Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Warcraft_III_hero_units

Not so many left on the list that isn't already part of another spec.

But you'd have to guess what the xpac will be 2 xpac from now to have a clue.. the classes added are always liked to the xpac. Necromancer would work if we went back to Northrend, and if it's the South Seas who knows.. the Outlaw rogue is pretty much the pirate already.

But I still believe they should add new specs to existing classes, it would make more sense than a new one and they wouldn't have to remove an existing spec like they did with demonology warlocks to create a new one.
    That's assuming that the list there is an exhaustive list of classes that can be added to the game. It's not, and hell, Monk as a class isn't even on that list.

Deleted
    An other range class that do psy dmg attacks, like throwing polearms/throwns something like this.

honestly at this point the question is: "will blizzard ever implement a pure ranged class?" cuz till now 3 new classes out of 3 are melee
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    honestly at this point the question is: "will blizzard ever implement a pure ranged class?" cuz till now 3 new classes out of 3 are melee
    i think maybe people just dont like ranged classes. they even turned one hunter spec melee.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but I'd be fine if they didn't add any new classes after this. People always seem to want more/new things but sometimes forget that with each new class also comes tons of balancing issues, not to mention that there are already some classes/specs that are extremely broken as it is. I'd rather see them work more on balancing/fixing the current classes than adding more classes just for the sake of doing so.

For the sake of the topic at hand, Tinker and Necromancer seem to be the two most popular/logical choices, although there is definitely some overlap with currently existing classes. Tinkers would basically be the Engineering profession but expanded upon in great detail, whereas the Necromancer would share a lot of themes with both DKs and Warlocks; I just don't think either of these classes are unique enough to stand on their own. Aside from those two I could see a Dark Ranger class and some type of Spellbreaker/Battle Mage as well.

Of the lot my favorite has to be Necromancer although I don't see it happening, If they add it however, I imagine Unholy getting the Demo Warlock treatment going into Legion i.e removing some of the core stuff like pets and making Unholy simply a dot class with minor damage from pets.

Blood would have bone spells removed since Necromancer would probably get that too.

Bonemancer and petmancer 2 specs. One tank one damage. Maybe a healing spec they can think up.

Imo the Tinkerer is a boring concept and would be as popular as Monks are now which is not much.

Deleted
    How about new specs? Holy mage, fire druid, fel death knight, kamehameha monk, shout warrior, shadow paladin, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    my votes are Tinkers and Spellbreakers/Warden.

They can combine Spellbreakers and Wardens into one class. seeing that both of these classes are plate-wearing warriors trained in the ways of either arcane or some kind of anti-sorceror or anti-demon magic.

Alliance Wardens/Spellbreakers can be trained by Night Elves and High Elves, and Horde variants can be trained by Blood Elves. It can be divided into specs, with traditional Spellbreakers becoming the tank spec and Wardens becoming the DPS spec, they can also introduce a PVP spec that combines a bit of both.

I'm more in favor of Tinkers though. seeing that Blizzard took a bold move in Legion and limited Demon Hunters to only NEs and BEs they can do the same and limit Tinkers to only a select few races such as Gnomes, Dwarves, Humans, Goblins, Forsaken and Blood Elves. (Or just Gnomes and Goblins, but they are not really as popular as NEs and BEs)

Tinkers are a very flexible class that can be made to have any specs tbh, be it tanking (steam-warriors) or ranged dps (turrets, guns, etc) or melee dps (steam warriors again) or heck even support (alchemists, crossbows, darts and grenades)

For example, the royal apothecary can be introduced as chemists that utilize poisons and healing chemical agents to support their allies in battle (so they can be a branch within the tinker society) Gnomes, Dwarves and Goblins already have well-established tinker communities in the lore. Goblins are also well-trained in chemistry. Blood Elves have golem constructs and are shown as tech-savy due to their knowledge in operating arcane-powered machinery.

