Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by luigisp View Post
    Illidan as the Avatar of Sargeras (Gul'Dan puts Sargeras' soul inside Illidan's body).
    I agree that this will be a thing, but not that it'll be as the expansion's final fight. That would mean no "real" Illidan up until that point, and I can't see Blizzard doing that when the guy is featured on the front cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I'll pass on Kil'jaeden. I think we'll go to Argus possibly in the next expansion as Velen/Lights Heart quest seems to make out we will be going there soon. It's uncharacteristic for Kil'Jaeden to invade somewhere himself as he's very much the background manipulator, not saying this to mean he is weak but he seems much more the type to sit on a big throne and shout shit at people and make giant demonic shadows to torment people like he's done a lot in Warcraft before to Illidan, Gul'dan and such. It's why I hated the Sunwell raid so much. Seemed out of character. This is the guy that simply pulls the Lich King out of his anus, who then ends up being one of the most threatening villains Azeroth has ever seen.

If we just go through the Tomb of Sargeras and fight Kil'Jaeden on the other side I'll be disappointed if they then proceed to waste or remove the potential of Argus as an expansion.

Maybe we will deal with our universes Archimonde, if we do actually need to kill him in the Twisting Nether. We didn't kill our universe's Archimonde in the Twisting Nether. We've killed fuck all in the Nether tbh.

Azshara and N'Zoth seem strong contenders for a raid tier this expansion, probably not the last boss raid tier though but I wouldn't be salty if they sink the Tomb of Sargeras and start eating it's energies so we have to kill them at the end of the expansion as the last boss or something like that, that could even lead to the next expansion. Depends if Blizzard can stretch Naga out into an expansion, I don't think they can. There's been a lot of Naga model updates and new Naga models/character types which seem to suggest they might be throwing in a raid tier of them this expansion.
    Nooo....that was our archimonde, alex clearly stated that in his BS cannon lore tweet. But still, makes the demons more badass.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I think that it'll go 2/3 ways.

1. Here's what I think seems to be the logical choice, just because of the fact that it makes the legion feel more like a galactic enemy we can't defeat, even at full might. Gul'dan dies, but before he does die, illidans body is now useless to be saved, we were too late. Illidan is now slowly transforming into the new ressed avatar of sargeras, with sargeras himself controlling illidans former body, we find out that in 7.1, the legion has invaded dalaran, we try to save dalaran, but we're too late. The legion has stolen the 4 pillars of creation, and at the end of the the expac, we find out that xe'ra was sargeras in hiding, we defeat the avatar of sargeras, kil'jaeden kills velen right infront of anduins eyes, anduin does a super sayian like transformation, we kill kil'jaeden inside of the nether, we find out about the naga/old gods invading along with a new threat called "The void lords", and we then try to save azeroth from that invasion.

2. Gul'dan dies, we save illidans soul, the legion fails at dalaran, blah blah blah we win, xe'ra was always good, blah blah illidan is best, tyrande still doesn't care and back to ground zero. This is what I consider to be the retarted shitty pointless choice to go with. Why? Because there is no drama, no sense of dread, no sense about the legion being a threat, nothing.

3. it's just a combination of 1/2, some good, some bad, though illidan is still the hero, and xe'ra was a good one. Nope! I don't see it!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    I agree that this will be a thing, but not that it'll be as the expansion's final fight. That would mean no "real" Illidan up until that point, and I can't see Blizzard doing that when the guy is featured on the front cover.
    maybe Illidan somehow will help us fighting his body !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    maybe Illidan somehow will help us fighting his body !!
    Akama fight in BT?

This is how I see it :

7.0 > Nightmare : Xavius is back in the Emerald Dream and continues his reign over the Emerald Nightmare, spreading it and corrupting life. We're fighting corrupted Druids / Wild Gods / Greenflight Dragons > Xavius
    ___ > NightHold : Gul'dan is using the Nightwell to summon something (Sargeras' soul) using Illidan's body and the Eye of Aman'thul. We're fighting Nightwell empowered beasts & elementals / Nightborne leaders / Demons > Gul'dan

[Speculation]
    Note : we know that the Burning Legion's hierarchy is based on Sargeras, assisted by Archimonde for military forces (with Mannoroth as lieutenant) and by Kil'Jaeden for strategy and recruitment (with the dreadlords as intelligence forces). Since his military leadership died in AU Draenor and a new opportunity to invade Azeroth came with it, Sargeras had to take the lead on military actions.

But WHAT is Sargeras in this precise moment? His spirit seems to be back to the Twisting Nether but did he return to his Titan envelope or a new and stronger Avatar?
    I doubt that, because Gul'dan was ordered to summon him into Illidan's body, so Illidan was meant to be the next Avatar of Sargeras. The plan failed but Legion is not defeated either.

