Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play Overwatch but that blue skin looks adorable.
    Would be a shame if they were to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    They're just upset the skin doesn't come with a suicide vest for accuracy.
    Wow...

Really no words for this staggering level of ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    this guy has nothing better to do? I hope they don't remove it, the skin is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i'am partially Indian and I absolutely ADORE her Devi skin. Its great seeing south-asian cultural representation in modern media. Plus i just adore the aesthetics and it is my most favorite skin in the game.

I am not hindu myself but have contact with a great deal of young men and women who are and they are either not bothered as non-gamers or over the top excited as gamers. They love that Symm exists and that she has that skin.

However, as with anywhere or any group, there are impotent backwards hyper-conservatives who try to meddle in everything as per their narrow views. these jerks are beyond annoying right here with their constant whining and suggestions for laws or bans (which are of the especially ludicrous variety.). These guys go around trying to ban facebook groups (made by people in other countries) for content they find objectionable (mostly views or philosophies) even though these groups arent even remotely related to India other than being accessible from here. They would literally send India back hundreds of years if their views were given any attention.

They are best treated as they are in India. Thoroughly ignored except for an amusing read in a small side story in a newspaper or a tabloid (or really slow political news days)

There are a billion + Hindu's in the world. these guys, ratio to ratio, are the equivalent of the skin collected below my nails when i rub it along my palm.

This dude and his pitiful group are just trying to gain attention and make clickbait titles. They are the Jack Thompson of the south asian continent.

We already have an angelic depiction with mercy (so theres the Abrahamic religions) and a Buddhist depiction with Zen.

I certainly hope blizzard ignores this like the guys in smite did.
    Exactly. Hail from Mumbai.

Ty for the post above. It nails exactly how i and probably countless others feel about it.

Without reading any of the posts I am going to bet the majority of them say, "I am not a Hindu so it doesn't bother me and if it doesn't bother me then it doesn't bother anyone."

*looks back at the posts and inserts the thermometer, "Yep, your ignorance is running a little high, Take two 'Your not the only real person in the world' and get a little 'You are not the center of the universe' and call a doctor if you can't understand that while it doesn't bother you it does bother a large segment of society and if you can avoid offending people when you don't really want to offend people then it is only good business to not offend them.

Oh, and Hindus live all over the world, not just in India. God the ignorance levels are red hot around here.

- - - Updated - - -

I will note that pre-Renaissance period the Christian Faith didn't allow you to even depict realistic people in art. In Christianity, iconoclasm has generally been motivated by people who adopt a literal interpretation of the Ten Commandments, which forbid the making and worshipping of "graven images or any likeness of anything".

Deleted
    If blizz wants to bend over yet again they should just change the skin colour of tthose skins.
    Then it isn't their idol anymore but a women that dresses like it.
    Friggin maniacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least Blizz did something right for once in Overwatch.

Deleted
    Well if you're so offended by a skin in the game, go play something else because the rest of us don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    No *slap* they *slap* did *slap* not *slap*

Seriously, stop being dumb. The decision had been made to alter the pose long before anyone complained about it.
    From what I recall there was some internal debate but the decision still stood to leave Tracer to have that pose. Then some sjw complained and a blue response said they changed it based on that complaint plus the internal debate. They gave the pose to Widowmaker and gave Tracer a somewhat more lewd posed based off the infamous 40's wartime pose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    That skin would fit junkrat perfectly!
    lol especially when he dies
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Without reading any of the posts I am going to bet the majority of them say, "I am not a Hindu so it doesn't bother me and if it doesn't bother me then it doesn't bother anyone."

*looks back at the posts and inserts the thermometer, "Yep, your ignorance is running a little high, Take two 'Your not the only real person in the world' and get a little 'You are not the center of the universe' and call a doctor if you can't understand that while it doesn't bother you it does bother a large segment of society and if you can avoid offending people when you don't really want to offend people then it is only good business to not offend them.

Oh, and Hindus live all over the world, not just in India. God the ignorance levels are red hot around here.

