Page 71 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Aren't they removing the tank ranking though?
    I don't care for these rankings, they are garbage and broken anyway (if you mean the KRSI stuff). Checking how much external healing in specific phases someone needed is a progression thing

Apparantly mangle got superbuffed and maul&thrash artifact traits got big buffs too... kinda weird since they nerfed them last patch, but the buffs are insane (Thrash artifact went from 15% dmg to 12% to now 30% lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Apparantly mangle got superbuffed and maul&thrash artifact traits got big buffs too... kinda weird since they nerfed them last patch, but the buffs are insane (Thrash artifact went from 15% dmg to 12% to now 30% lol)
    How large a buff to mangle? I felt like the nerfs to damage werent really warranted. must have been important for them to hotfix them in instead of waiting til Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    How large a buff to mangle? I felt like the nerfs to damage werent really warranted. must have been important for them to hotfix them in instead of waiting til Tuesday
    i believe it was 400% ap, got nerfed to 350% and someone said it looks like it's 500% ap now.

i believe it was 400% ap, got nerfed to 350% and someone said it looks like it's 500% ap now.

Just read that there was a swipe buff and a small maul nerf... What a weird day

This happens when they work on multiple builds at once, Change A makes it into Build X and Y, Change B makes it into build X and Z, change C makes into Build Y. Then we get one of those build sent out (X, Y, or Z) with a messed up last minute Change F added in that makes no sense then they have to go and hot fix in the changes from either A B C that made change F needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    I'm torn between Bear and Blood right now as my MT, not sure which one to go with.
    Blood Boil will get nerfed, if you sololy wanting to DK Tank cause of the damage it does. It aint worth the time.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

This happens when they work on multiple builds at once, Change A makes it into Build X and Y, Change B makes it into build X and Z, change C makes into Build Y. Then we get one of those build sent out (X, Y, or Z) with a messed up last minute Change F added in that makes no sense then they have to go and hot fix in the changes from either A B C that made change F needed.
    They also hotfix a lot to test balancing changes in a more short-term timeframe. If they don't tell us that its happening, then we would only know by the time the next build comes out and updated tooltips are datamined.

The tooltip says 340% weapon damage. I don't think it ever scaled directly with AP.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The tooltip says 340% weapon damage. I don't think it ever scaled directly with AP.
    Got some confirmation of the mangle and thrash buffs, also said buff and maul nerf. Overall I'm pretty pleased.

Has anyone got a working WA for the Galactic Guardian proc?
    I must be doing something wrong, can't get it to trigger whatever I do. Probably me derping

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    I must be doing something wrong, can't get it to trigger whatever I do. Probably me derping
    Should be inside this group here. Cant upload the single aura right now.
    http://pastebin.com/ssDpcanv

Let me know if it worked, else I have to log in :O

tooting own horn, if you need WA's or want to post some->http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...kaura-s-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Here's mine. Nice and shiny!

http://pastebin.com/Ra8jidbA

Some changes they made that will be with the patch on Tuesday...

Druid

Vicious Bites now increases Mangle damage by 7/14/21% (was 5/10/15%).
    Jagged Claws now increases Thrash damage by 10/20/30% (was 4/8/12%).
    Maul damage reduced by 40%.
    Swipe and Moonfire for Guardian damage increased by 20%.
    Mangle damage increased by 10%.
    Pulverize damage increased by 50%.

Also all tanks got a 50% damage nerf thru their artifact

Tank artifacts now passively increase damage done by up to 20% (was 40%), based on artifact trait points spent.

Its curious they are doing artifact tuning for pre-patch launch, but probably trying to hit the final DPS goal right away.
    Anyway, Maul nerfed 40% again, does that mean its not even worth pressing in downtime situations now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Its curious they are doing artifact tuning for pre-patch launch, but probably trying to hit the final DPS goal right away.
    Anyway, Maul nerfed 40% again, does that mean its not even worth pressing in downtime situations now?
    I'm not a mathamagician, but I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth using over Swipe now, given Swipe's AoE nature and our tendency even when solo to mostly pull multiple mobs. I mean, Swipe has potential to reset cooldown on Mangle through Gore passive, Maul doesn't have any benefit like that. Maul's only benefit is rage bleeding, but if the difference is so small, then I'd rather just stay at full rage for when I need it.

Ignoring Maul in all situations will simplify the rotation even more, but I'm not that bothered with that at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm not a mathamagician, but I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth using over Swipe now, given Swipe's AoE nature and our tendency even when solo to mostly pull multiple mobs. I mean, Swipe has potential to reset cooldown on Mangle through Gore passive, Maul doesn't have any benefit like that. Maul's only benefit is rage bleeding, but if the difference is so small, then I'd rather just stay at full rage for when I need it.

Ignoring Maul in all situations will simplify the rotation even more, but I'm not that bothered with that at this point.
    You can use both, since Maul is off the GCD. Really no reason to stay rage-capped except for simplicity. But with its damage nerfs its really feeling more like a chore then actual damage.

Maul hits for less then autoattacks now, at around 1/6 of Mangle, 1/3 of Swipe.

Some quick numbers from my 110 druid (~820 ilvl or so), against a training dummy

Mangle: 72-75k (without bleed), 85-90k with bleed
    Swipe: ~35k
    Thrash: 54k hit, 3.4k tics (one stack)
    Moonfire: 18k hit, 20k tics
    Auto-attack: 15-17k
    Maul: ~12k

Maul is entirely unrewarding and costs rage as the only one of those. When actively tanking using it should be absolutely avoided. When not tanking its not like we have a better use for the rage, but it still feels so pointless. Considering it even has a cooldown (2.66 seconds with my current haste), even 100% usage only comes out to a DPS increase of 4.5k

They did talk before about not wanting to trade damage for survivablity this much, and making Maul do basically no damage would accomplish this goal at least, I guess.

PS:
    Specced GG, not SotF, so not the 15% boost on Mangle.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-07-17 at 08:46 AM.

lol, is it really that hard to use maul? just bind it to mousewheel up, like heroic strike (focused rage now) for warrior, and the rotation becomes so much easier, because you don't pay any attention to it, you just scroll up and dump some rage when you need to.

Also all tanks got a 50% damage nerf thru their artifact

Tank artifacts now passively increase damage done by up to 20% (was 40%), based on artifact trait points spent.
    That's not a 50% nerf. Closer to 14.5%(120%/140%). The artifact would have to reduce your damage by 30% for it to be a 50% damage nerf.