Legion's plan is to gather the Pillars of creation and use it to destroy Azeroth, so there is still a way for them to get the Titan artifacts.

How? After defeating Gul'dan, heroes get the Eye of Aman'thul back to Dalaran. All the Pillars of Creation are there.

Someone will infiltrate Dalaran to trick Kadghar and steal the artifacts. And who will it be? Jaina Proudmoore.

Thing is that she left her sit at the Council because Kadghar wanted to re-introduce the Hord after the Broken Shores events.
    She disappeared in the 7.0 and I suppose someone or something approached her and used her wrath to trick her.
    Two possibilities :
    - Scenario 1 / A Dreadlord took her and killed her / imprisoned her (depends on what Blizzard plans with her) and replaced her.
    - Scenario 2 / N'Zoth talked to her and convinced her to use the Pillars on his prison.

I'm much into Scenario 2, because N'Zoth could plot something while we were attacking the Nighthold.

So let's get it on to patch...

7.1 > Vault of the Sleeper : When Jaina Proudmoore left Dalaran, she's been contacted by N'Zoth showing to her the defeat and death of Azeroth's forces and the end of the planet. The Old God succeeded to control her will and turned her into an ally. After defeating Gul'dan and resurrecting Illidan, Kadghar took the Eye of Aman'thul to Dalaran, and the city has been massively assaulted by the Legion trying to get the Pillars of Creation. Taking advantage of this, Jaina infiltrated the city and tricked Kadghar, stealing the Titan artifacts. She found her way to N'Zoth's prison located next to Suramar but got tracked by Legion.
    Your mission is to stop her to free the Old God and to avoid Legion to reach the Pillars of Creation.
    We're fighting Demons > Old Gods Minions / Titan Machines / Nagas / Jaina Proudmoore

Note : Jaina Proudmoore already used the Pillars, so we find an empty cell. N'Zoth disappeared but talked to us, telling us that somehow he's bound to Azeroth and can't let the Legion invade and destroy the planet.
    That leads us to the final content patch, located in the Broken Shores with a neutral Naga faction fighting the Legion there with some Old God's minions.
    But first of all, Kadghar will have to learn HOW to use the Pillars of Creation, so it will lead us to Karazhan which is assaulted by Legion.
    It will be a revamp, mega-dungeon with a transitional tier equivalent of 7.1 raid tier (you know, for late players...).

So back to the Broken Shores, you'll have to help the Nagas to push the Legion back and find a way to the Tomb Of Sargeras. There you'll be able to close the portal.
    BUT something will happen, maybe you'll learn that Illidan crossed the Gate and is fighting the Legion there, maybe you'll get a message from Turalyon. I don't know but the thing is that YOU'LL HAVE to go to Argus BEFORE you close the Gate.

7.2 > Tomb Of Sargeras : you'll find a way to the Tomb Of Sargeras but there is too many Demons there to cross the portal on your own. And that's how Velen enters the scene, flying with the Exodar through the Felstorm with the Heart of the Light in his possession to protect the spaceship from Fel magic. Kadghar teleports you there, and after a fight with Velen you convince him to help you (I suppose Illidan has a plan and he contacted you to tell you what he's expecting you to do). You land on Argus, next to the military forces or a battleground between the Army of the Light and Legion forces.
    So, we're fighting Demons / Eredars / Kil'Jaeden > and surprise : new Avatar of Sargeras
    [/speculation]
    Last edited by WolfRider; 2016-07-18 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    This is how I see it :

7.0 > Nightmare : Xavius is back in the Emerald Dream and continues his reign over the Emerald Nightmare, spreading it and corrupting life. We're fighting corrupted Druids / Wild Gods / Greenflight Dragons > Xavius
    ___ > NightHold : Gul'dan is using the Nightwell to summon something (Sargeras' soul) using Illidan's body and the Eye of Aman'thul. We're fighting Nightwell empowered beasts & elementals / Nightborne leaders / Demons > Gul'dan

[Speculation]
    Note : we know that the Burning Legion's hierarchy is based on Sargeras, assisted by Archimonde for military forces (with Mannoroth as lieutenant) and by Kil'Jaeden for strategy and recruitment (with the dreadlords as intelligence forces). Since his military leadership died in AU Draenor and a new opportunity to invade Azeroth came with it, Sargeras had to take the lead on military actions.

But WHAT is Sargeras in this precise moment? His spirit seems to be back to the Twisting Nether but did he return to his Titan envelope or a new and stronger Avatar?
    I doubt that, because Gul'dan was ordered to summon him into Illidan's body, so Illidan was meant to be the next Avatar of Sargeras. The plan failed but Legion is not defeated either.

Legion's plan is to gather the Pillars of creation and use it to destroy Azeroth, so there is still a way for them to get the Titan artifacts.

How? After defeating Gul'dan, heroes get the Eye of Aman'thul back to Dalaran. All the Pillars of Creation are there.

