Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it safe to have items in your mailbox between patches? Salvage Crate 7.0 Question

A lot of people have bag space issue so are waiting to 7.0 to hit before opening their salvage crates, but the follower items value is getting so nerfed I wanna try to avoid that and open my crates before the 19th; is it safe to send items to an alt during pre-exp patch and opening the mail after the patch goes live?

I was doing this, I had 4000 crates, I'm down to 2000 and I don't think its worth the extra 2k that said I'm curious about this as well, I don't think it should create a problem though.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

You will not lose the mail but if you open the crates after the patch the follower items will have a reduced vendor price.
    Last edited by Pann; 2016-07-16 at 10:50 PM.

Never heard of mail going missing before, no reason why it should.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Never heard of mail going missing before, no reason why it should.
    It sure did happen, everyone lost everything they had in the mail system, a lot of people never got some of their items back.

I'm pretty sure opening crates isn't as good as opening them now. Gold nerfs + less item drops IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It sure did happen, everyone lost everything they had in the mail system, a lot of people never got some of their items back.
    Hm? You lose mail items? Where is the warning on that in patch notes and such?

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe View Post
    If I remember there was talk of mailed items going missing near the beginning of WoD, in particular heirlooms, but I don't know if it was ever proved to be an actual issue with the mail system.

wait we are all waiting to open crates, why should anyone open them now? I'm confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    A lot of people have bag space issue so are waiting to 7.0 to hit before opening their salvage crates, but the follower items value is getting so nerfed I wanna try to avoid that and open my crates before the 19th; is it safe to send items to an alt during pre-exp patch and opening the mail after the patch goes live?
    I've never heard of mails going missing after a patch, and i'm doing the exact thing as you

There is no reason for blizzard to "CLEAR Mailbox" on patch? and how would they do that exactly?.. and why?.. Say you sold a Spectral on AH for 999k and that happened on patch night, those 999k should be gone the next day? doubtful

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrinder View Post
    wait we are all waiting to open crates, why should anyone open them now? I'm confused.
    The Value of Follower Ilvl upgrade items, is GREATLY reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    The Value of Follower Ilvl upgrade items, is GREATLY reduced.
    But arent they already very cheap? Whats the amount specifically

1c /10char
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Green: 3g 2s 75c > 5c
    Blue: 3g 83s 75c > 5c
    Purple: 5g 58s 75c > 5c

That is alot of lost gold if you have 10k+ Creates

We are saving crates for transmog stuff, and not the gold you get from selling follower stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    We are saving crates for transmog stuff, and not the gold you get from selling follower stuff.
    Fully aware of that, but why waste it, when you can avoid it..

Yea Im not worried about the gold lost at all. Ill wait.

I'd rather use the time to open the crates now, when there's nothing else to do, than wait till prepatch drops and there'll be things to do.

Especially considering just 4000 lootboxes is over 2 hours in just opening time, then comes sending around to different chars and equipping and so forth.. So yea, I'm opening them now aswell and putting them in my mailbox for safe keeping

15+ Year Old Account
    could I get some clarification on this supposed payout nerf everyone keeps talking about? maybe a source?

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    could I get some clarification on this supposed payout nerf everyone keeps talking about? maybe a source?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    Green: 3g 2s 75c > 5c
    Blue: 3g 83s 75c > 5c
    Purple: 5g 58s 75c > 5c

That is alot of lost gold if you have 10k+ Creates
    For example, WoD: http://www.wowhead.com/item=114131/p...on-enhancement

and Legion: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=11413...on-enhancement

I opened 200 boxes on a char and it was around 500 gold on upgrades; not a LOT lot, but still adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    If I remember there was talk of mailed items going missing near the beginning of WoD, in particular heirlooms, but I don't know if it was ever proved to be an actual issue with the mail system.
    Mostly asking because of this; I mean, pre-exp patch shift a long if stuff around, so my question was if mail system issues had been observed in previous pre-launch events; cause it woudl really be a big space safer to leave a bunch of items floating between characters while the patch hits.
    Last edited by MyWholeLifeIsThunder; 2016-07-17 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by overneathe View Post
    If I remember correctly it happened at the last patch for B.C.