Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Tinker is what people will hope for.

Personally I'm hoping for some kind of true support class, low damage, low healing, but can throw some awesome buffs out during combat, the usual increase dmg, hp, etc, but with some complicated ones which requires certain things to happen before being able to activate
    oh boy here we go with the tinkers
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I'd like a cloth/intellect melee class, a int-plate DPS class, something that could dual wield shields, and something that could dual wield ranged weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I'd like a cloth/intellect melee class, a int-plate DPS class, something that could dual wield shields, and something that could dual wield ranged weapons
    Are their any good examples of this? The idea just sounds terrible to me..

Deleted
    I fail to see why people keep suggesting Necromancer. Its superfluous. It's like asking for a new class called Sorcerer.

Sure, Death Knights are completely different things in generic fantasy than Necromancer wizards, but Death Knights, while being Death Knights, are also highly capable in the art of Necromancy. WoW DKs have basically all the necromancy spells you'd expect to see from a WoW Necromancer, and if you're wondering how they'd implement 'pets fighting for you' just look at the new Demo lock and the BM hunters. Both specs suck pretty hard mechanics wise. You don't even want that.

The only generic fantasy class they lack is the Bard. It can be made to have both healer, dps, or hybrid dps/heal specs, like the Priest. If you'd want to make it really special, you could make it less of a healer and more of a buffer, giving huge buffs to the raid for every situation.

If you ask me my dream scenario, it would be simply adding a fourth spec to every class. It would add much more depth to the game than one new class. New classes don't add much for the player base, but a fourth spec gives new options for every player.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-07-16 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say. Do we even need more classes? Seems Blizzard has their hands full with what we have already.

But if we are to add another one, I seriously doubt something like Tinkerer or Alchemist (From Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne neutral heroes Tavern building) would be it. But then again, I doubted Demon Hunters being a thing.

Perhaps someone with Mail armor would be next? 2 use Mail, 3 use Cloth, 4 use Leather and 3 use Plate.

Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    Necromancer, Scout, Tinker, Barbarian, Runemaster
    Necromancer = Replace a DK Spec
    Scout = Replace Survival with a Rogue-like Spec (LOLNO)
    Tinker = Engineering
    Barbarian = Enhancement Shaman
    Runemaster = Not even in the trinity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Necromancer = Replace a DK Spec
    Scout = Replace Survival with a Rogue-like Spec (LOLNO)
    Tinker = Engineering
    Barbarian = Enhancement Shaman
    Runemaster = Not even in the trinity
    Enhancement Shaman? What the hell? Wouldn't Fury Warrior make a bit more sense than someone that relies on spells to enhance him and his weapons?
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-07-16 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    Are their any good examples of this? The idea just sounds terrible to me..
    The only things I can think of are non-playable characters in games, and some builds in Dark Souls.

Hey, it could work! A shield wall! I mean, look at how badass that can look: http://i.imgur.com/rQuHFKW.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Enhancement Shaman? What the hell? Wouldn't Fury Warrior make a bit more sense than someone that relies on spells to enhance him and his weapons?
    I actually think both work fine. When I think Enhance I think of a half naked dwarf with two big hammers. When I think of Fury I think of a heavily armored dude with two big swords. Like two different specs

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    The only things I can think of are non-playable characters in games, and some builds in Dark Souls.

Hey, it could work! A shield wall! I mean, look at how badass that can look: http://i.imgur.com/rQuHFKW.jpg
    That's looks good and helps me visualize it better. Using the two shields to form a wall is a cool concept.

I had more of something like this in mind which just looks silly to me: http://i35.tinypic.com/1sjmet.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    a necromancer would be a ranged unholy dk.
    Honestly I wish that they had just done this from the get go. Make unholy dk a necromancer class who uses int plate and specialized in summon armies of the dead and corrupting the flesh of the living.
    Honestly if the unholy spec they're pushing in legion was ranged and cast spells it would be perfect. They already have a ranged plague spreading attack with outbreak. Their artifact weapon summons undead and the corrupting the flesh of the target is basically festering wounds. Anything that uses runes would be instant cast and anything that uses runic power would be a cast time. They would have a larger pool of RP than normal, start out with 100% and generate it slowly over time in addition to gaining some whenever a rune is used. I would say more summons too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I actually think both work fine. When I think Enhance I think of a half naked dwarf with two big hammers. When I think of Fury I think of a heavily armored dude with two big swords. Like two different specs
    I guess you have a point there. But I still think Fury works a bit better, due to the nature of Shaman and the spec. And Mail armor can be quite sturdy as well.
    Last edited by Santti; 2016-07-16 at 05:29 PM.

I don't see how DK fills the niche of Necromancer. In other games,the necromancer is usually a caster. Sure, DKs have a touch of necromancy, but it's not like it's the core game play.

I would like to see this game have a short term charmer like some other MMOs do. Bard could be great for that and Tinker could have some sort of bot or mech suit he rides around in, which just sounds super fun to me. Bard seems like it would be hard to balance, if they are allowed to charm raid trash and such though.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about a battle mage, I think that would be interesting.

Warden type class that uses glaives. A real mid ranged class. Honestly though that should probably just be the 3rd demon hunter spec.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imma fight for my Bard until the day the servers die.

Ranged DPS and Healer.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

How about no new classes and more new races.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Only reason I'd get excited for tinkerer class is that we will get a gnome/goblin techonoloy based expansion
    Necromancer will never get added.

Not even going to read this post, just can't pass up the opportunity to state that I'm sure about 1/2 of them are saying "TINKERER!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    How about no new classes and more new races.
    I agree with this. I would rather they expand the race options. But also instead of adding new classes I'd rather see them add new specs.