Page 87 of 104 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Its not like Turkey is mutch loved by EU anyways these days.
    Nobody cares if frictions are there between Turkey, Greece is part of the EU if they say they stay then Turkey can F. themselfs.
    yeah, this is i think the definitive end for EU expansion into Turkey.
    It was looking bad after the puppet voted to leave, but at this point with the Coup, with Erdogan's response, and with the islamist clusterfuck he is inviting in, it's as dead as it can be.
    - Hopefully this doesn't spiral, because if so, it might break NATO (The EU not being cool with Erdogans theocratic Turkey) coupled with the fact that since the Puppet is out of the EU (soon) , the EU might by sheer inertia move away from Nato, especially if Turkey is there scaring them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    This is one of the greatest victories for democracy
    No.
    Erdogan is breaking the constitution more than Obama.
    (the latter being a joke, because someone wont get it)
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2016-07-17 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    It was looking bad after the puppet voted to leave, but at this point with the Coup, with Erdogan's response, and with the islamist clusterfuck he is inviting in, it's as dead as it can be.
    Maybe he can try another blackmail: give EU membership or I will do another fake coup!

Military coup that overthrows a democratically elected government is a dark day for democracy. I'm glad that this didn't happen to Turkey and even worse, cause a possible civil war.
    The government was democratically elected...it itself is not very democratic. So I am against this coup but also against the current government, as both are undemocratic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    There is international law for that.
    Well it depends if Greece and Turkey have any kind of extradition treaty, and the scope of said treaty. Greece could also demand certain terms for them to release said soldiers. Like a guarantee they will not be executed, if Greece were to have an interest against capital punishment.

This would also protect Greece from any kind of wrongful death lawsuit. The government would hold liability if they knowingly send the the soldiers to be executed.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

No.
    Erdogan is breaking the constitution more than Obama.
    (the latter being a joke, because someone wont get it)

I never said he was the greatest hero of democracy either. I just said he is much better than the alternative.

I never said he was the greatest hero of democracy either. I just said he is much better than the alternative.
    The alternative would be real democracy as Turkey has had before him. Unless you believe the majority of turks are some islamist nutjobs... well do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The alternative would be real democracy as Turkey has had before him. Unless you believe the majority of turks are some islamist nutjobs... well do you?
    So because the country's citizens has different worldviews to you, you don't support democracy? That's quite hypocritical. He won by a huge majority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Well it depends if Greece and Turkey have any kind of extradition treaty, and the scope of said treaty. Greece could also demand certain terms for them to release said soldiers. Like a guarantee they will not be executed, if Greece were to have an interest against capital punishment.

This would also protect Greece from any kind of wrongful death lawsuit. The government would hold liability if they knowingly send the the soldiers to be executed.
    unless I'm misremembering, the EHCR forbids its signatories from sending anyone to their execution.

- - - Updated - - -

So because the country's citizens has different worldviews to you, you don't support democracy?
    You cant have a democracy, that simultaneously is islamist.

The protection from expulsion to face treatment contrary to Article 3
    – An absolute right
    The Court has repeatedly stressed in cases involving extradition,
    expulsion or deportation of individuals to third countries that Article 3
    prohibits in absolute terms expulsion to face a real risk of torture or
    inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment and that its guarantees
    apply irrespective of the authors of the risk, the context of the risk, or the
    conduct of the applicant.
    Article 3: Right to life
    Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.
    This is what I found regarding asylum seekers. Can someone natural at English language, explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    This is what I found regarding asylum seekers. Can someone natural at English language, explain?
    Taken at face value it means no one can be extradited to face any criminal proceedings with anything but a monetary punishment as liberty is included in it. That's if your quote is accurate. Which means the whole thing is subject to interpretation as it's clear that countries extradite people to face prosecution with jail time as a punishment.

Turkey International Extradition Treaty with the United States
    June 7, 1979, Date
    -
    Signed
    January 1, 1981, Date
    -
    In
    -
    Force
    Treaty
    signed at Ankara on June 7, 1979. It was T
    ransmitted by the
    President of the United States of America
    to the Senate
    on August 2,
    1979. R
    eported favorably by the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
    on
    November 20, 1979
    Advice and consent to ratification
    was given
    by
    the Senate
    on
    November 28, 1979
    . It was
    Ratified by the President
    on
    December 13, 1979
    . It was R
    atified by Turkey
    on November 21, 1980.
    Ratifications
    were
    exchanged at Washington
    on
    December 2, 1980
    . It
    was
    Proclaimed by the President
    on December 31, 1980. It E
    ntered into
    force
    on
    January 1, 1981.
    TREATY ON EXTRADITION AND MUTUAL ASSI
    STANCE IN
    CRIMINAL MATTERS BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES OF
    AMERICA AND THE REPUBLIC OF TURKEY
    AMERIKA BIRLESIK DEVLETLERI ILE TURKIYE CUMHURIYETI
    ARASINDA SUCLULARIN GERI VERILMESI CEZA ISLERINDE
    KARS
    ILIKLI YARDIM ANLASMASI
    BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED
    STATES OF AMERICA
    A PROCLAMATION
    CONSIDERING THAT:
    The Treaty on Extradition and Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters
    between the United States of America and the Republic of Turkey, with
    Appendix, was signed at Ankara on June 7, 1979, the text of wh
    ich, in the
    English and Turkish languages, is heret
    o annexed;
    The Senate of
    the United States of America by its resolution of November
    28, 1979, two
    -
    thirds of the Senators present concurring therein, gave its
    advice and consent to ratification of the Tre
    aty, with Appendix;
    The Treaty was ratified by the President of the United States of America
    on December 13, 1979, in pursuance of the advice and consent of the
    Senate, and was duly ratified on the part of the Republic of Turkey;
    It is provided in Arti
    cle 44 of the Treaty that the Treaty shall enter into

