Deleted

So apparently Sweeping Strikes is bugged or it works as intended which is quite bad tbh. Idk if this was addressed before, but when using a Mortal strike on a target below 20% it doesn't cleave the second target, and only Execute works (as shown in the video). It's also vice versa. If u use a Mortal strike on the target above 20% and the second target is below 20% sweeping strikes doesn't work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post
    snip watch?v=BV0Xb8WWgi8

So apparently Sweeping Strikes is bugged or it works as intended which is quite bad tbh. Idk if this was addressed before, but when using a Mortal strike on a target below 20% it doesn't cleave the second target, and only Execute works (as shown in the video). It's also vice versa. If u use a Mortal strike on the target above 20% and the second target is below 20% sweeping strikes doesn't work.
    Could this be because of the way In For the Kill works? Giving you double procs is not intended?

The real question now is: what else did they ninja change?

With the total silence from these devs on warrior,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethmold View Post
    Could this be because of the way In For the Kill works? Giving you double procs is not intended?
    I had Mortal Combo talent there, not In for the Kill. I guess only luck with Tactician with those back to back resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Goxicity View Post

Sounds like a bug. I'd suggest you try it with a few different target dummies (Argent Tourny has Executable dummies) or some real world mobs to confirm it isn't just an issue with those particular dummies (training dummies are some of the weirdest mobs they've ever coded, so it isn't all that surprising when one breaks), before you submit. Good find.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    The real question now is: what else did they ninja change?

With the total silence from these devs on warrior,
    Not just Warrior, every class is getting hotfixes. You know they're under no obligation to tell us what they are doing, and Blizz actual philosophy has always leaned toward closed door design. Just be calm and we'll sort it all out.

In for the Kill has never given me double rage, even if it hit two targets below 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Not just Warrior, every class is getting hotfixes. You know they're under no obligation to tell us what they are doing, and Blizz actual philosophy has always leaned toward closed door design. Just be calm and we'll sort it all out.
    Never said I wasn't. Thought it was clear from the pic that I was joking. They often hotfix things quickly and don't have the time to tell folks. That's been standard operating procedure for a long time.

Their communication just hits a nerve with me, though. They have communicated with every other spec during this beta. They have not communicated with Arms Warrior aside from letting us know that they nerfed Shockwave and Stormbolt and that they were done, and they have not communicated with Fury or Prot warriors at all.

They did answer a few warrior related theorycrafting questions, but they've not addressed any of our Fury/Prot feedback. That's just frustrating.
    Last edited by Beardyface; 2016-07-16 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beardyface View Post
    Never said I wasn't. Thought it was clear from the pic that I was joking. They often hotfix things quickly and don't have the time to tell folks. That's been standard operating procedure for a long time.

Their communication just hits a nerve with me, though. They have communicated with every other spec during this beta. They have not communicated with Arms Warrior aside from letting us know that they nerfed Shockwave and Stormbolt and that they were done, and they have not communicated with Fury or Prot warriors at all.

They did answer a few warrior related theorycrafting questions, but they've not addressed any of our Fury/Prot feedback. That's just frustrating.
    That's not true. They told us they were done working on Fury/Arms when they clearly were not.

So that Focused Rage build is bringing the pain with that slam buff and everything else getting nerfed.

I'm really not looking forward to having to use focused rage. If thats the only viable build i will have to switch to fury.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanderhevel View Post
    I'm really not looking forward to having to use focused rage. If thats the only viable build i will have to switch to fury.
    Have to agree with you there. I hate FR.

Have to agree with you there. I hate FR.
    It's pretty much a single target build, which doesn't happen that often. But I agree I don't like the playstyle, just noting that it's quite effective currently.

Well something is up with Arms rage generation. Melee swings seems to almost never come, abilities seem to cost way more than they did couple days ago.
    The nerfs the last couple days are just mind boggling... Went from comfortably doing 220-250k dps in mythic 5 mans to now struggling to do 150k... (843 ilvl and 26 artifacts traits into Arms)
    WW nerfed (multiple times)
    Rage generation bugged (hopefully)
    Rise of builds that are heavily hated in the community...

I mean I'd rather play Fury at this point, spamming buttons until my fingers start bleeding from underneath my nails...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Well something is up with Arms rage generation. Melee swings seems to almost never come, abilities seem to cost way more than they did couple days ago.
    The nerfs the last couple days are just mind boggling... Went from comfortably doing 220-250k dps in mythic 5 mans to now struggling to do 150k... (843 ilvl and 26 artifacts traits into Arms)
    WW nerfed (multiple times)
    Rage generation bugged (hopefully)
    Rise of builds that are heavily hated in the community...

I mean I'd rather play Fury at this point, spamming buttons until my fingers start bleeding from underneath my nails...
    No direct change to Rage generation that I'm aware of, but there are two things that will make a difference and are quite noticeable as of the latest build.

1) Slam now costs 20 rage instead of 15. That will add up
    2) Will of the First King only refuds 1 rage, rather than 2. This adds up as well.

Without Dauntless or the Legendary MS gloves rage generation doesn't feel in a good spot. Doubly so for the execute rotation.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2016-07-16 at 08:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hum after ninja hotfix this build => http://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#EmdF still very good on ST & MT, after test on dungeon and Lfr, Slam@filler ST and WW+buff Cleave@filler Cleave/Aoe with bonus on main target, don' t worry about Arms, for the moment...
    Last edited by Valy; 2016-07-16 at 08:36 PM.

I would really love it if overpower/avatar was the go-to spec for single target once legion launches, because i'm so confused right now, not about the specs and their quirks, but there's something that bothers me about both arms and fury with the way they're played right now on beta, they're close to being really enjoyable (for me atleast), but they need a little push, some change which i can't really pinpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Levisaurus View Post
    I would really love it if overpower/avatar was the go-to spec for single target once legion launches, because i'm so confused right now, not about the specs and their quirks, but there's something that bothers me about both arms and fury with the way they're played right now on beta, they're close to being really enjoyable (for me atleast), but they need a little push, some change which i can't really pinpoint.
    This isn't targeted at you specifically, but I hate comments like these.

Why does it have to be the "go-to" spec for you to play it? If you like it better, play it, end of story. Realize that everyone has their own opinion of what they do/not enjoy the most, and they can't all be the "go-to" spec so that their idea of enjoyment can overlap with optimization.

The difference between most talents is not that wide, and few people play at the level where it even matters to begin with. Play what you enjoy and don't worry so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Focused Rage makes leveling and killing mobs with shit gear at 110 so fucking easy lol.

No offense taken, just been playing the game for too long to avoid min-maxing, playing the less efficient way atleast for me feels like i'm not doing what i'm supposed to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levisaurus View Post
    I don't mind not having Avatar , but Overpower is my baby:P