Thanks for the info - I am also very curious to see how the new artifact gated specs work. I think it's very interesting blizzard essentially made life more difficult for themselves. In the past they might say "mages are fine because both fire and frost are performing very strongly in raids". They can't do that anymore because every lagging spec...especially for pure DPS classes...will have a giant spotlight on them.

Deleted
    Been trying to decide what to main in legion. I mained warlock in wod and really liked old demo game play (demonbolt/cataclysm) so for legion I figured shadow priest would be similar.

Reading their forums though and it sounds like they are really weak in 5 man content.

How is affliction in myth+? Great on council as usual it seems but looking at their talents it seems to me that there is some options for aoe this time too.

Deleted
    Just found some interesting things about Unstable Affliction, you can read about them here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-does-on-live

Long story short: Unstable affliction interacts with pandemic in some way, and reapplying unstable affliction has some very strange interactions with current tick timing.

Expected behaviour, 1 UA = 100 k damage in this example: Cast UA, expect 4 ticks of ~25 k damage. If 0 ticks before casting another unstable affliction you would expect 200 k damage from resulting UA, if 1 tick for 25k you would expect 175k from resulting UA, and so on.

However, not only does pandemic seem to influence this in some way, the current tick also affects it. Basically the less time there is until your UA ticks when another UA is applied, the less damage is added for the current tick. I assumed it would be between 100-0%, depending on how close you are to the previous tick before reapplication, but after some testing i found that if you reapply UA "exactly" when a tick occurs, your resulting UA suddenly hits way harder than it should.

Do you guys think this is intended? Do you guys think this has influenced their tuning of affliction?

Edit:

In the thread I linked, I also linked a screenshot of my combat log. 1 UA = 100 k damage, yet I managed to do around 1 mil damage (1.2 mil with crits) with 5 UAs. No procs, disregarded crits, and made sure that I had no CH procs as well as no Agony up to proc it during testing. That is some serious "bonus" bug damage.
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2016-07-14 at 03:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The more I play warlock the more clunky/ineffective our aoe looks

Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    The more I play warlock the more clunky/ineffective our aoe looks
    just tried the skorpyron boss this morning.... feels like im playing afflic on iskar... (lots of adds but cant do shit)
    and i thought they make affliction AoE better... but yeah it feels better than WoD.. but other class get alot better too
    DK and Hunters takes the glory
    Last edited by dooms; 2016-07-14 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roidzilla View Post
    Afflic artifact is still not fixed, it doesn't double traits. Once this is fixed Aff will does top 3dmg single target and be on top for multiple target fights while still falling behind in quick aoe situations.
    Really? Still? Jesus

some are affected, some arent, u can look at the Final boss affl 2nd pass vid and he shows it very clearly that most of the traits arent affected (basically none of the 3/3 traits and some 1/1 traits) even wrath of consumption doesnt doubble despite the tooltip changing...

So I was on the ptr, and I noticed something. If you cast seed on a target, and then immediately try to cast seed again on the same target with the seed still on, the game will automatically send the seed to an adjacent target, without you having to target switch. Pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantombox View Post
    So I was on the ptr, and I noticed something. If you cast seed on a target, and then immediately try to cast seed again on the same target with the seed still on, the game will automatically send the seed to an adjacent target, without you having to target switch. Pretty nice.
    Interesting, that's actually pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dooms View Post
    just tried the skorpyron boss this morning.... feels like im playing afflic on iskar... (lots of adds but cant do shit)
    and i thought they make affliction AoE better... but yeah it feels better than WoD.. but other class get alot better too
    DK and Hunters takes the glory
    You kidding? Sow the Seeds + Soul Flame is mental on Skorpyron.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You kidding? Sow the Seeds + Soul Flame is mental on Skorpyron.
    I just watched an Affli Lock do ~700k DPS on Skorpyron alongside Limit's Xyronic (Fire Mage) who was also doing around ~700k DPS. And it was, in fact, due to Soul Flame. :P Can confirm, it is le fixed.

The log is provided by Xyronic on Wowlogs. Would link, but new to the forum.
    Last edited by Corvusse; 2016-07-16 at 01:03 PM.

Yep.

https://www.twitch.tv/xyronic/v/78326628

Check at around 4 hour 37 minutes into the stream.

Soul Flame has its moments.

and people said affl aoe is crap ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
    Yep.

https://www.twitch.tv/xyronic/v/78326628

Check at around 4 hour 37 minutes into the stream.

Soul Flame has its moments.
    "He's gonna beat me, that talent is OP!"

Proceeds to top the meters with passive cleave. What a toolbox. It's disheartening seeing that happen in mythic dungeons.
    Last edited by Bullarkie; 2016-07-16 at 06:47 PM.

Have to believe Soul Flame will be toned down a bit. Pretty ridiculous stuff. That being said, maybe not, because Skorpyron is a special case with so many bunched up adds, all the time. Should make dungeon damage as Affliction very good though. Very good survivability also? Saw an Afflic lock doing well on a recent stream too. Think they're going to fare better than people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    "He's gonna beat me, that talent is OP!"

Proceeds to top the meters with passive cleave. What a toolbox. It's disheartening seeing that happen in mythic dungeons.
    Also, the lock didnt place his effigy under the adds so he lost a ton of damage on boss there as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    Also, the lock didnt place his effigy under the adds so he lost a ton of damage on boss there as well
    How would Soul effigy interact with the adds at all?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    So its look like soul flame should be the first pick on the tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    All the explosions would hit it, too, which would reflect damage back onto the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Soul flame deals damage to effigy, 35% of that goes to boss as well...that, times all the adds that spawn, a lot of extra dmg