Thread: Slavic Unity

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    slavs and "work together"
    there is a higher chance that someone brings tito back from the dead.
    Germans and French "work together" - can you imagine?! The French and the English "work together" - damn, that's even harder. Alright, imagine all 3 working together! Can you seriously imagine? I can't. After their bloody and hateful history, I can't imagine a minute where they don't wage war, let alone actually have a military and political alliance with one another.... damn! My brain is on overwork in its attempt to imagine that for a split second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    As stupid as the idea sounds, I'm not totally opposed to the idea that the Eastern European countries cut loose and leave the EU to join Russia.
    You know what would be stupid? Aligning with Anglo-America and its puppets. You know what would be stupid? Trying to pretend the individual Slavic states can stand their own against great powers. You know what would be smart? Trying the alternative that is to one way or another unite or at least form an alliance between our states.

Imagining great things isn't stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    In a Slavic state we would not be ruled by Russians, but rule altogether. Poles are slaves to the West, and the same as other Eastern European peoples who live under the EU and align with the Anglo-Americans and their puppet states. Neither Poles nor Bulgarians nor any other Eastern Europeans are better off in the EU, nor will they be. This is a Western project and should be considered as foreign to us.
    Absolutely not, we Central Europeans do not want to have anything to do with Russian muzhiks. 40 years of Russian misrule was enough. And we are not eastern Europeans. We Czechs do not have anything in common with Russians neither historically, nor culturally, nor politically.
    Last edited by Zoranon; 2016-07-16 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

You want to come in a historical argument with me? I think that would be wise. Very wise... lol.
    Yes I think it would be really wise because I know history.

Really, learn history. Go get some sort of self-education on it.
    Is "self-education" codeword for "search the right kind of propaganda from google"?

Deleted
    You just want to build a wall and let the EU-west pay for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Absolutely not, we Central Europeans do not want to have anything to do with Russian muzhiks. 40 years of Russian misrule was enough. And we are not eastern Europeans. We do not have anything in common with Russians neither historically, nor culturally, nor politically.
    You're not Central European, you're Eastern. You've always been and will be.

Language is among the most important parts of a people's culture, and you share a similar language with Russians. Your "nothing in common with Russia" statement is stupid, and you should laugh at yourself for uttering that.

I'm from a slavic country and i for the love of me would never want to side with Russia especially now.
    My country was freed from Ottoman empire after 500years of slavery by the Russians but not cause they were so awfuly good but because they needed to make other aliances and that gave them an edge.

Slavic union is like a wet dream for some people but it wont work because slavic country's are as corrupt as any other country in the world.
    No politician is going to do whats good for the country or the people they will do whats best for them it doesn't matter who is on top of the union.

About UK leaving the euro union they will suffer for it them self's their stocks and everything is already plummeting eventually it will get stable but it will be 2 late for that.

Also OP you seem a-bit delusional :O .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yes I think it would be really wise because I know history.

Is "self-education" codeword for "search the right kind of propaganda from google"?
    You're unworthy of my time.

You're unworthy of my time.
    Too bad. I thought you would put up a fight longer than that before conceding.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not Central European, you're Eastern. You've always been and will be.

Language is among the most important parts of a people's culture, and you share a similar language with Russians. Your "nothing in common with Russia" statement is stupid, and you should laugh at yourself for uttering that.
    Yeah right, because Holy Roman Empire and Austrian empire are typical examples of Eastern empires right? We have never been in the east, except for the regrettable 40 years of Russian tyranny. And we will never go back there.

Similar, as in different alphabet and the like? Just because we are in the same language group does not suggest any kinship. Russian mentality is completely different to Czech.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I'm from a slavic country and i for the love of me would never want to side with Russia especially now.
    My country was freed from Ottoman empire after 500years of slavery by the Russians but not cause they were so awfuly good but because they needed to make other aliances and that gave them an edge.

Slavic union is like a wet dream for some people but it wont work because slavic country's are as corrupt as any other country in the world.
    No politician is going to do whats good for the country or the people they will do whats best for them it doesn't matter who is on top of the union.

About UK leaving the euro union they will suffer for it them self's their stocks and everything is already plummeting eventually it will get stable but it will be 2 late for that.

