing through them since my group consists of a DH tank, my mage, a boomkin, a ret, and a hunter. We may even be running 2-3 5 man groups travelling together since everything is a shared tag for the most part

- - - Updated - - -

You can absolutely get to 850 I lvl with some luck. You weapon will be roughly 860-870 after the third relic slot, and Mythic 0 drops 840 gear, along with 3 world bosses per week dropping 860 gear, not to mention maxed out crafted gear. You can get to 825 i lvl by the end of day 1 if you play long enough, day 2 with less work. At 825 I lvl, you can begin doing Mythic 0 dungeons, which I believe reset daily
    I think mythic dungeons are a weekly reset. Can anyone confirm/deny this? I mean, that'd be kind of fucking insane if they're a daily thing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Extra day of World Quests? World Quests aren't daily. They are on hour timings, like 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours etc.

Also regarding leveling speed, have you even leveled in beta? 100-110 will be 10-12 hours depending on speed for the fast people. You are free to link screenshots of sub 10 hour leveling from beta while doing quests, not dungeon spamming(which is not a good way to level, since you miss out on all the rep that you will need).
    Um, yes. I've leveled 6 times using fresh 100 characters. I'll be done in 6 hours and 45 minutes. 1.5 hours for each zone, with an extra 45 minutes or so for any rest breaks/travel/afks etc. This is for getting the pillars unlocked in each zone.

- - - Updated - - -

I think mythic dungeons are a weekly reset. Can anyone confirm/deny this? I mean, that'd be kind of fucking insane if they're a daily thing.
    I may be wrong since I've only done a single mythic dungeon, but I believe Mythic+ is weekly and Mythic 0 is daily. Like I said, I may be wrong on that part

I may be wrong since I've only done a single mythic dungeon, but I believe Mythic+ is weekly and Mythic 0 is daily. Like I said, I may be wrong on that part
    Mythic dungeons is weekly lockout and mythic+ have no lockout as long as someone in your group have a key. But Mythic+ dungeons will open at the same time as normal/heroic raiding.

I prefer to start with a clean log, no shenanigans.