Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Never questions the police? Is that the takeaway?
    During the incident? Don't question... Yes sir, no sir, here is my id sir. Amazingly? I've never been tazered after more than a few encounters... Funny how that works.

Something wrong happens? That's what lawyers are for... you can fight, but only if you are still alive.

And this guy was on parole? DOUBLY reason to yes sir, no sir... Not that police are perfect and never wrong, but just like this situation where it's possible both sides made mistakes? You still made mistakes and woops there goes your parole.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Obey lawful orders from the police and let them do their jobs, yes. He could easily and calmly have explained who he was and showed them his I.D. after they detained him.

If people just acted reasonably when confronted by police instead of having a giant chip on their shoulder most of the problems being whined about in the U.S. wouldn't exist.
    Yes, lambs that willingly cooperate with being slaughtered have fewer complaints..... If the police acted reasonably when interacting with the public the public wouldnt have a reason to act defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Yes, lambs that willingly cooperate with being slaughtered have fewer complaints..... If the police acted reasonably when interacting with the public the public wouldnt have a reason to act defensively.
    they do act reasonably when people aren't acting like fucking retards

Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    During the incident? Don't question... Yes sir, no sir, here is my id sir. Amazingly? I've never been tazered after more than a few encounters... Funny how that works.

Something wrong happens? That's what lawyers are for... you can fight, but only if you are still alive.

And this guy was on parole? DOUBLY reason to yes sir, no sir... Not that police are perfect and never wrong, but just like this situation where it's possible both sides made mistakes? You still made mistakes and woops there goes your parole.
    wow the fact that you went to cops killing you and you're saying don't fight now live to fight another day says a whole lot about your faith in police

Refusing to leave the car
    Patrick wasn't uncooperative
    Ok then.......
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    wow the fact that you went to cops killing you and you're saying don't fight now live to fight another day says a whole lot about your faith in police
    If you fight back against police? Honestly? Look up a couple videos of what police deal with on a daily basis... look at how quickly someone can kill a cop. They live on edge. They live surrounded by the WORST of humanity day in and day out.

I'm surprised MORE people don't get killed on a daily basis. The fact that the police are as well trained and as professional as they are (generally, there are exceptions of course to both of these) is the reason more 'bad' things don't happen to criminals or those stupid enough to fight/resist.

I have faith in police... but I also know that they will do what needs to be done. And fighting back AMAZINGLY! increases the chance that force will have to be used... and that AMAZINGLY! increases the chance that you go home in a body bag.

It's amazing that people don't understand that or that they are surprised that a subculture that is trained to "resist the man" gets shot more when they resist more.

Of course there are bad police. Of course mistakes happen. Of course there are racists. Of course innocent people suffer some time.

The fact is that the MAJORITY of the cases that these idiots rally behind eventually turn out to be somebody doing something illegal and then resisting arrest... then ending up dead. Even THIS idiots mom said so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Not everyone can afford a worthwhile lawyer.
    I make a good salary and I'd be hard pressed to afford a good lawyer... but that is more affordable than a hospital bill, best case... and it's more recoverable than a body bag, worst case.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    This is what happens when you militarize the police and train them to be aggressive.
    Yeah the difference in training time cops receive on using a gun vs deescalating confrontations is depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    they do act reasonably when people aren't acting like fucking retards
    My observations and interactions do not support your assertion. They did back when I was a kid, but now they think, act, and are armed more like an occupying force.

My observations and interactions do not support your assertion. They did back when I was a kid, but now they think, act, and are armed more like an occupying force.
    There's some data to indicate that the police are using force more quickly than they used to on average as well. Granted the data on police force is pretty thin across the board.

You clearly have not dealt with an occupying force.

Call me when APC's are on the street regularly, there are armed security checkpoints like toll booths all over the place, Sandbags are a regular sight, and rifles are their primary weapon.

Just cause SWAT has all that sexy stuff doesn't mean your regular cop on the street is suddenly military grade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    There's some data to indicate that the police are using force more quickly than they used to on average as well. Granted the data on police force is pretty thin across the board.
    The average number of shots fired by the police per indecent has also gone way up over my lifetime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    You clearly have not dealt with an occupying force.

Call me when APC's are on the street regularly, there are armed security checkpoints like toll booths all over the place, Sandbags are a regular sight, and rifles are their primary weapon.

Just cause SWAT has all that sexy stuff doesn't mean your regular cop on the street is suddenly military grade.
    The fact they have APCs at all is insane. They dont need armed checkpoints, they have nice automated ones all over. I drive through numerous virtual checkpoints every day going to work. I do not recall the last police car I saw that didnt have either an AR-15 or M-16 in it.

Most cops these days are hard to tell apart from most SWAT teams, the main thing they lack is a helmet. The rest of their uniforms and load-outs are the same.