Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Well guess me being 100% sure of something aint worth shit lol. This is what someone posted the 07/07/2016

So this is a bit longer than a week ago. I for the life of me can't remember why he was getting 6,79 seconds of meta from demonic. Either way all of this will be fixed so it'll be a static 5 seconds.
    i didnt say it wasnt worth anything i simply said i couldnt recreate it-there was 0 personal attack there and even gave a realistic option of what could have happened

Oh no no I simply meant that I was so sure that I remembered correctly and then I went back to look it up and turns out I wasn't right.

Also who knows they might already have hot fixed some of these things to make things work now.
    my mistake, in asking you not to jump to conclusions i did so myself >.<and i think it was more with the blind fury talent which i didnt use while testing it

The other upside to cancelling eye beam was that if you're running first blood you could fit an 2 death sweeps into that window at reasonably low haste levels, plus the second sweep would actually give you an additional 2 secs of the buff, which then gave you time to fit in one more annihilation if you had the fury spare.

Assuming the window is fixed at 5 secs, you'll need a lot more haste to do this, but I wonder if they will leave the boost at the end of death sweep?

This is what someone posted the 07/07/2016
    So this is a bit longer than a week ago. I for the life of me can't remember why he was getting 6,79 seconds of meta from demonic. Either way all of this will be fixed so it'll be a static 5 seconds.
    That was me who posted that Blind Fury was bugged and giving a lot more meta time then intended if you channeled it fully but that was fixed like a build or 2 ago after I posted that, so it doesn't work like that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    The other upside to cancelling eye beam was that if you're running first blood you could fit an 2 death sweeps into that window at reasonably low haste levels, plus the second sweep would actually give you an additional 2 secs of the buff, which then gave you time to fit in one more annihilation if you had the fury spare.

Assuming the window is fixed at 5 secs, you'll need a lot more haste to do this, but I wonder if they will leave the boost at the end of death sweep?
    The additional 2 seconds if using death sweep with under 1 second left of Meta was fixed last build, it still adds time but only like .3 or something seconds enough so Deathsweep wont turn into blade dance mid cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    That was me who posted that Blind Fury was bugged and giving a lot more meta time then intended if you channeled it fully but that was fixed like a build or 2 ago after I posted that, so it doesn't work like that anymore.

The additional 2 seconds if using death sweep with under 1 second left of Meta was fixed last build, it still adds time but only like .3 or something seconds enough so Deathsweep wont turn into blade dance mid cast.
    Ah good to hear, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm in beta and reached 106 level, so I thought now is a good time to take a good look at my talents and playstyle.
    Currently i'm using fel mastery/demonic appetite/felblade/momentum. Any suggestions on other/better builds ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    i'm in beta and reached 106 level, so I thought now is a good time to take a good look at my talents and playstyle.
    Currently i'm using fel mastery/demonic appetite/felblade/momentum. Any suggestions on other/better builds ?
    I would probably swap out appetite for prepared, for the the increased momentum buff uptime.

if you are playing momentum anyway, I would actually use prepared until you get the 110 talents.

Chaos cleave is pretty good for leveling. Same with First blood as you can pull a ton of mobs every time BLur and/or darkness is off cd and cleave them down

So I'm a big fan of the momentum build (Loving the fact it seems to be doing similar DPS so I don't have to choose the other build) and was wondering if anything had changed it from since when I first joined beta. Is it still FM/Prep/Felblade/SR/Mom/UP/Demonic or has anything changed from the sims y'all have run?

10+ Year Old Account
    In my few hours of gameplay in Beta, I've seen Demonic Appetite as the single best talent for leveling, since it keeps you healthy and gives you dps from CS and kills. Every minute or so I pull everything I can into FotI>CN>EB>BD. I've had no trouble with leveling so far.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Verraxia View Post
    So I'm a big fan of the momentum build (Loving the fact it seems to be doing similar DPS so I don't have to choose the other build) and was wondering if anything had changed it from since when I first joined beta. Is it still FM/Prep/Felblade/SR/Mom/UP/Demonic or has anything changed from the sims y'all have run?
    THis is the build I'm running, but it doesnt sim the highest right now. Barrage sims higher on AoE and Chaos Baldes higher on single target. You also use Bloodlet instead of Felblade atm. Up vs Motg in the 108 row is a personal preference and FM vs CC is the same in the first row!

I like the feel of the one you are running though, but you will be doing slightly less dps than the one I described above

Quote Originally Posted by Verraxia View Post
    For leveling DA does give some great sustain, and felblade is another great tool for mob hopping, but as far as "better builds" currently simming the highest is Fel Mastery/Demon Blades/Bloodlet/Momentum(/MotG/CB or FBarr at 110) currently CB is better for pure single target, but there are very few situations where thats actually the case this is only a suggestion if you want to practice the CURRENT BUILD as if you feel like you can learn it at 110 easy enough you should play whatever makes leveling easier for you and it is all still subject to change. and @Verraxia i hope this also answered your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    When in stationary/patchwerk style fights, is it best to assume this ability is only used in combination with VR on cooldown to get back to the target? I want to guess thats the synergy here.
    YOu dont want to use Vr and then Felrush after eachother as you loose Momentum uptime. You want to angle yourself so you rush sidewise along the hitbox so you never loose melee range. This is ofc hard on smaller mobs, so when out about in the world, you might as well use felblade to vr > Fblade. (dont use fblade until you leave melee).

