Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Foster's? I bet it's Foster's in preperation for your new overlords.
    Id definately support our new trade friends and buy a fosters yea !!!

You can support your trade friends with a bag of salt xc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    is this thread still going?

the result was to leave, all other comments on here are worthless.
    While that is true, would it be a good compromise if the thread got renamed "When will the UK leave the EU, if ever?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lynseyvw View Post
    Id definately support our new trade friends and buy a fosters yea !!!

You can support your trade friends with a bag of salt xc
    I said overlords, not trade friends. What even is a trade friend? Is that a schoolmate who has some pokemon card you don't have yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    As much as I'd like this to be true Skroe I think you might be a tad preemptive here. It's a German news outlet saying something not even the BBC has said yet.

This is the closest relevant article and it certainly isn't saying anything like the German one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-36800536
    What German one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Theresa May and Nicola Sturgeon = best buddies.

Scotland will come along for the global trade ride.

Screw article 50. We will leave the EU dangling for as long as we like haha

- - - Updated - - -

UK winner !!!!

Dont be salty.

Hate leads to anger.....etc etc xx
    Lynsey you're not the smartest poster on MMO-C are you?
    UK is known to be the new America, by making a complete fool out himself. Don't be proud of your nation racism. It will lead you to great victory for sure. *Cough*
    Have fun dealing with loads of extra costs because you want to be a special snowflake and run away from todays problems instead of helping eachother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, UK could try to negotiate with australia, but as soon it starts, it violates EU law. It's a dangerous gamble, because such trade agreements are not written in a week while in the same time EU will kick your ass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Ok, UK could try to negotiate with australia, but as soon it starts, it violates EU law. It's a dangerous gamble, because such trade agreements are not written in a week while in the same time EU will kick your ass.
    No. The UK is free to negotiate any trade deals that it wishes, and the EU can do nothing about it.

However, the UK can only sign the new trade treaties upon the completion of Brexit.

It makes perfect sense for the UK to negotiate such deals now, and during the Brexit period, so that the new trade deals can be signed into law on the same day the UK's EU membership expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    No. The UK is free to negotiate any trade deals that it wishes, and the EU can do nothing about it.

However, the UK can only sign the new trade treaties upon the completion of Brexit.

It makes perfect sense for the UK to negotiate such deals now, and during the Brexit period, so that the new trade deals can be signed into law on the same day the UK's EU membership expires.
    I'm pretty sure that is not correct. Press pieces such as http://www.cityam.com/244340/eu-refe...xit-strike-new make it clear that they cannot even negotiate anything until they leave. Including, crucially, they deal they want with the EU.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post

I don't think the UK is allowed to do that, nor any other EU country for that matter. Besides negotiating a deal now, before leaving, is just silly because you would not know the terms of the deal with the EU and this, in turn, could affect any deal the UK would try to get with third parties.

Thinking that the EU would just bend to the UK is wishful thinking at best.

Deleted
    Nope.

The people do not get a voice in that scenario.
    Why would the people need a vote ? - The puppet has, both of its own mind, and of its masters mind, always stifled all integration on this area to preserve Nato.

Us Brits sniffed a rat.
    no you were paranoid and delusional both about the EU and your leaders.
    The only way to hit the EU and prevent the situation from progressing was to pull our leaders out.
    Thereby letting the parties in EU that are in favour of it proceed without you?

- - - Updated - - -

Awwww cute.

Britain's strong trade links will crush the euro.

And this time we will see strong immigrants from Asia and Australia amongst many others instead of the shits that currently infect London and try to change our culture, laws, women, meat, etc etc

Goodbye terrorism.

Not to be like that, but from where in the EU does your Muslims come from? -

- - - Updated - - -

Praise Farage for instigating a situation where terrorism is deported from Britain and replaced with Asians and Australians.

God bless Theresa May and cabinet for sticking two fingers up to the EU and pacing along with global trade talks.
    Since when the fuck are the Poles Terrorists?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    What German one?
    This one.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/bu...?eid=1.2714688

At least I think it's in German :S. Translation appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    This one.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/bu...?eid=1.2714688

At least I think it's in German :S. Translation appreciated.
    that's dutch, or rather: flemish

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post

for the curious here: the BE top level domains indicates Belgium.

Deleted
    for the curious here: the BE top level domains indicates Belgium.
    Most people probably have zero clue that the last 2 letters represent a country code, they see shit like "youtu.be" and think it's part of the domain name.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Flemish? FLEMISH!? Well I guess it's content will remain a mystery then :P.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Flemish? FLEMISH!? Well I guess it's content will remain a mystery then :P.
    if you are fluent in german, you can guess most of written flemish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Most people probably have zero clue that the last 2 letters represent a country code, they see shit like "youtu.be" and think it's part of the domain name.
    ok, the youtu.be thing is of course a brilliant idea. same für websites ending in .TV ( which is not television, but Tuvalu).

No. The EU 27 member states are far too busy self-pwning to get any kind of organized strategy going. The EU is falling apart. The UK was the first to leave, but it won't be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Okay genius. Talk me through how your amazing "keep the terrorists out of the UK" plan would work if Scotland is still in the EU, with free movement of people.
    How do you work out that Scotland will remain in the EU? There's no chance of that. Scotland is part of the UK and voted to remain part of the UK, and they did so in the knowledge that the UK would hold a referendum on EU membership. You can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarion View Post
    How do you work out that Scotland will remain in the EU? There's no chance of that. Scotland is part of the UK and voted to remain part of the UK, and they did so in the knowledge that the UK would hold a referendum on EU membership. You can't have it both ways.
    That was the gist of the link that I was responding to; that there was a scenario that could exist where Scotland could, somehow, stay as part of both the EU and the UK. Don't ask me how that would even work, ask the guy who wrote the article (or the guy that linked to it).
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I think it is good for UK.
    There are too many free loaders in EU.

Even UK doesn't leave, EU will get a huge recession sooner or later.
    UK will feel the pain at that time.

if you are fluent in german, you can guess most of written flemish.
    I'm so fluent in German I mistook Flemish for German.