Someone will infiltrate Dalaran to trick Kadghar and steal the artifacts. And who will it be? Jaina Proudmoore.

Thing is that she left her sit at the Council because Kadghar wanted to re-introduce the Hord after the Broken Shores events.
    She disappeared in the 7.0 and I suppose someone or something approached her and used her wrath to trick her.
    Two possibilities :
    - Scenario 1 / A Dreadlord took her and killed her / imprisoned her (depends on what Blizzard plans with her) and replaced her.
    - Scenario 2 / N'Zoth talked to her and convinced her to use the Pillars on his prison.

I'm much into Scenario 2, because N'Zoth could plot something while we were attacking the Nighthold.

So let's get it on to patch...

7.1 > Vault of the Sleeper : When Jaina Proudmoore left Dalaran, she's been contacted by N'Zoth showing to her the defeat and death of Azeroth's forces and the end of the planet. The Old God succeeded to control her will and turned her into an ally. After defeating Gul'dan and resurrecting Illidan, Kadghar took the Eye of Aman'thul to Dalaran, and the city has been massively assaulted by the Legion trying to get the Pillars of Creation. Taking advantage of this, Jaina infiltrated the city and tricked Kadghar, stealing the Titan artifacts. She found her way to N'Zoth's prison located next to Suramar but got tracked by Legion.
    Your mission is to stop her to free the Old God and to avoid Legion to reach the Pillars of Creation.
    We're fighting Demons > Old Gods Minions / Titan Machines / Nagas / Jaina Proudmoore

Note : Jaina Proudmoore already used the Pillars, so we find an empty cell. N'Zoth disappeared but talked to us, telling us that somehow he's bound to Azeroth and can't let the Legion invade and destroy the planet.
    That leads us to the final content patch, located in the Broken Shores with a neutral Naga faction fighting the Legion there with some Old God's minions.
    But first of all, Kadghar will have to learn HOW to use the Pillars of Creation, so it will lead us to Karazhan which is assaulted by Legion.
    It will be a revamp, mega-dungeon with a transitional tier equivalent of 7.1 raid tier (you know, for late players...).

So back to the Broken Shores, you'll have to help the Nagas to push the Legion back and find a way to the Tomb Of Sargeras. There you'll be able to close the portal.
    BUT something will happen, maybe you'll learn that Illidan crossed the Gate and is fighting the Legion there, maybe you'll get a message from Turalyon. I don't know but the thing is that YOU'LL HAVE to go to Argus BEFORE you close the Gate.

7.2 > Tomb Of Sargeras : you'll find a way to the Tomb Of Sargeras but there is too many Demons there to cross the portal on your own. And that's how Velen enters the scene, flying with the Exodar through the Felstorm with the Heart of the Light in his possession to protect the spaceship from Fel magic. Kadghar teleports you there, and after a fight with Velen you convince him to help you (I suppose Illidan has a plan and he contacted you to tell you what he's expecting you to do). You land on Argus, next to the military forces or a battleground between the Army of the Light and Legion forces.
    So, we're fighting Demons / Eredars / Kil'Jaeden > and surprise : new Avatar of Sargeras
    [/speculation]
    OK, I want this exact thing you described here to happen now xD

Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    OK, I want this exact thing you described here to happen now xD
    Hahaha! Blizzard! Hire me!

We kill Kil'Jaeden and then Gul'dan says to the armies that "Azeroth is free" and they all forget his crimes and cheer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Count Warlords and we will have THREE, not two.
    Burning Crusade makes four lol

I'd think that something's gonna happen in the Exodar and we'll fight some really fucked up demon-infused Draenei and Alliance forces, and then... Sargeras occupying Velen's body, maybe?
    You know, people keep thinking Jaina's the one that's gonna go all OMGSTOPDAHORDE and become corrupted, but if Sargeras is around, he can take over mostly any body, and no one would suspect that that body would be Velen's.
    Siege of Exodar with final boss Corrupted Velen is my guess.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Question that some folks might help explain better!
    -in Draenor we killed Archimonde.... However due to the portal to the old Draenor I am all confused. Does it means we have 2 Sargeras, 2 Archimondes, 2 Kiljadens... 2 Azeroths???? Did the portal create a portal to a new time-line (thus doubling everything known) ?

The reason I ask is if we in Legion we killed Archimonde from the Draenor universe, it means Azeroth time-line still has a Archimonde....

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Question that some folks might help explain better!
    -in Draenor we killed Archimonde.... However due to the portal to the old Draenor I am all confused. Does it means we have 2 Sargeras, 2 Archimondes, 2 Kiljadens... 2 Azeroths???? Did the portal create a portal to a new time-line (thus doubling everything known) ?

