Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Waiting a year or more for a 50 dollar discount seems kind of silly. 1070 is slightly better performance than gtx 980ti and Titan, with the newer architecture. We all know at one point pascal will outperform maxwell, so it'll likely be even better down the road. These a lot of 1070's around. The 1080 is kind of stupid right now. Lucky if you find one under 1000.
    The difference between a 1070 and a 980 Ti is very small. I've wondered something about Nvidia and DX12/Vulkan, in that did Nvidia really fix Async Compute, but only applied that fix to Pascal? At 4k the Pascal cards perform just like the Maxwell cards with Async Compute, and get very little at 1440p and 1080p. I thinking Nvidia fixed Async Compute for Maxwell but only gave it to Pascal cards. By fix I mean they found a work around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The difference between a 1070 and a 980 Ti is very small. I've wondered something about Nvidia and DX12/Vulkan, in that did Nvidia really fix Async Compute, but only applied that fix to Pascal? At 4k the Pascal cards perform just like the Maxwell cards with Async Compute, and get very little at 1440p and 1080p. I thinking Nvidia fixed Async Compute for Maxwell but only gave it to Pascal cards. By fix I mean they found a work around.
    They have pre-emptive something, which is in Pascall but not in Maxwell. I can't remember the name... But it is also a bit software base, as in they need to update in the driver for every game. So the moment the next generation will come, performance will most likely be crap again..

We will see..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    They have pre-emptive something, which is in Pascall but not in Maxwell. I can't remember the name... But it is also a bit software base, as in they need to update in the driver for every game. So the moment the next generation will come, performance will most likely be crap again..

We will see..
    This is where I wish people still hacked Nvidia's drivers. It would be crazy if you could hack the drivers and unlock pre-emptive something.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    As long as Nvidia keep charging a premium for their founder edition cards, I don't think AIB partner are going to lower their price closer to MSRP for any of their custom cooled cards (except for those shitty cards with blower style cooler). Why ?! You may ask, well it's simple, all custom cooler are quieter, cooler and can sustain higher clock than the reference design, so why should they sell you a better product for less than a FE?!
    EVGA charges less than FE price for ALL of their cards, IIRC. The basic ACX 3.0 card is right at the MSRP, or like 10$ more.

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting a year or more for a 50 dollar discount seems kind of silly. 1070 is slightly better performance than gtx 980ti and Titan, with the newer architecture. We all know at one point pascal will outperform maxwell, so it'll likely be even better down the road. These a lot of 1070's around. The 1080 is kind of stupid right now. Lucky if you find one under 1000.
    ... Gigparts has 3 different models in stock right now for their MSRPs or just a little above. (MSI Gaming, Gaming X, and Seahawk)

Dunno where you got that figure from Got my Msi Gaming X 1080 GTX the first week of June for $760 and now a month later it's even cheaper at $720.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how much of an upgrade a 1060 or 480 is over the 380x? 25%? I may just get one of those and save my money until the 1180 to have a real beast. I figure the 1180 will be a beast since they will have gotten all the kinks out of Pascal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I wonder how much of an upgrade a 1060 or 480 is over the 380x? 25%? I may just get one of those and save my money until the 1180 to have a real beast. I figure the 1180 will be a beast since they will have gotten all the kinks out of Pascal.
    Not that huge of a difference. They're faster but not by a lot. They're about the same as a GTX 970 or R9 390.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I cant quite afford the 1070 as is, and wont come into moore money that can be used freely for a few months. I just want to play newer games on higher settings with closer to 60fps. The 380x can play all games, but if i want 60 fps I have to lower settings to medium.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    That's because some AIBs actually went and did their barebones edition and slapped a decent cooler on it without major modifications. Something like the cheapest Gigabyte is just that it doesn't perform much if any better than the FE, but is WAY cheaper. But in reality as long as they can sell them, their better designs(with custon PCB etc) are going to stay near or above the FE price, because they view those as superior products.
    At least you're getting a much better cooler, for less!

I'd say that's worth paying less for. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water