- - - Updated - - -

I will note that pre-Renaissance period the Christian Faith didn't allow you to even depict realistic people in art. In Christianity, iconoclasm has generally been motivated by people who adopt a literal interpretation of the Ten Commandments, which forbid the making and worshipping of "graven images or any likeness of anything".
    To bad these are modern days and we shouldnt let what some people choose to dedicate thier lives to effect our entertainment. If they dont like it, then they can just not play it. Worship what you want, dont impose your laws or rules on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    From what I recall there was some internal debate but the decision still stood to leave Tracer to have that pose. Then some sjw complained and a blue response said they changed it based on that complaint plus the internal debate. They gave the pose to Widowmaker and gave Tracer a somewhat more lewd posed based off the infamous 40's wartime pose.
    Then you're recalling wrong. There was nothing to do with widowmaker or that was done with her related to this.

So lets repeat. They had already previously decided to change the pose to something more fun. Someone incidentally posted and was quoted by a blue who said they were already intending to change it as it didn't fit her personality. This was not an sjw, just a regular person and they had no influence on the decision.

Tracer was given a pose from a classic pin up that did go with her personality and had no more or less butt than the last. Given this wnd result and the timelines at play. No one except blizz had any influence on themselves but it did garner lots of attention, which was great for many parties including blizz.

All that really happened were people creating drama over what ended up being nothing while blizz did what they were going to do even if nothing had happened. But gaming news sites, forums and youtubers rejoiced because they got amazing clickbait do ad rev, likes and subscriptions.

This dude complaining is trying to do the same thing in his own way but much less effectively with somehow even less ability to influence anything. He does not represent Hindu's except in his own imagination and he should be ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I really wish people would read at least some of the posts here. We're going in circles with people posting the same stuff other have covered or replied off the top of their heads after reading the topic title.

Is there a official forum post about this? I certainly hope not.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-07-17 at 10:59 AM.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I would think that having her with that skin, a player liking and selecting it to use it, would bring a more positive connotation to the religion/traditions than a bad or trivial one.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you're recalling wrong. There was nothing to do with widowmaker or that was done with her related to this.

So lets repeat. They had already previously decided to change the pose to something more fun. Someone incidentally posted and was quoted by a blue who said they were already intending to change it as it didn't fit her personality. This was not an sjw, just a regular person and they had no influence on the decision.

Tracer was given a pose from a classic pin up that did go with her personality and had no more or less butt than the last. Given this wnd result and the timelines at play. No one except blizz had any influence on themselves but it did garner lots of attention, which was great for many parties including blizz.

All that really happened were people creating drama over what ended up being nothing while blizz did what they were going to do even if nothing had happened. But gaming news sites, forums and youtubers rejoiced because they got amazing clickbait do ad rev, likes and subscriptions.

This dude complaining is trying to do the same thing in his own way but much less effectively with somehow even less ability to influence anything. He does not represent Hindu's except in his own imagination and he should be ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I really wish people would read at least some of the posts here. We're going in circles with people posting the same stuff other have covered or replied off the top of their heads after reading the topic title.

Is there a official forum post about this? I certainly hope not.
    I don't care how other sites called it I am talking about how I took it independent of the internets opinion. The blue post which you can easily google specifically said there was some internal argument but they left it as is, but there was a complaint which apparently was all it took to tip the scales in blizzard to remove it. I mentioned Widowmaker because they gave her that exact same pose that Tracer had which was the pose in question. I still like the the 40's pinup pose of Tracers and I think everybody does. Not sure why you are getting your back up a wall over what I said.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    They're requesting the removal of the devi looking legendary Symmetra skin. They asked for the same about a skin in Smite but the developers declined.

". Controlling and manipulating Devi with a joystick/ button/keyboard/mouse was denigration. Devi was meant to be worshipped in temples and home shrines and not to be reduced to just a “character” in a video game to be used in combat in the virtual battleground."

Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?g...7A7CA188B9D595

Also, it seems the Hindu website crashed!

Thoughts?
    I would like to point out that with the Hindu you don't have to worry about them killing people unlike Islamic people.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    The game is designed around stereotypes.
    I'm honestly surprised Lucio hasn't been a target of SJWs

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I would think that having her with that skin, a player liking and selecting it to use it, would bring a more positive connotation to the religion/traditions than a bad or trivial one.
    This is exactly what the majority of rational minded Hindu's and Indian gamers think. I can say this in a better position than the jerk complaining can because ive discussed this with indian gamers in person, on forums, etc. Its great to have representation both of Indian people and Indian culture in video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I don't care how other sites called it I am talking about how I took it independent of the internets opinion. The blue post which you can easily google specifically said there was some internal argument but they left it as is, but there was a complaint which apparently was all it took to tip the scales in blizzard to remove it. I mentioned Widowmaker because they gave her that exact same pose that Tracer had which was the pose in question. I still like the the 40's pinup pose of Tracers and I think everybody does. Not sure why you are getting your back up a wall over what I said.
    I mentioned other sites to point out they made it into an "issue" because it was great clickbait for them. eh i see your point though, i've probably been seeing so many people posting here who blatently misinterpret the situation that its painting over how i see posts in regards it.

