Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Brexit should be decided by coin flip
    That would be too democratic.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't think Cameron, Boris or Nigel really took their jobs serious to begin with. I imagine Cameron is loving no longer been PM
    He was in bad condition on that friday morning 24th june and only solution was to throw the towel and leave the stage. what else ? defend the votum as a remainer ? the leavers would anyway accuse him of dragging the article 50 invocation for to long; even May is not in a hurry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    A 52:48 split isn't really a unified vote is it? "The people" is a bit disingenuous. "The people in rural England" would be more honest.
    What do you consider Rural England? Yorkshire was 42% remain

Deleted
    Just compare cities vs rural....Ohh sorry, forgot the cherry-picking is a national treasure and habit...

That sounds more like wishful thinking
    Realistic thinking; a large portion of the people that voted leave are not normally voters. They came out for this one thing, and will vanish again come the next election. Which puts the Tory party in an unenviable position; do they go ahead with Brexit, knowing that it will lose them votes from the remain camp (that will be voting next time) as well as any undecideds that don't like the state of the economy post-Brexit? Or do they ignore the referendum and don't go ahead with Brexit, knowing that those one-off leave voters then WILL come out next election to vote for UKIP (or whoever jumps into their vacuum).

Either way they stand to irritate one large group of people, each of which represents around half of those that normally vote. As I said, unenviable. I imagine they are losing a lot of sleep trying to figure out a way to keep both sides happy somehow.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    Yorkshire most definitely falls under rural.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Yorkshire most definitely falls under rural.
    Anywhere with any sense falls under rural. Only the young hamsters turning the London treadmill to pay for the UK (and I am very glad they do) from their rented hovels live in that shithole. Most people get in, earn the money, and get out as soon as possible. You will too when you grow up.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Anywhere with any sense falls under rural. Only the young hamsters turning the London treadmill to pay for the UK (and I am very glad they do) from their rented hovels live in that shithole. Most people get in, earn the money, and get out as soon as possible. You will too when you grow up.
    My house is paid up, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Realistic thinking; a large portion of the people that voted leave are not normally voters. They came out for this one thing, and will vanish again come the next election. Which puts the Tory party in an unenviable position; do they go ahead with Brexit, knowing that it will lose them votes from the remain camp (that will be voting next time) as well as any undecideds that don't like the state of the economy post-Brexit? Or do they ignore the referendum and don't go ahead with Brexit, knowing that those one-off leave voters then WILL come out next election to vote for UKIP (or whoever jumps into their vacuum).

Either way they stand to irritate one large group of people, each of which represents around half of those that normally vote. As I said, unenviable. I imagine they are losing a lot of sleep trying to figure out a way to keep both sides happy somehow.
    It would be far more harmful for them to go back on Brexit rather than to follow it through.

Nearly 60% of those who voted the tories at the last GE voted leave, as did a significant portion of Tory MP's. Add to that the whole reason Cameron agreed to a referendum was due to pressure from Tory eurosceptics and the fact that they only have a slim majority, if she went back on the vote it would probably mean the end of her leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Yep.

Shows over folks. The UK ain't leaving. I'm glad this episode in 'What Stupid thing will happen in the West Next" has worked its way to the inevitable, if pointless conclusion.

Thank you Scotland for saving the UK from David Cameron's inept hands twice in two years.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Hmmmmm, well, it may yet be a boon for the Welsh Language since the EU has been good to Wales. Though not all the Welsh agree unfortunately, though Gwynedd, heartland of the living welsh language did vote remain, so I can breathe a sigh of relief for a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yep.

Shows over folks. The UK ain't leaving. I'm glad this episode in 'What Stupid thing will happen in the West Next" has worked its way to the inevitable, if pointless conclusion.

Thank you Scotland for saving the UK from David Cameron's inept hands twice in two years.
    As much as I'd like this to be true Skroe I think you might be a tad preemptive here. It's a German news outlet saying something not even the BBC has said yet.

This is the closest relevant article and it certainly isn't saying anything like the German one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-36800536
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2016-07-16 at 11:03 PM.

I love how people are trying to cling to that article as if Theresa May has actually said anything new.

The headline is completely false. At no point did she say that Scotland have to be in agreement for the UK to invoke article 50. All she has said is that she wants Scotland to be involved in the negotiations and that she is willing to listen to their ideas.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    As much as I'd like this to be true Skroe I think you might be a tad preemptive here. It's a German news outlet saying something not even the BBC has said yet.
    nvm, Kronik beat me to it with the link

Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post
    A tad being around 500,000 miles according to Airplane 2 iirc.

In other words, so far off course it's beyond even being laughable.

And if you want the BBC version
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-36800536
    Didn't I just link the very same article?

Didn't I just link the very same article?
    Yeah, while I was posting it

Edited my post since

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yep.

Let's stay cautious and call it a possible backdoor out of this mad circus. It's not done, yet.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post
    Yeah, while I was posting it

Edited my post since
    Fair play man, I tend to do a few edits within the first few minutes of replying so my bad.

Fair play man, I tend to do a few edits within the first few minutes of replying so my bad.
    We all do. It's a disease and nobody here is immune against it. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Let's stay cautious and call it a possible backdoor out of this mad circus. It's not done, yet.
    hmmm, what happens if Scotland is on dissent with May ? If Scotland has a voice, Brexit is over before the start.