The reason I ask is if we in Legion we killed Archimonde from the Draenor universe, it means Azeroth time-line still has a Archimonde....
    No. Sargeras asides since I'm not too sure if he is considered a demon now, or a Titan, or both, there is only 1 demon Archimonde and 1 demon Kil'Jaeden. Basically, for every demons, you have only one version of it. There are many Azeroths / universes in the multiverse, the portal just helped connecting our main universe with an alternate universe, it didn't create a new one.

Archimonde we killed is our universe Archimonde - not that it matters, since there is only one Archimonde anyway. He travelled to the alternate universe.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    No. Sargeras asides since I'm not too sure if he is considered a demon now, or a Titan, or both, there is only 1 demon Archimonde and 1 demon Kil'Jaeden. Basically, for every demons, you have only one version of it. There are many Azeroths / universes in the multiverse, the portal just helped connecting our main universe with an alternate universe, it didn't create a new one.

Archimonde we killed is our universe Archimonde - not that it matters, since there is only one Archimonde anyway. He travelled to the alternate universe.
    Interesting! So, what prevents Sargeras for amassing armies from all the different "time-line" and send it at us? Or was it what he was already doing? Failing to invade Azeroth in multiple time-line?

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Interesting! So, what prevents Sargeras for amassing armies from all the different "time-line" and send it at us? Or was it what he was already doing? Failing to invade Azeroth in multiple time-line?
    The answer for that hadn't been given to us by Blizzard yet.

It wasn't really stated why Sargeras had been focusing only on OUR Azeroth, instead of some alternate universe Azeroth. Although "Illidan" book seemed to imply that by destroying something in our main universe, some cosmic mechanic would allow that to affect all other alternate universes as well (i.e: Vandel's son were killed by the Legion in our main universe, and when he got a glimpse of the multiverse, he found out that in all universes, his son always die in an infinity of different ways), for some reasons the Legion have been stubbornly stuck to attacking us. Maybe because we are the main universe, I'm not too sure.

As for amassing armies from different time-line, that was actually Kairozdormu's plan when he helped Garrosh to go to AU Draenor - he was planning to build up an infinite army of Orcs from infinite alternate universes. Why Sargeras haven't been doing this - we don't know. He can't make a massive armies of demons from the AUs, for sure, since there is only one demon version of every demons. However, technically, he should still be able to recruit non demons from those AUs. Let's just assume that it'd take a lot more time and power that Sargeras doesn't want to bother to do it (the real answer is probably that otherwise, we wouldn't have a story to tell).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    The answer for that hadn't been given to us by Blizzard yet.

It wasn't really stated why Sargeras had been focusing only on OUR Azeroth, instead of some alternate universe Azeroth. Although "Illidan" book seemed to imply that by destroying something in our main universe, some cosmic mechanic would allow that to affect all other alternate universes as well (i.e: Vandel's son were killed by the Legion in our main universe, and when he got a glimpse of the multiverse, he found out that in all universes, his son always die in an infinity of different ways), for some reasons the Legion have been stubbornly stuck to attacking us. Maybe because we are the main universe, I'm not too sure.

As for amassing armies from different time-line, that was actually Kairozdormu's plan when he helped Garrosh to go to AU Draenor - he was planning to build up an infinite army of Orcs from infinite alternate universes. Why Sargeras haven't been doing this - we don't know. He can't make a massive armies of demons from the AUs, for sure, since there is only one demon version of every demons. However, technically, he should still be able to recruit non demons from those AUs. Let's just assume that it'd take a lot more time and power that Sargeras doesn't want to bother to do it (the real answer is probably that otherwise, we wouldn't have a story to tell).
    Thanks for the detailed answers sir!
    I think this is questions that could be asked at Blizzcon during Q&A. I'll try to ask it

Deleted
    Blizzard like to recycle so either..

1) Archimonde
    2) Lich King
    3) Onyxia

There's few choices..

1. Kil'jaeden. If Blizzard goes the rehash route of continuing WoD, Archimonde's best bro.
    2. Avatar of Sargeras as it was, reborn. Sargeras is way too powerful to be taken on like that, guy puts planets in half with his sword.
    3. Medivh. My surprise round prediction and actually pretty likely candidate. The movie taking this particular story to tell, Khadgar and Gul'dan having such huge roles in the game currently. We know he's resurrected and in a unknown location. We known he has been possessed by Sargeras before. Aegwynn her mother defeated the Avatar of Sargeras and Sargeras' spirit went in to Aegwynn, where it then moved into Medivh. My theory is that Medivh is actually the current Sargeras' avatar on Azeroth.

Most are guessing it's Sargeras or his avatar.
    Another huge part are guessing it's continuing WoD with Kil'jaeden rehash.
    In that way Medivh introduced first time in WoW as an actual character (not spirit or voice or ghost) would pull the rug off pretty much everyone.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2016-07-22 at 07:22 PM.