==========

http://www.mcnabbassociates.com/Turk...d%20States.pdf

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    OT: Something is seriously wrong with this coup. Firing 3000 judges the very next day, this must have been planned well in advance.
    How do you even make a list of 2000+ "enemy of the state" judges in under 24 hours? This is what stinks the most. Unless there is some inhuman efficiency involved, the only possible explanation can be the whole list was made well in advance. No wonder so many support the staged/fake coup theory.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Yeah. When I read the number, I was like "How does he even come up with that amount of "suspicious" judges/prosecutors that shortly after the coup"? It definitely seems odd.
    Dude was prepared.

Edrogan: You, bring me "The List Of People Who Displeased Me"
    Aide: Here you go sir.
    Edrogan: Hmm, how far to go. People who've pissed me off are right out. People who I hate too. People who have angered or upset me, both groups must go. Those who vexed me will join them.
    Edrogan goes down the list, throws up his hands in exasperation: Bah, take everyone on the list above the section "People who have slightly irritated me" and have them taken care of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

After learning all the new information, I have no doubt the coup was staged.
    How convenient that Erdogan pulls a list out of his ass and arrests thousands of people, including military officials who were against the coup, not even a day after the event. Stalin would be proud! Is he going to have Gulen ice picked to death if the US doesn't hand him over?
    Let's not forget these are the same people who were caught talking of a false flag to invade Syria a few years ago. Why would anyone believe Erdogan about this?

My mom experienced the 1980 coup and she was saying this was BS the moment Erdogan was on his phone telling people to go fight for him.
    If it were a real coup that rat would have been in cuffs or had a bullet between his eyes before the rest of the country even knew what was happening.

Also, I'm disappointed the Turkish people haven't done anything to those Islamist cocksuckers who slit soldier's throats and chant allah akhbar. That is not what Turkey is. They look more like Arabs than Turks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Dude was prepared.

Edrogan: You, bring me "The List Of People Who Displeased Me"
    Aide: Here you go sir.
    Edrogan: Hmm, how far to go. People who've pissed me off are right out. People who I hate too. People who have angered or upset me, both groups must go. Those who vexed me will join them.
    Edrogan goes down the list, throws up his hands in exasperation: Bah, take everyone on the list above the section "People who have slightly irritated me" and have them taken care of.
    You forgot, asking his palls if they have any 'suspicions' worth firing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Taken at face value it means no one can be extradited to face any criminal proceedings with anything but a monetary punishment as liberty is included in it. That's if your quote is accurate. Which means the whole thing is subject to interpretation as it's clear that countries extradite people to face prosecution with jail time as a punishment.
    That's not the relevant part,
    expulsion to face a real risk of torture or
    inhumane
    or degrading treatment or punishment
    The court has held that the death penalty is inhumane I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    How do you even make a list of 2000+ "enemy of the state" judges in under 24 hours? This is what stinks the most. Unless there is some inhuman efficiency involved, the only possible explanation can be the whole list was made well in advance. No wonder so many support the staged/fake coup theory.
    It was an ever expanding list.
    Anyone he doesn't like, anyone who said anything negative to him, anyone who is an atheist, or not Muslim, anybody his palls don't like, anyone related to those people, anyone who went to law-school with anyone already on the list.
    it was HUATC

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Quite simple: You take the list of all judges and fire everyone who is not also on the "judges who will never question me" list
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

A simple question since I didn't follow the news during that night: did any western leaders condemn the coup before it was clear it failed?

unless I'm misremembering, the EHCR forbids its signatories from sending anyone to their execution.
    Also, it covers giving asylum to people who are pursued for political or military reasons. However, it doesn't covers if you are a criminal. We will give them back for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Our Media say that the Turkish minister of employment accused USA[1,2,3] that are behind the coup. Have you guys read anything similar to your country's media?

Military coup that overthrows a democratically elected government is a dark day for democracy. I'm glad that this didn't happen to Turkey and even worse, cause a possible civil war.
    This is not how Turkey works. If this had been a proper military coup, it would've improved democracy in Turkey. Erdogan has no interest in democracy. His main interest is preservation and increase of personal political power. Those 2k arrests? That's him ramping up the Stalinesque variant of a power grab.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    If this had been a proper military coup, it would've improved democracy in Turkey.
    Jesus dude... you are material for PhD thesis..