15+ Year Old Account
    Boy there sure are A LOT of people getting butthurt that others are having fun with Pokemon Go. Seeing meme posts such as "real men don't play Pokemon Go" to which my response is "Real men work to support themselves and the ones they love and do whatever they want for fun. Insecure cucks get butthurt at real men."

Anyway, managed to catch enough Dratinis to get a dragonite and have it trained up to 2170 CP.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have never met or spoken to so many strangers out on the street in my entire life as I have since this game was released.

Spent an hour at the park this afternoon and as I walked up there were 5 young guys sitting in a little grassy area where two Pokestops overlapped. I stopped there too, of course. Lures went up and it was like people from all over the neighborhood started showing up. There was about 12-14 people sitting around the grassy area, chatting, catching the 'Mons, comparing 'Dexes, etc.

Went to the movies afterward, outside 5-6 people fighting over the gym located at the theater. Shouting and laughing at each other playfully. I won the gym, btw. Level 18 pokemaster, motherfuckers.

In the lobby of the theater, almost everyone playing Go. We get out and walk around a bit- hundreds of people playing Go.

Stopped at a little water fountain, took off my shoes so my husband could rub my feet. The fountain was a Pokestop, a lure went up and there was about 8 people there in minutes. Young adults, older adults, couples, kids. A street performer came up and playing his guitar while everyone was throwing Pokeballs.

Incredible stuff.
    I've had the same experience. There is a Pokestop and Gym by the community center where I live and I've walked there almost every morning. Well on Thursday I went there and put up a Lure and within 5 minutes I was talking to 7 neighbors I never knew I had. After the Lure went down we went and fought over the Gym for a bit. It was so much fun!

I've also gone to the beach at night a few times, and I've never seen it so packed. It's nearly impossible to find a parking spot. There are 6 Pokestops and 3 or 4 Gyms all within about a 1/2 mile radius. Every one of them has a Lure up from when I got there at 7pm to when I left at 2am. One of the Gyms is at the end of the pier which is awesome, but you have to pay $1 to get on the pier so they are making bank. Anyways, the beach parking/pier is supposed to close at 12am but the pier has been staying open for hours after and instead of police officers giving tickets to cars staying after 12am they are getting out of their cruisers and playing with us. One of the officers was hanging out by the lures for a while and then said "Sorry guys, I have to go hatch some eggs" and the proceeded to patrol the beach in his car going 10mph.

My work has been putting up Lures on all the stops in my building (good advertising) and one of them is a magikarp spawn so it get's supper crowded and I've met some people who I never would have met otherwise even though we work in the same building. Also 336/400 candy hype! I'm getting so close.

Like you said, I've met more people in the last few days then I have in my entire life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Boy there sure are A LOT of people getting butthurt that others are having fun with Pokemon Go. Seeing meme posts such as "real men don't play Pokemon Go" to which my response is "Real men work to support themselves and the ones they love and do whatever they want for fun. Insecure cucks get butthurt at real men."

Anyway, managed to catch enough Dratinis to get a dragonite and have it trained up to 2170 CP.
    My friend sent me a funny picture saying that all the people complaining about Pokemon GO are about to start drafting their fantasy football teams. Some people are idiots and most of them are hypocrites, I just ignore them. Pokemon GO has done more to get people outside and moving than anything in a long time. It is nothing but positive. No asshole on Facebook will change that.

What level are you? I've had so much trouble finding Dratinis and I've never seen a Pokemon above 2000 so that is awesome. I'm leve 21 and my highest is a 1591 Snorlax
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2016-07-17 at 03:52 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, no Pokebanks between work and home. Do things like incense and pokeballs regenerate any other way? I noticed I get more balls when I level, but that's it.

On my way home, ended up with enough Rattatas and Pidgeys to evolve both. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing... Only thing I got other than those and a couple Oddish was two Eevee's. Not sure how this is gonna work in a small town. There is a gym near my house in a church. Looked to be an Exeggutor.

Also, how do you get eggs outside of paying for them?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-07-17 at 03:57 AM.

That Bellator MMA vid of Michael Page knocking out that guy then throwing a Pokeball at him is simply amazing

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/16...ee-at-bellator

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Unfortunately, no Pokebanks between work and home. Do things like incense and pokeballs regenerate any other way? I noticed I get more balls when I level, but that's it.

On my way home, ended up with enough Rattatas and Pidgeys to evolve both. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing... Only thing I got other than those and a couple Oddish was two Eevee's. Not sure how this is gonna work in a small town. There is a gym near my house in a church. Looked to be an Exeggutor.

Incense is purchased in the store, or you get them at certain levels http://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-go/Level_Rewards_and_Unlockable_Items Same thing with Lucky Eggs. However, the 2/5/10 km hatchable eggs are random rewards at Pokestops. The Blue Circles on the map. You also get Potions, Revives, and Pokeballs this way too. Best way to hatch eggs at home if you have a bunch is a ceiling fan or a record player. Put your phone on the disc, or tie your phone to the blade of the ceiling fan. A bike upside down can also work, by putting your phone in the spokes, and spinning it, but it requires effort.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-07-17 at 04:23 AM.

