Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    hmmm, what happens if Scotland is on dissent with May ? If Scotland has a voice, Brexit is over before the start.
    From the little that I could, England would have to allow Scotland to have a referendum to split in the first place. Which might never happen again, for all we know. I don't think Scotland can just split without properly asking for permission first. Or at least that is the impression I got.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    From the little that I could, England would have to allow Scotland to have a referendum to split in the first place. Which might never happen again, for all we know. I don't think Scotland can just split without properly asking for permission first. Or at least that is the impression I got.
    That's pretty much it yes. Referendums are granted by the UK parliament so it's a very one sided ball sided game if the leadership want to play it that way and since the Tories have virtually no representation in Scotland pissing off the Scotts costs them nothing. If May wanted to say no to another Scottish Independence Referendum then she is within her rights to say so and the backlash is virtually none existent since Scotts don't vote Tory to begin with.

From the little that I could, England would have to allow Scotland to have a referendum to split in the first place. .
    Pretty much right. It could happen again, but not I think in the near future.
    It could be that part of the EU negotitiation will be to allow for Scotland to re-enter the EU with as little fuss as possible should they vote for independence at a later date, but I think the both the EU and UK politicians have enough to deal with already without another referendum added into the mix.

That's pretty much it yes. Referendums are granted by the UK parliament so it's a very one sided ball sided game if the leadership want to play it that way and since the Tories have virtually no representation in Scotland pissing off the Scotts costs them nothing. If May wanted to say no to another Scottish Independence Referendum then she is within her rights to say so and the backlash is virtually none existent since Scotts don't vote Tory to begin with.
    Will you please stop posting my posts before I do
    Last edited by Koyoti; 2016-07-17 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koyoti View Post
    Pretty much right. It could happen again, but not I think in the near future.
    It could be that part of the EU negotitiation will be to allow for Scotland to re-enter the EU with as little fuss as possible should they vote for independence at a later date, but I think the both the EU and UK politicians have enough to deal with already without another referendum added into the mix.
    Spain made it very certain that Scotland is not on the table unless they become independent first. They very much want to have it in exactly that order, anything else will get vetoed by them. This is to protect their own interests with Catalunya.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Will you please stop posting my posts before I do
    Sorry blud. I'll send you a draft of my posts first before posting and will wait for communication as to whether you wish to express the same sentiment before actually posting in the future. We can be like some kinda political party or something......just make sure we have a super cool name before proceeding.....like Death Squad Omega....no wait that's lame. Super Mega Death Squad? No still seems lame. Suggestions needed.

Spain made it very certain that Scotland is not on the table unless they become independent first. They very much want to have it in exactly that order, anything else will get vetoed by them. This is to protect their own interests with Catalunya.
    A minor detail. Scotland simply needs to go conquer Spain then. Problem solved

Sorry blud. I'll send you a draft of my posts first before posting and will wait for communication as to whether you wish to express the same sentiment before actually posting in the future. We can be like some kinda political party or something......just make sure we have a super cool name before proceeding.....like Death Squad Omega....no wait that's lame. Super Mega Death Squad? No still seems lame. Suggestions needed.
    How about Expressions Unlimited? We could shorten it to EU
    Last edited by Koyoti; 2016-07-17 at 12:15 AM.

A minor detail. Scotland simply needs to go conquer Spain then. Problem solved
    Oh, okay... since this Brexit would bring us Braveheart 2 - Referendum THIS, you now gave us Braveheart 3 - Veto THIS... and we have a proper trilogy! I'd even endure Mel Gibson in it again just for the giggles. :P

How about Expressions Unlimited? We could shorten it to EU
    Sick burn, love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, okay... since this Brexit would bring us Braveheart 2 - Referendum THIS, you now gave us Braveheart 3 - Veto THIS... and we have a proper trilogy! I'd even endure Mel Gibson in it again just for the giggles. :P
    Where Mel Gibson saves the English from the English by the English.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    May cannot keep scotland and say she offered nice conditions, if scotland disagrees. is scotland able to kick May's butt because she probably will lie ?

The UK government does not have to give Scotland an independence referendum. In 2014, the Scots had their referendum and voted to remain part of the UK; and that was in the knowledge that the Conservatives were committed to holding a referendum on EU membership. So, the Scots chose to remain in the UK despite well knowing that the Conservatives would hold a referendum on EU membership should they (the Conservatives) win power at the next general election (which they did). The SNP (Scottish National Party) are playing their usual, bigoted games. Personally, I’d like to see Scotland kicked out of the UK, but that’s another point.

Deleted
    The UK better get used to these words for negotiating access to the single market. Ne, nej, nee, no, ei, non, nein, ochi, nem, le, nie, nao, nu, nej.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    May cannot keep scotland and say she offered nice conditions, if scotland disagrees. is scotland able to kick May's butt because she probably will lie ?

The UK has a population of 65 million, and there are a little over 5 million Scots. The vast majority of the UK population is not Scottish. We, the majority, will not be dictated to by the minority. The party in power at Westminster rules the UK, not that jumped up tribe, the SNP (Scottish Nationalist Party).

Quote Originally Posted by Altarion View Post
    The UK government does not have to give Scotland an independence referendum. In 2014, the Scots had their referendum and voted to remain part of the UK; and that was in the knowledge that the Conservatives were committed to holding a referendum on EU membership. So, the Scots chose to remain in the UK despite well knowing that the Conservatives would hold a referendum on EU membership should they (the Conservatives) win power at the next general election (which they did). The SNP (Scottish National Party) are playing their usual, bigoted games. Personally, I’d like to see Scotland kicked out of the UK, but that’s another point.
    That would be the Scottish referendum that took place when pretty much everyone said that the vote to stay in the EU was a done deal? That the only people who would want to leave the EU would be a small minority of bigots and idiots? Is that the referendum you are talking about?

If the Scots had known that we were going to leave the EU, their referendum wouldn't even have been close. There would have been 75% plus voting to leave the UK there and then. Even knowing that they would have to leave first, then approach the EU to join afterwards (knowing that Spain would be cautious about letting them join).

Just because this seems to upset you for some reason, doesn't mean that it isn't absolutely the right thing to offer them another chance. Things have materially changed in a dramatic and unexpected way since they had their vote. Your personal bias (which you seem perfectly happy to whip out and wave at the world for some reason) doesn't change that.

- - - Updated - - -

The UK has a population of 65 million, and there are a little over 5 million Scots. The vast majority of the UK population is not Scottish. We, the majority, will not be dictated to by the minority. The party in power at Westminster rules the UK, not that jumped up tribe, the SNP (Scottish Nationalist Party).
    The party in power, that gathered all of 11 million votes at the last election (which is about 17% of the population). And you are so worried about a majority being dictated to by the minority? Laughable.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

The Scottish never pretended they rule the UK. They just like to think they can have a say about, you know... Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

If the Scots had known that we were going to leave the EU, their referendum wouldn't even have been close. There would have been 75% plus voting to leave the UK there and then. Even knowing that they would have to leave first, then approach the EU to join afterwards (knowing that Spain would be cautious about letting them join).
    Actually polling that was done straight after the Brexit vote put independence at 59%. That's before the arguments about the currency, the price of oil and their new relationship with the the EU have been run over again.

I would bet that a second referendum would be a close run affair again. Perhaps they may vote for independence, but it would probably be close either way.

Deleted
    The Scottish never pretended they rule the UK. They just like to think they can have a say about, you know... Scotland.
    Ridiculus. The Scots should know that Scotland is the property of the English overlords.

The free movement of labour and the EU super army.....

aka the biggest slave labour trade the World has ever seen and Hitlers army v2.0

aka nazism v2.0

is best if it disintegrates into oblivion.

Britain has led the way to destroying pure evil before it gets chance to form.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynseyvw View Post
    Britain has led the way to destroying pure evil before it gets chance to form.
    Look RishiB made a third account

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Look RishiB made a third account
    Does...not...compute...

What the??!

I'll leave this here, because his channel is awesome and it's relevant (and recent!):