it just gets annoying when people keep posting the same misconception despite the results pointing out otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I'm honestly surprised Lucio hasn't been a target of SJWs
    Because there are way way more people complaining (especially in topics that have nothing to do with it) about SJW's than there are actually SJW's doing such things or anythings\ or SJW's existing as far as all the complaining seems to imply. Thus why most of the complaining has to bring up imagined fiction about what they could or would be doing.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-07-17 at 01:49 PM.

Because there are way way more people complaining (especially in topics that have nothing to do with it) about SJW's than there are actually SJW's doing such things or anythings\ or SJW's existing as far as all the complaining seems to imply. Thus why most of the complaining has to bring up imagined fiction about what they could or would be doing.
    You SJW deniers are something else. Back when this shit was largely contained to Tumblr/college circles you said it wasn't worth poking fun at, there's nothing to worry about, etc... YET now not using bizarre pronouns can get you fined in NYC. TOTALLY no real-world repercussions of SJW-ism at all /sarc.

Influential game sites like Kotaku and Neogaf as well as a many game industry writers/bloggers are obsessed with SJW-ism, bitching about how white developers are, how white and heteronormative game characters are, damsels in distress, whatever SJW-ism can conjure up, they push. The IGDA went full-bore SJW.

Sarkeesian, who made a fortune begging for money to make videos about a non-problem, and Quinn, went to the UN to cry for what looks like potential future censorship, though not overtly requested AFAIK.

Even Overwatch's launch roster was an attempt to appease diversity fanatics.

How dumb can you be to assert SJW influence is exaggerated when you see it everywhere you look?
    Last edited by Incredibale; 2016-07-17 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    You SJW deniers are something else. Back when this shit was largely contained to Tumblr/college circles you said it wasn't worth poking fun at, there's nothing to worry about, etc... YET now not using bizarre pronouns can get you fined in NYC. TOTALLY no real-world repercussions of SJW-ism at all /sarc.

Influential game sites like Kotaku and Neogaf as well as a many game industry writers/bloggers are obsessed with SJW-ism, bitching about how white developers are, how white and heteronormative game characters are, damsels in distress, whatever SJW-ism can conjure up, they push. The IGDA went full-bore SJW.

Sarkeesian, who made a fortune begging for money to make videos about a non-problem, and Quinn, went to the UN to cry for what looks like potential future censorship, though not overtly requested AFAIK.

Even Overwatch's launch roster was an attempt to appease diversity fanatics.

How dumb can you be to assert SJW influence is exaggerated when you see it everywhere you look?
    and yet none of this is on topic.

But it is being brought here and in other topics it doenst belong by you guys. The reaction of gamegaters and the anti-sjw crowd to all of those things (which have minor or harmless negative effects at most. Btw the overwatch roster is AWESOME and successful so hell, more of that maybe...) you mention has been far more poisonous to the industry as a whole. Actually attacking developers, scaring off potential recruitment, arguing in random topics and actually ruining the publics outlook on the gaming industry such that academics have pulled funding from game archiving, research studies and actual college courses in game design (with many from that "crowd" cheering these situations on social media and news sites).

Not to mention thanks to this reactionary fiasco, Triple A publishers and those a step below are now more unwilling than ever to support and invest in innovative games with new imaginative ideas and games with original plot and content. SJW's dont do what they do out of hate but the opposing crowds behavior, no matter their reasoning, is toxic to a degree that is far worse than the stuff they accuse SJW's of. Regular gamers like me just look on and see past and potential progress being lost.

what we have here however is not sjw's, not PC's. It is faux-religious attention seeking serial-drama makers who look for minor issues that score big attention because they are impotent in the face of real dilemma's faced by their "cause". Mostly because they do not represent anyone except their own selves and their own individual interests.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-07-17 at 05:24 PM.

"There isn't enough ________ representation in games!!!!"

*Adds in every type of representation*

"WTF WHY ARE YOU PUTTING OUR SHIT IN YOUR GAMES!!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I wish they would replace those skins, they are super ugly and the other ones are kinda boring. Give us something cool looking.