Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    What's interesting about this story is that it only spread through Arab media & india media only. Meanwhile, Western media don't give a fuck about news like this as they take every chance to smear & create more hate towards Arabs.

This is just a pattern I noticed where the bad news get reported and the good news gets no coverage.
    There have been plenty of stuff like this on western media, the one dude wrestling a suicide bomb guy in lebanon for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    http://m.indiatimes.com/news/world/m...es-258126.html

I commend this man for his self-sacrifice, regardless of his religious affiliation, this man saved hundreds from dying.
    What a brave thing to do. I hope people rally behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    So while there are countless threads discussing hillary, trump, and bernie BS, this man save over hundreds by self sacrifice. Why aren't there more people like this guy? Damn...our world is pretty damn hopeless. All in for creating a real life burning legion say I
    I am certain that there are lots like him. It is just that our media are the rich man propaganda tool.

They will not report stories like this because they do not fit the narrative they want to keep.

Should they start reporting truthfully on what s happening in those regions, the narratives of "us versus them", of "islam is evil", on the fight against Terror (with capital T), on the acceptability of killing people using drones, on mass surveillance etc will all of sudden be revealed of what is was: we have been scammed for close to 20 years.

So it is best to hide this stories and anything that humanise "them", because it is easy to hate those you do not think of as humans and easier to pull the trigger of that hellfire missile from a mile above the target.

Keep people busy with a made up enemy, so that they forget that they are slaves, working for peanuts, with no health cover, hardly no pension, whilst in the meantime they make money.

Deleted
    What kind of Shrine was this?

I literally can't even begin to imagine what went through his mind at that point, or rather how he was actually able to make that choice.

A truly heroic decision to make, I would hope the least they can do is actually spread word of this event over other acts of violence.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I am certain that there are lots like him. It is just that our media are the rich man propaganda tool.

They will not report stories like this because they do not fit the narrative they want to keep.

Should they start reporting truthfully on what s happening in those regions, the narratives of "us versus them", of "islam is evil", on the fight against Terror (with capital T), on the acceptability of killing people using drones, on mass surveillance etc will all of sudden be revealed of what is was: we have been scammed for close to 20 years.

So it is best to hide this stories and anything that humanise "them", because it is easy to hate those you do not think of as humans and easier to pull the trigger of that hellfire missile from a mile above the target.

Keep people busy with a made up enemy, so that they forget that they are slaves, working for peanuts, with no health cover, hardly no pension, whilst in the meantime they make money.
    I have no idea where you are looking and if you even look at all lol, there is plenty of western sites reporting this, google his name and there is plenty.

http://www.n24.de/n24/Nachrichten/Po...n-opferte.html
    http://www.news.com.au/world/middle-...7d413ffda4268e
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/10/hero-h...lives-5997398/
    http://www.unilad.co.uk/news/this-he...zens-of-lives/
    http://www.follownews.com/hashtag/na...ker-al-baldawi

And stuff like this does not happen all the time and when it does it is reported in both the west and the middleeast like when a guy in lebanon tackled a suicide bomber it was all over the news here.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-07-16 at 09:04 PM.

I was talking in general. Bad news are better for at attracting more TV ratings.
    Yeah i dont argue with that, when bad stuff happens it's alot more focus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    http://m.indiatimes.com/news/world/m...es-258126.html

I commend this man for his self-sacrifice, regardless of his religious affiliation, this man saved hundreds from dying.
    You mean the Shia sacrificed to keep the Sunni from killing Shia?
    Not to take anything away from this courageous act, i just think you didn't know that.

What? All Muslims aren't terrorists? Shocking!

I understand what you mean. But I was talking about major 24/7 media like CNN, FOX, etc...
    Yeah have not seen any on those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    He was a better man than I. Hopefully he gets the honoring he deserves from the people he saved.
    If he was right, 72 virgins await him now.

[Joke] Probably a few Mythic raiding guilds [/Joke]

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    What? All Muslims aren't terrorists? Shocking!
    He was trying to remove the vest so HE could have Explodey Time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a ballistics expert, but would "hugging" the bomb really reduce it's effectiveness? We are pretty squishy.

In any case, man died a hero.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I'm not a ballistics expert, but would "hugging" the bomb really reduce it's effectiveness? We are pretty squishy.

In any case, man died a hero.
    yes it does, unless it's a big ass explosion. your body can actually be used as a shield, similar to how soldiers saved their comrades by falling on live grenades.

10+ Year Old Account
    That man is a true hero. I hope he gets the recognition he deserves.

And here Americans would rather let thousands die than face a box-cutter. This guy should get a monument.

7+ Year Old Account
    You see, this Najih fellow, This is the kind of guy who deserves the 72 virgins. May God accept him as a martyr.

He saved dozens. Yes I know I'm an ass for nitpicking. Sorry. It's just one of those things you know?

Now that my OCPD has been sated. My hats off to the man. Poor soul. If i could I would ensure his family is taken care of for the rest of their days. The mans a hero.

*wishes 50% of muslims would wear vests with C4 and other 50% would hug them too*

Infracted - Forbidden Topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-07-16 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    And here Americans would rather let thousands die than face a box-cutter. This guy should get a monument.
    I don't even know how you managed to twist even this into a fuck America thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    What an odd thing to say. The passengers thought the plane was being hijacked, not being suicided into skyscrapers.

And that one plane did figure out the would be crashed on purpose, they did subdue some terrorists but before they could take the plane the terrorists crashed it.

Please tell me you aren't trolling? I hate to think I spent time on typing this out.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland