Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen the film, but ended up searching for the score to see if there were any variations of the theme. Go to 3:00 in the vid and see (Or listen) for yourselves, as I sure love this part:
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Undoomed's video was taken down from Youtube, here it is instead,
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4j...ostbusters_fun
    Thanks I am in love with this guy allready!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, do what you wanna do, but that just seems like a foolish reason to not see a good movie. It's not like watching this one will destroy the original and your memories of it.
    But it will if its a bad movie. The orginals where great and dont need a reboot cause no reboot can top the originals....especially not one which is only used as femism torch....

Since some things I want to say about the movie are censored here now and I'm not allowed to talk about it(eventhough it's a consistent theme prevalent throughout the movie) I'll just link a great review that completely summarizes everything:

On another note, why can't females have heroines like Ripley, Sarah Connor, Rita(from Edge of Tomorrow), Furiosa, even Rey from TFA I loved, without this whole mess. This isn't a movie with heroines I'd want my daughter to look up to(because the message it sends out) and I'm glad I didn't have this stuff to watch when I was a kid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I restrict a lot of movies when it comes to my 6 year old, but my oldest daughter is 10 and I let her watch movies that I think are okay for her age. A couple of days ago we watched Alien and Poltergeist (new one) with her cousins (also 10). I was hoping to scare them, but they just thought it was cool. Lame.
    that parenting explains alot

Anyone knows what the movie made the first days yet?
    Last edited by mmoc25fb373f9a; 2016-07-16 at 03:34 PM.

I saw it and really enjoyed it, Kate McKinnon in particular.

So far not a terribly great opening for a big summer reboot. Looks like it's going to get beat out by 'Pets' and that movie is in its second weekend. This could mean a big second week drop as poor word spreads.

User reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are more in line with the Top Critics scores than the All Critics score. Word of mouth doesn't look like it's going to do it any favors.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think the new movie should have been based off the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon. That did it right.Its the fact that its a reboot thats ruined it for me.

I still am not planning to see the movie but I hear its alot better than those thought it would be and that's fine I have no problem with peoples opinions on it, if its good, great, that's awesome but I personally don't care.
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-07-16 at 04:17 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    it's so fucking hilarious to see all these critics sites making excuses for this movie. Like actually hilarious. Any other movie and it would have been called a shitshow opening weekend.

http://collider.com/friday-box-offic..._medium=social

Haters gonna hate, but Paul Feig‘s all-female Ghostbusters reboot has taken the lead at the Friday box office, bringing in a cool $17.2 million. Though that’s not a huge number, especially given its $144 million budget, Feig’s movies tend to be slow burns at the box office, with a lot of sustaining power. This opening is also the biggest for both Feig and star (and frequent collaborator) Melissa McCarthy, and so far is staying on track with predictions.

Still, it looks like Ghostbusters will likely be overtaken by Universal’s The Secret Life of Pets for the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    it's so fucking hilarious to see all these critics sites making excuses for this movie. Like actually hilarious. Any other movie and it would have been called a shitshow opening weekend.
    There too scared to say anything negative because then there will be backlash.

It was clear as day that's how the reviews would play out. Don't want to say anything negative otherwise ur a sexist or some shit. It can't be because the movie was bad people say negative things... Nope gotta be sexist.

If people like the movie fine, different strokes for different fokes. But don't like the movie just because it push's your argument.

To be clear I don't mean you shampro just people overall.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    On another note, why can't females have heroines like Ripley, Sarah Connor, Rita(from Edge of Tomorrow), Furiosa, even Rey from TFA I loved, without this whole mess. This isn't a movie with heroines I'd want my daughter to look up to(because the message it sends out) and I'm glad I didn't have this stuff to watch when I was a kid
    Not dismissing the others, just to say that Rita was a fantastic character. Strong, ruthless killing machine that taught her opposite "Cage" how to be just as formidable. If I was to look for a "feminist" message this would have been a perfect character for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    It's like watching the musicians when the Titanic is sinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    2) the first joke is a queef joke which is so lowbrow even though the first movie had a ghost giving Bill Murray a blowjob (which makes less sense the more you think about it).
    Dan Akroyd, not Bill Murray.

