7+ Year Old Account

help getting started on RaF

I want to get the exp bonus and mount rewards for my main account, how can i do this? I intend to use the WoW tokens as game time, and i believe people usually dual box their raf accounts? Whats the best way to do this?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/recrui...iting-yourself

according to this, i can raf on the same battle.net account right? i heard you need a seperate battle.net account for it to work...

You don't need separate battle.net account, only WoW accounts matter.
    Separate battle.net account is actually a bad idea, you will not get mounts and heirlooms from your main account.

- - - Updated - - -

First, you need a program to duplicate keys, I used HotkeyNet. Default scripts have some problem with flying (secondary character can't take off), you will need to google solution.

Helpful addons:
    Jamba (mostly to track quest and follow status, but it also has a lot of other options).
    AutoTurnIn (so you don't need to switch to second character when accepting/turning in quests).
    If you are leveling a lot of characters - WowPro, helps with questing.

Keybind "interact with target" on secondary character. Turn on "click to move" on secondary character.

Macros:
    All spells on second character will look like this: "/assist MainCharacter /cast spell".
    "/follow" - bind it to accessible key, you will need it a lot, especially on melee characters.
    "/assist MainCharacter" - needed to interact with npcs.

To interact with npcs (or to loot your current target), press "/assist" macro followed by "interact with target" keybind. Secondary character will run to your target and do the appropriate action.

It is much easier to multibox if both characters are same class. Many people do not understand the difference between botting and multiboxing, you will be kicked out of dungeon groups sometimes. Don't waste your time arguing, just accept it.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2016-07-15 at 02:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the tips!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    First, you need a program to duplicate keys, I used HotkeyNet.
    Do you know any similar apps for OSX?

Step 1) Log into one of your characters and initiate a recruit a friend from the social pane. Use the SAME email as your existing account.

Step 2) Check mail and get this email. Click on the link and it will create a NEW starter WoW account on your existing Battle.net account.

Step 3) In Battle.net you will see the new Trial Account with a green up arrow "Upgrade Available" It comes with a free month BUT DOES NOT counts as one of the 2 months they must buy for you to get the mount. Once upgraded, you can now run two instances of WoW and trade the new account two tokens. The tokens count as time bought, so use it and you're golden. However... it will not "see" the tokens as a second month for 30 days when it actually "uses" them. Then one week from then you will get your mount.

You will get your one month of free game time about a week after you upgrade the trial account.

The benefit to doing this is everything that is battle.net (Heirlooms, mounts, etc) are immediately available to the new account. Having both toons equally heirloomed out is important.

For multibox software... Yes you can use all the various programs mentioned above.. but I chose isBoxer... it's like $15 for 3 months.. and that's all you need to use up all the refer a friend time. It is SUPER easy to setup and use.. as opposed to scripting and macros and crap the other way.

When I did it I used a high level arcane mage and put the alts on follow... walked through dungeons and arcane explosion everything dead in one hit... With refer a friend and the 300% elixirs... I got 10-90 in a few hours. (Like 3) The dungeons used to grant huge bonuses for clearing the bosses and the alts didn't even have to be anywhere but the very beginning of the instance. I heard this was nerfed hard.. but not sure how much.

I did this for 21 total level 100s to soak the gold out of garrison missions (4 million gold now)

I will do it again to level my Gnome hunter.. just because. And dual/multi boxing is actually kind of fun. THis guy has a TON of info on multiboxing especially with isBoxer. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ5...t38CJeN035Wtrg
    Last edited by Maudib; 2016-07-15 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It comes with a free month and it counts as one of the 2 months they must buy for you to get the mount.
    It does not count, you need to actually buy 2 months of gametime to get mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    It does not count, you need to actually buy 2 months of gametime to get mount.
    I stand corrected. It will take 2 tokens to get your free month of time and RAF mount... however with the free month that comes with the Battlechest.. you will have enough gametime to use up the 3 months that RAF is active.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2016-07-15 at 03:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I stand corrected. It will take 2 tokens to get your free month of time and RAF mount... however with the free month that comes with the Battlechest.. you will have enough gametime to use up the 3 months that RAF is active.
    I used one token for gametime. So does this mean i need to use another to be eligible for mount ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I used one token for gametime. So does this mean i need to use another to be eligible for mount ?
    Yes... with one you only get a free month of time added to your referring account. The second will grant the mount.

But you don;t have to do them right away... You can just add the token time as each month runs out, but will take a little onger to get teh mount that way.

Again... if you have the battlechest with one free month... and use two tokens right away.. it will STILL not give you your mount for about 5 weeks... because even though you used the tokens.. it doesn't "acknowledge" them until three free month runs out.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2016-07-15 at 03:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That sucks oh well

Also, my memory usage is at 80% while both games are open and im getting 38 or so fps. Do i need more ram to sustain this?

Deleted
    That sucks oh well

Also, my memory usage is at 80% while both games are open and im getting 38 or so fps. Do i need more ram to sustain this?
    No. You need to reduce graphics settings. For main account change it a bit lower. For alt account set it to lowest possible. Also on alt account in advanced settings change maximum fps to 10-15. You don't need to see what's going on there anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    No. You need to reduce graphics settings. For main account change it a bit lower. For alt account set it to lowest possible. Also on alt account in advanced settings change maximum fps to 10-15. You don't need to see what's going on there anyway.
    Oh that helped alot, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

One more question i need to ask

When i close both games and re-open i find that the settings i did for alt accounts client will cross over to my main accounts client (lowered volume and settings and fps)

How can i prevent this?

Deleted
    One more question i need to ask

When i close both games and re-open i find that the settings i did for alt accounts client will cross over to my main accounts client (lowered volume and settings and fps)

How can i prevent this?
    Use different config file. In directory WTF copy Config.wtf to something like Alt.wtf, then run WoW from command line like this:
    Code:
    WoW64.exe -config Alt.wtf

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Use different config file. In directory WTF copy Config.wtf to something like Alt.wtf, then run WoW from command line like this:
    Code:
    WoW64.exe -config Alt.wtf
    So does that mean i cant use the bnet launcher for the game?

Deleted
    So does that mean i cant use the bnet launcher for the game?
    You can use it for main account. For secondary account you should launch it from command line. Make a .bat file to easily launch it with double click.