Thread: Unholy VS Frost

Question Unholy VS Frost

Hey. I'm sure this might be buried in the threads somewhere but I was curious as to which spec people think is going to be the go pve raiding spec.

I know it's still a little early but with the pre patch hitting Tuesday- I'm assuming people have some idea as to which will be superior.
    Superior as in more utility and higher numbers.

Thoughts?

As of right now they are pretty close on the beta. More then close enough that playing the spec you enjoy or are better at is clearly the correct choice. As always some patches/hotfixes could change all of this.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Both are powerful and fun to play

Arms is the best. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    Both are powerful and fun to play
    Glad to hear. Sick of frost always being the go to for raids. Used to love unholy at the end of LK, but it was just runied from there to me

Quote Originally Posted by Torao View Post
    Glad to hear. Sick of frost always being the go to for raids. Used to love unholy at the end of LK, but it was just runied from there to me
    I suspect you have quitted the game since then, haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Torao View Post
    you're..joking, right? unholy's been the go-to for like 2 expansions now

Deleted
    i will main unholy, mainly because its great mythic+ dungeon aoe

What is the stat weight for unholy and frost ? for unholy mastery > all and for frost ? would be nice if you could play both without replacing all your gear

Quote Originally Posted by Grimskull22 View Post
    you're..joking, right? unholy's been the go-to for like 2 expansions now
    3 expansions if referring to mythic. But we can forgive LFR/normal mode players for believing frost is better.

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post

What is the stat weight for unholy and frost ? for unholy mastery > all and for frost ? would be nice if you could play both without replacing all your gear
    For Frost: Crit > haste > mastery I think, not 100% sure with the haste vs mastery but crit will be your primary stat because of the killing machine changes.

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post

Just a heads up. I've been modelling Halls of Valor on AMR's simulator and Frost is better for Mythic+ than Unholy right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainslife View Post
    Just a heads up. I've been modelling Halls of Valor on AMR's simulator and Frost is better for Mythic+ than Unholy right now.
    Until you have sindragosas fury i don think frost can compete with unholy aoe. and SF is 5min cd while unholy has strong aoe/cleave very often.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrisela View Post
    Until you have sindragosas fury i don think frost can compete with unholy aoe. and SF is 5min cd while unholy has strong aoe/cleave very often.
    I'm running the sims of full artifact templates with 820 gear. Unless the sim rotations are wrong (and they shouldn't be since they're verifiable by outside parties) then right now Frost is ahead of Unholy for 5 man dungeons by a tiny amount. Over 10 minutes of trash has Frost around 320k and Unholy around 308k.

Deleted
    I guess it is one of those things where "in theory" and actually playing if different. My experience says that unholy will win , but just slightly. I have played both frost and unholy for a small amount of time in beta as DK isn't my main class.
    And by the time all traits are unlocked your item level is way higher than 820 ... Try around 840 at least you can easy get 835 from world quests

Deleted
    I'm running the sims of full artifact templates with 820 gear. Unless the sim rotations are wrong (and they shouldn't be since they're verifiable by outside parties) then right now Frost is ahead of Unholy for 5 man dungeons by a tiny amount. Over 10 minutes of trash has Frost around 320k and Unholy around 308k.
    sims for 5 man dungeons? jesus just go play on beta and see unholy is currently better

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    sims for 5 man dungeons? jesus just go play on beta and see unholy is currently better
    Why not? Mythic+ is just as endgame as raids in Legion.

And obviously Unholy isn't just obviously better given that the sims are suggesting they're pretty close.

Deleted
    Why not? Mythic+ is just as endgame as raids in Legion.

And obviously Unholy isn't just obviously better given that the sims are suggesting they're pretty close.
    Just think 5 man sims have too many variables compared to raid sims, pull size, not in combat 100% of the time, highly dependent on group comp, a group with extremely high aoe dps will change how you preform overall etc

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    Just think 5 man sims have too many variables compared to raid sims, pull size, not in combat 100% of the time, highly dependent on group comp, a group with extremely high aoe dps will change how you preform overall etc
    AMR covers those variables if you set up the sim correctly.

I have a 103 DK. I feel like Unholy is better. That being said, it also feels a bit clunky, unsmooth. The randomness of Festering Strike is just goofy. I also feel like I'm drowning in runic power with Unholy.

Frost is fun but with my mediocre quest gear I'm not getting a lot of KM procs and it feels quite slow. It is probably great at 110 but for leveling it is not ideal.

Again, I'm only 103.