Deleted
    The reason I wont go to see this is because I'm fed up with women hijacking established areas and taking them over. Why don't these female actresses try putting some effort into building up their own things instead of simply moving in to things that they had nothing to do with?

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    The reason I wont go to see this is because I'm fed up with women hijacking established areas and taking them over. Why don't these female actresses try putting some effort into building up their own things instead of simply moving in to things that they had nothing to do with?
    There is no rule saying they can't make a women ghostbusters movie. The problem is the movie is shit and push's a agenda.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There is no rule saying they can't make a women ghostbusters movie. The problem is the movie is shit and push's a agenda.
    OFC there are no rules about this. But it is the female way. They don't put the work in themselves, and they seldom innovate, they just take over anything already existing. Because it's easier.

Clearly you didn't watch the reviews then. Because right off the bat he stated he knows people like you will say shit like fanboy or sexist.

How about watching both the review and the spoiler talk before commenting on it. Just because someone dislikes something it doesn't make them a fanboy or not a fanboy...
    I watched the whole thing. And I don't think he's sexist, I just think he's a fanboy. They all cosplayed their way to the theatre, and their wholly emotional reviews come from glorifying the original Ghostbusters as some sort of subtle monument to witty humor. Instead of the silly, goofy movie it was. Yes, it was edgier back then. Having lived in the 80s, the decade as a whole was edgier.

Joe is by no means a professional movie critic. That's not to say the YT reviewers who reviewed this movie are, but they at least make movies the sole purpose of their channels, whereas Joe is trying to branch out from video games into movies. He reviews movies as a fan of the franchise. It's why he didn't like Life of Pets that much, even though most other people think it's pretty good, it's why he liked Tarzan when most other people think it was okay-ish to slightly above average. I've watched Joe since the beginning when he was just doing video games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    The Force Awakens starred a young woman and featured so much pastiche from A New Hope it entered the same "remake" territory, but I don't recall angry mobs of kneejerk-hateful men. Nor am I aware of any backlash over this year's Star Wars film starring a young woman.

I'm expecting that the firewall of gender politics protecting a crappy cash-in breaks when those weekend numbers emerge.
    Clearly you don't remember the 1000 page thread on this forum saying Rey was pandering to females and that people weren't willing to show her having flaws because "girl power." There was a huge uproar over her perceived power level, and how the PC police were in full effect. Even though level-headed people rightly pointed out that she faced constant doubt in herself the whole movie, and was always wanting to go home (probably due to a mind wipe/manipulation). And then there was the backlash when the first Rogue One trailer came out which basically was summed up as "Oh man, two female protagonists in a row, wtf!"
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-07-16 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Clearly you don't remember the 1000 page thread on this forum saying Rey was pandering to females and that people weren't willing to show her having flaws because "girl power."
    Can you provide a link to that thread?

Deleted
    So which feminazi infracted me then? Didn't like the free speech that you all claim to not be given.

You even infracted me via Scrapbot so there's no way to respond other than this. Gutless bastards.

So come on gimme another. Hit me with the ban you cowards.

Deleted
    wow seems like almost all movie theatres running Ghostbusters 2016 are empty. Lots of people from different locations are reporting that cinemas are basically empty with only 5-10 people in them.

If this flick manages to get 20$ million on opening I call BS propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    wow seems like almost all movie theatres running Ghostbusters 2016 are empty. Lots of people from different locations are reporting that cinemas are basically empty with only 5-10 people in them.

If this flick manages to get 20$ million on opening I call BS propaganda.

It's actually on track to do 45-50 million my Monday.

I don't think that's really so great for such a franchise, but since the studio low balled estimates, media is reporting it as some kind of accomplishment.

/ shrug

- - - Updated - - -

Watch angryjoes review. The review itself is spoiler free and then he made a video talking about the spoilers. I posted both videos a couple pages back.

His review hits all the nails on the head IMO.
    I actually watched after I posted once I got home.

Yikes. Ducking brutal. And I didn't appreciate be of the way he reacted to Star Wars. I expected him to bash the fans as haters. So yeah. And my superman friend doesn't seem like she will see it. She says she wants too, but she is off this weekend and her actions say she is in no rush. She is more excited about forcing me to watch the purge.