Also OP you seem a-bit delusional :O .
    This is just sad to read. You think the current reality is such that we work under a fair system in the European Union, and that the big powers work in our interests? Are you courageous enough to say this to me? Germany is anything but interested in working for the other countries. Everything it does in the EU is in its own interests. Germans don't have a history of being good with other nations anyway; Slavs should know this, having been absorbed and forcibly assimilated in their midst for centuries.

7+ Year Old Account
    this over glorified narcissistic eastern propaganda needs to stop.
    you do not speak for us.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Yeah right, because Holy Roman Empire and Austrian empire are typical examples of Eastern empires right? We have never been in the east, except for the regrettable 40 years of Russian tyranny. And we will never go back there.

Similar, as in different alphabet and the like? Just because we are in the same language group does not suggest any kinship. Russian mentality is completely different to Czech.
    My country was under several empires, and that didn't exactly change the roots of my ethnic group. We are and will be Eastern Europeans, even if we are in a totally ambiguous geographical position in Europe (Central, Eastern, bordering South).

Sorry to say, but being Slav makes you have more in common with Russians than any other non-Slavic Europeans. You can lick the arses of the Westerners, but you'll never be like them. You're Eastern in their eyes, in the eyes of historians, and in the eyes of Eastern Europeans. Deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    this over glorified narcissistic eastern propaganda needs to stop.
    you do not speak for us.
    Your hatred of Eastern Europe speaks for itself, so rather than coming with a hateful comment, you should go elsewhere. This will happen one day I believe and hope, and maybe you should get used to the idea as well.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Slavic Unity might be aided by their languages being closer to one another. The Slavic branch is newer somewhat and thus there is a bit of closeness between the living Slavic languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

So you want to be the United Slavic Alliance or U.S.A. for short?

Deleted
    The Germanic peoples here and their responses are so sad... Seriously, your pathetic attempt at dismissing the possibility of this speaks of your fears of this happening more than the very realism of it. But, only idiots don't imagine and work for great projects. Are you one of them? Just because your laughable lands, which I hope are more and more invaded by non-Europeans, are in decay does not mean it is wise for you to ignore our love for the lands of Slavs. It might be a foreign concept to you, to love the homeland, but it is not to us. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    My country was under several empires, and that didn't exactly change the roots of my ethnic group. We are and will be Eastern Europeans, even if we are in a totally ambiguous geographical position in Europe (Central, Eastern, bordering South).

Sorry to say, but being Slav makes you have more in common with Russians than any other non-Slavic Europeans. You can lick the arses of the Westerners, but you'll never be like them. You're Eastern in their eyes, in the eyes of historians, and in the eyes of Eastern Europeans. Deal with it.
    No just no. We are not eastern Europeans and never have been refered as such except since WW2. That error is being gradually corrected. You need to snap out of your victim complex.

I'd love to see this, but it's not possible. For one, Catholic Slavs and Eastern Orthodox Slavs would never get along with each other, let alone the few Muslim Slavs. This project was already tried with people who were very close to each other than any other Slavic group, linguistically and culturally, and it didn't work. In Yugoslavia, Slovenes and Croats were more industrialized than the other republics, and that bred resentment as they saw their money being funneled off to places that weren't nearly as modern.

Besides, you say we wouldn't be ruled by Russia, but that's just false. Russia has, by far, the largest population of all the Slavic countries, and their people would not settle for having the same degree of power as, say, Macedonia who has 1/100th the population.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I wrote about has more to do with other things than pure nationalism, so your stupid comment warrants to bigger response than to say that my personal love for my homeland is none of your business. Sure, call me a nationalist. Oh how offended am I. I love my fatherland and its history and what it stands for, and wish to protect it, and wish for a future in which it is in alliance with states that share a similar history and culture and want to protect and advance its interests - got a problem?
    That's an excuse all nationalists use to justify their attitude. If you knew something about the modern realities, you would realize that it is no longer about your petty "us vs them", it isn't how globalized economy works.

If you want to go with Russia, you are always free to move there - I don't think many Europeans will miss you.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Get out while you can.