Dragonkin can also be introduced as a class (technically they're a race) seeing that Dragons can take humanoid forms and these forms can be of any race. So by choosing your class race you're actually choosing the mortal race that you want your humanoid form to look like. the lore explanation can be that as dragons have given up their immortality a large number of them have gradually started to lose their power, and in order to survive they've decided to join the mortals and integrate themselves into their ranks, they will slowly start to lose a large portion of their dragon power, including the ability to stay permanently in their dragon forms, but they are nonetheless able to call upon their hidden powers when their lives are in danger. hence they have formed the Dragon Knights, an order similar to Paladins but instead of taking their powers from the light, they call upon their dragon powers to assist them in combat. this would explain why Dragon Knights are mostly in their mortal form. their dragon form can act as flying mount and travel form, while they can also turn into a humanoid/drakonid form to tank (it can also be a powerful global CC)
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2016-07-17 at 03:59 PM.

Alchemist

/10char

Deleted
    Although I would like a Necromancer class, with the lich king dead I can't see that happening unless there is a new undead focus in another expansion as that seems to be the theme with new class introductions.

If anything, necromancer should be a mage spec.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wanted a melee class that did all kinda of fire damage. (I know Vengeance does a lot of fire damage but it's a DH and a tank.) I mean like a DPS that perhaps dual wields...use fire damage spells and perhaps a ability or enchant kinda like razorice...spell effect like the sword is set ablaze, does fire damage. But I suppose in the end it would be just like a fire version of a Frost DK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    If anything, necromancer should be a mage spec.
    A Mage Spec...if anything it would make more sense as a Warlock spec...if for no other reason than a Mage is a anti-dark class.

Quote Originally Posted by demonicpanda View Post
    That's assuming that the list there is an exhaustive list of classes that can be added to the game. It's not, and hell, Monk as a class isn't even on that list.
    Brewmaster is..

10+ Year Old Account
    They could easily pull something up new. What about timewalkers? Remember that was theorized to be a new class for WoD?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    Barbarian
    I don't think we'll ever have barbarians, gladiators, blademasters or whatever because Blizzard is so stupidly indecisive on warrior themes that they've shoehorned all non-magic fighters into this bland amalgamation of archetypes we know as warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I always wanted a melee class that did all kinda of fire damage. (I know Vengeance does a lot of fire damage but it's a DH and a tank.) I mean like a DPS that perhaps dual wields...use fire damage spells and perhaps a ability or enchant kinda like razorice...spell effect like the sword is set ablaze, does fire damage. But I suppose in the end it would be just like a fire version of a Frost DK.
    Enhancement Shaman.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

I see many classes that are just a title or a sub class of exiting classes.

Warden is basically a rogue with Blink.

The most likelly of being added are Necromancer and tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    I don't think we'll ever have barbarians, gladiators, blademasters or whatever because Blizzard is so stupidly indecisive on warrior themes that they've shoehorned all non-magic fighters into this bland amalgamation of archetypes we know as warriors.

- - - Updated - - -

Enhancement Shaman.
    Except they don't deal fire damage exclusively, more nature than fire based (though a little bit more fire based abilities in Legion) and they don't use swords.

I'm talking purely fire as their only spell based damage...kinda like the opposite of a Frost DK.

Was something I wanted for a while but as the game evolved it is something we don't need since every new class that has been added to the game thus far has all been melee..

A new caster class would help a lot since the 3 they added are all melee. Now what would that be, I sadly have no idea. I really don't see what class they could bring that would be original since every class covers pretty much everything already. Necromancer would basically be a distance Unholy DK, as for Bard, would be too close to Hunter. Something wearing Mail would be nice though.

Shadow Hunter would actually be pretty nice. Playing similar to the Ritualist of D3.
    Last edited by Jngizu; 2016-07-17 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellbreaker sorta thing.

Uses shield + 1h sword/mace/dagger for all 3 specs, does dps like gladiator did but also has magic.

healer/dps/tank.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting for a polearm fighter, SV hunter doesn't count, it's a lazy mail armor arms warrior with some windwalker stuff on the side
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it