If you cant get more pokeballs cause your area sucks, you can always gps hack at home and farm some up in a more populated area until/if they ever fix rural areas being SOL for a lot of stuff.

People in cities, for example, have so many pokestops that they can be overrun with pokeballs at times :/
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2016-07-17 at 04:23 AM.

I got 8 pokestops all bunched together plus a gym 3 minutes walking distance from my house. The pokemon catching itself though is going pretty slow on foot and I get way more pokeballs than I can use. It seems like a pretty slow process if you don't buy lures and incense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    If you cant get more pokeballs cause your area sucks, you can always gps hack at home and farm some up in a more populated area until/if they ever fix rural areas being SOL for a lot of stuff.

People in cities, for example, have so many pokestops that they can be overrun with pokeballs at times :/
    This is basically what I did, GPS spoofing on my PC to farm up pokeballs. No way am I paying money for pokeballs just because I happen to live in the burbs.

Besides, plain pokeballs suck. If you actually want a chance at catching any of the good pokemon you need great and ultra balls, which only come from stops once you unlock them.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-07-17 at 06:23 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I'm over it, simply lacks enough depth to hold my attention. Doesn't come as a surprise.

It is nuts tho, on my moto ride I went via the beach and it was unbelievable packed. Only time I've ever seen it that busy is new years eve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    My friend sent me a funny picture saying that all the people complaining about Pokemon GO are about to start drafting their fantasy football teams. Some people are idiots and most of them are hypocrites, I just ignore them. Pokemon GO has done more to get people outside and moving than anything in a long time. It is nothing but positive. No asshole on Facebook will change that.

What level are you? I've had so much trouble finding Dratinis and I've never seen a Pokemon above 2000 so that is awesome. I'm leve 21 and my highest is a 1591 Snorlax
    Level 22. Pokemon have pretty defined CP caps, as well as the average power you're likely to find them at. I went out and farmed up enough dratinis and evolved the strongest one into a dragonite, then trained it a few times and it capped out at 2170. Dragonite being THE STRONGEST pokemon in terms of CP cap. Snorlax is up there behind Dragonite but you have to actually find them to get candy. :/ I have a snorlax at 1350 CP but only because I got it out of an egg with a bunch of candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This game needs to let you filter your pokemans by type and mass transfer them.
    I saw someone suggest that on Reddit. Would be pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got me a 169 Dratini, a 204 Gloom, a 200 Eevee and a 199 Exeggcute at the park tonight. Saw a Vulpix on the way home so I turned around to pull over and catch it but it was gone :

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This is basically what I did, GPS spoofing on my PC to farm up pokeballs. No way am I paying money for pokeballs just because I happen to live in the burbs.

Besides, plain pokeballs suck. If you actually want a chance at catching any of the good pokemon you need great and ultra balls, which only come from stops once you unlock them.
    Like I ran out of pokeballs on day one of downloading it because there are no stops without driving 20 minutes. So silly how cities have like 20 within a mile radius at times but my entire town has 10 total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell them to add more stops and hope for the best.
    Tell who? Also, the gas station near my place makes more sense to be a pokestop than the billion churches in the area, and yet...

10+ Year Old Account
    Niantic. The link has a link to the form.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/her.../1100-6441822/
    So, uh, they give two links, one to request a new pokestop, one to report a dangerous location. Both links take me to report a current pokestop, not a future one.

Well, used it anyway. Hope for the best.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-07-17 at 07:41 AM.

Niantic. The link has a link to the form.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/her.../1100-6441822/
    They aren't taking requests at this time anyways, or at least that was the response I got. Which to be fair to them it makes sense. Until they get the game up and stable everywhere they planned for it to be released as of now I wouldn't think they would prioritize adding more stuff to risk it becoming even more unstable.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2016-07-17 at 08:09 AM.

Deleted
    Omg. 2 times in a row now that i can catch a pokemon, but that the game freezes. First a Pidgey now a Fearow.. Threw the pokeball but nothing happens.

Deleted
    Tell who? Also, the gas station near my place makes more sense to be a pokestop than the billion churches in the area, and yet...
    Cell phones are prohibited at gas stations. Its as dangerous as smoking due to sparks igniting gas. At least in the countries I've traveled to in Europe and around it.

Deleted
    The danger of cellphones at gas stations is virtually nonexistent and what negligible risk there is has nothing to do with the phone specifically.
    Yo, Bro - you seem smart. Now try applying logic on EU laws. My family has several gas stations, and as much I'd like to make PokeStops, this would be really dangerous for your reputation.

Deleted
    The fuck now people...

This is...I don't understand.

Man, if this isn't just a fad, and I don't mean the game itself, but the technology, then this might be "the next WoW", assuming something perfect comes along as far as games go. Something where you perhaps integrate this phone stuff with something you do on a computer or a console.