Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Brexit proves to be a winner for Britain and the World. Future of the EU though?

Global trade opportunities are picking up for Britain. Scotland looks to be seated in a very nice position too.

This is great news for vote leavers.

As a Brit, i welcome our new Australian trade partners and cant wait to experience some bush tucker over a fosters.

What about the EU though? It weakens as we speak. Is it doomed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36818055

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-36819182

Deleted
    Thought you'd gone the pub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynseyvw View Post
    Global trade opportunities are picking up for Britain. Scotland looks to be seated in a very nice position too.

This is great news for vote leavers.

As a Brit, i welcome our new Australian trade partners and cant wait to experience some bush tucker over a fosters.

What about the EU though? It weakens as we speak. Is it doomed?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36818055

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...itics-36819182
    I'll give ya some bushtucker mate

Yes the EU is doomed and has been for a while. Even your white knight, George Soros is playing the EU for profit over backing gold.
    The EU was all good before it started to become a dictatorship but then the people in power were bribed with millions to make the globalism ideal a reality. While there are plenty of useful idiots/millennials the majority of people do not want their homelands ruined by what the EU wants to achieve.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Deleted
    Turns out the world and Europe will stay connected. It's just it wont be on some EU beurocrats terms but each on their own.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    well, UK can have deals with EU, but would lose all benefits. their own citizens are third class ones in EU territory then. No way UK can handle EU citizens like pestilence ridden strangers and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Nah.
    The most likely outcome is that the UK will still have to listen to everything the EU tells it, but that they just lost any and all representation
    Brexit was nothing but the UK neutering itself politically and economically, no matter how hard people will try to pretend that leaving the EU was or could ever be a good thing (or even possible without major self-destruction).
    As opposed to the fantastic representation we had in the EU where we disagreed 71 times and was voted down 71 times. Our representation in the EU was always just an illusion. We are much better off leaving. