Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is garrison gold getting nerfed on pre-patch or expansion launch?

Just wondering if I can put some my useless alts that only serve as garrison gold cows to rest come tuesday.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pre-patch. Sorry.

Comes with pre-patch, as they come with the 7.0 patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

7.0 is expansion launch for the game's purpose. Only thing you can't do is level and the things specific to being 110.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Just wondering if I can put some my useless alts that only serve as garrison gold cows to rest come tuesday.
    This is my reaction as well. It will be nice to not have to zip through all of my alts just to click buttons over and over again. It will be strange, however, because it's become a part of my daily routine to zip through my characters before work, after work and before bed.

Deleted
    Pre patch, there is overall no need to even do Garrison's on Tuesday and onwards, unless you want to lvl a profession from scratch, as all quests that generate gold will vanish, there will be no more transmog crates, and you can sink your ships at the shipyard without any regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Pre patch, there is overall no need to even do Garrison's on Tuesday and onwards, unless you want to lvl a profession from scratch, as all quests that generate gold will vanish, there will be no more transmog crates, and you can sink your ships at the shipyard without any regrets.
    Will the transmog gear totally disappear from salvage crates?

Because if it's just the 610 class-mogs, a much-reduced rate of crafting mats (seriously, I ran through 1300 crates, and didn't get enough fur to make more than a couple Hexweave Bags), and vendor trash, that's not really worth it.

I'd keep the garrison just to keep making Hexweave bags (one tailor with a level 3 tailor hut, 6 trading posts, and lots of soon-to-be super-scavengers, makes for a lot of Hexweave Cloth)..

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Will the transmog gear totally disappear from salvage crates?

Because if it's just the 610 class-mogs, a much-reduced rate of crafting mats (seriously, I ran through 1300 crates, and didn't get enough fur to make more than a couple Hexweave Bags), and vendor trash, that's not really worth it.

I'd keep the garrison just to keep making Hexweave bags (one tailor with a level 3 tailor hut, 6 trading posts, and lots of soon-to-be super-scavengers, makes for a lot of Hexweave Cloth)..
    The Big Crates of Salvage will still have the same things as before the patch but you will start getting a new crate from missions. The new crates seem to just give garrison resources and sometime crafting materials.

At least at launch of Legion there won't be a larger Tailor made bag so keep making those Hexweave Bags.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

10+ Year Old Account
    Trading Post NPC that sells the Smuggled Sack of gold is going away too this Tuesday...so if you got tons of resources time to get rid of it if you got a level 1 or higher Trading post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not nerfed, all the garrison gold missions are disappearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
    The Big Crates of Salvage will still have the same things as before the patch but you will start getting a new crate from missions. The new crates seem to just give garrison resources and sometime crafting materials.

At least at launch of Legion there won't be a larger Tailor made bag so keep making those Hexweave Bags.
    The new crates are meant to not give materials, but still hold chance of the old armor. After what I've read.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    On one hand, there goes the income, not that i or many need it anymore

On the other hand, thank fucking god. No more having to log in on all chars to click buttons like a FB game.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not nerfed, all the garrison gold missions are disappearing.

- - - Updated - - -

The new crates are meant to not give materials, but still hold chance of the old armor. After what I've read.
    On beta, i was getting the occasional material, like dust or herb, but don't ask me for droprates.

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    This is my reaction as well. It will be nice to not have to zip through all of my alts just to click buttons over and over again. It will be strange, however, because it's become a part of my daily routine to zip through my characters before work, after work and before bed.
    i know... like allmost 2 years of just sending 15 minutes in the morning, and at night sending missions on all my chars... it will feel so weird... waking up going "ok garrisons before.... i... go.... hm..."

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    Trading Post NPC that sells the Smuggled Sack of gold is going away too this Tuesday...so if you got tons of resources time to get rid of it if you got a level 1 or higher Trading post.
    Didnt know about that sack thx. Saving some resources for after the patch but spent most of it on those sacks
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    If you still want to do garrisons, do the following:

-Build a trading post
    -Keep doing your missions (gold missions = GR missions from now on)

You will get A TON of GR off this, as all TH followers become +200% GR followers.

On trading post, you can exchange GR to mats. Wait till Fur is 4 GR per unit, and dump all your GR into it. Then use this Fur to craft bags. You need 1000 fur to craft one bag using only Fur (and the cooldown skip recipe + primal spirits to support it)

Or just get it off the auction house. Plenty of players will do this, thus fur will become extremely cheap (and so will the bags). Come LEGION, people won't bother with fur anymore, bag prices will increase. If you stocked up well, you can make profit.

Speaking of gold. How much do you people actually have? After reading about all these gold capped players I am starting to get worried that i wont be able to by shit with my 150k.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    If you still want to do garrisons, do the following:

-Build a trading post
    -Keep doing your missions (gold missions = GR missions from now on)

You will get A TON of GR off this, as all TH followers become +200% GR followers.

On trading post, you can exchange GR to mats. Wait till Fur is 4 GR per unit, and dump all your GR into it. Then use this Fur to craft bags. You need 1000 fur to craft one bag using only Fur (and the cooldown skip recipe + primal spirits to support it)

Or just get it off the auction house. Plenty of players will do this, thus fur will become extremely cheap (and so will the bags). Come LEGION, people won't bother with fur anymore, bag prices will increase. If you stocked up well, you can make profit.
    that merchent is going away in the pre-patch, so no you wont be able to turn your garrison resources into gold bags, or crafting mats, look 6 posts above you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Speaking of gold. How much do you people actually have? After reading about all these gold capped players I am starting to get worried that i wont be able to by shit with my 150k.
    2 mil, but i also have 2 years of game time all with gold, and just put a 150k bid on the deathchargers reins on my servers BMAH

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Prices for necessary stuff settle around what anybody can buy, and most players don't have more than ~100k. If you play normally, you'll never be too poor to buy enchants, gems or flasks.

Huge fortunes only raise the price of mounts, tokens and general vanity items. But that's what the BMAH is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    You need 1000 fur to craft one bag using only Fur (and the cooldown skip recipe + primal spirits to support it)
    It takes me (with an installed level 100 tailor-follower) 5 fur to make 4 cloth. Multiply that by 25 to get enough cloth for the bag, and that's 125 fur.

Using just fur, without a follower, I think it'd take 5 fur to make 1 cloth, meaning at most it would take 500 fur to make a bag.

Though I'm sleep-addled, so my math could be off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    that merchent is going away in the pre-patch, so no you wont be able to turn your garrison resources into gold bags, or crafting mats, look 6 posts above you
    Are you sure about that? Because all I read was that they're taking away the two loot bags. No reason to take away the other stuff, as it's only useful for making old gear. Even the bags aren't that important, what with all the stuff that's going away (transmog collection, tabard collection, more stuff becoming toys, etc.).

I noticed that the follower upgrades sell for a lot less on the PTR, so it would be a good idea to sell any leftover upgrades before it goes live