There is a picture someone drew (Kib on Discord) that shows you have to handle the rush and vr movement on boss fights. It takes some time getting used to, but you reap high rewards if you pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    YOu dont want to use Vr and then Felrush after eachother as you loose Momentum uptime. You want to angle yourself so you rush sidewise along the hitbox so you never loose melee range. This is ofc hard on smaller mobs, so when out about in the world, you might as well use felblade to vr > Fblade. (dont use fblade until you leave melee).

There is a picture someone drew (Kib on Discord) that shows you have to handle the rush and vr movement on boss fights. It takes some time getting used to, but you reap high rewards if you pull it off

The image referenced in his post

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    As with many people here, I just got into beta (woot for 1 month to test out talents etc), I am wondering how people are actually handling fel rush with their targets. It is like a 20 yard dash and feels a tad bit clunky if you compare it to a warriors charge or a monks's roll. Occasionally I am feeling like I overshoot targets when I use FR, although I am starting to get the handle of VR+FR into targets. FR seems a bit awkward to use unless you are charging to or from a target. But I am of course, not trying to make this a comparison argument. It would be nice if when you proc the damaging effect of FR that the ability stops you.

When in stationary/patchwerk style fights, is it best to assume this ability is only used in combination with VR on cooldown to get back to the target? I want to guess thats the synergy here.
    FR is meant to require more precision than a charge, i am not really sure what you mean about its being clunky, if you could explain a lil more, I'm sure most of us would be happy to discuss it, but yes it is about as fast as a warr charge (if not faster) and has a defined range stopping point like monks roll so it can be a lil jarring to get used to, however it damages all targets you pass through so stopping the charge could be a potential aoe damage loss. This also could be a problem with momentum, as if you are charging along a boss's hitbox, or straight through it, it would likely stop you right inside the boss, or on the flip side could be used to game the momentum buff via animation cancelling, which they have all but irradicated.

In a stationary/patchwerk style fight you dont want to stack VR and FR because Momentum is just refreshed there is no stacking so this is what we are looking at both VR and FR are used along the same paths and using this method (def will take some practice) you dont actually leave melee range. However, on most raid encounters, FR will be fantastic to use to get to adds/back to the boss after adds, and should be used differently given the situation. Hope that this helped you understand the way FR is being used currently and answered your questions

Edit: well @Vanyali and @Sangomah guess great minds think alike
    Last edited by enchiridion; 2016-07-17 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post

This is of course IF you are using momentum, if not then the VR - FR combo works really well(my fel eruption/demonic build works like this).

- - - Updated - - -

So, @Unanilnomen, you 110 yet? Found yourself a special "Una" build you like?

Blind Fury, Demonic Appetite, First Blood, Desperate Instincts, Nemesis, Demon Reborn and Demonic. :P

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Not 110 yet. It's kind of comical that I would get a beta invite on a weekend I'm moving -.-

Level 104, currently: Fel Mastery/ Demonic Appetite/ Felblade/ Soul Rending. Gonna go Fel Eruption/ MotG/ and likely Fel Barrage when I eventually get there.

What i'm running with so far is some of the greatest fun I've ever had in game, even in instanced content it's just so rad seeing lesser soul fragments popping up on the other side of a mob or boss, Fel Rushing to it, BAM, 55 Fury. Very satisfying ALL the time.

I'm also speccing my artifact towards Anguish of the Deceiver so that I can use Eye Beam viable on single target rather than just AoE.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    Not 110 yet. It's kind of comical that I would get a beta invite on a weekend I'm moving -.-

Level 104, currently: Fel Mastery/ Demonic Appetite/ Felblade/ Soul Rending. Gonna go Fel Eruption/ MotG/ and likely Fel Barrage when I eventually get there.

What i'm running with so far is some of the greatest fun I've ever had in game, even in instanced content it's just so rad seeing lesser soul fragments popping up on the other side of a mob or boss, Fel Rushing to it, BAM, 55 Fury. Very satisfying ALL the time.

I'm also speccing my artifact towards Anguish of the Deceiver so that I can use Eye Beam viable on single target rather than just AoE.
    They must like doing that... I got my invite the day before taking a 4 day road trip across country. then the weekend after that trip (this weekend) was my actual vacation lol.
    Science the shit out of it!

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qlix View Post
    They must like doing that... I got my invite the day before taking a 4 day road trip across country. then the weekend after that trip (this weekend) was my actual vacation lol.
    The struggle is real, amirite?
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...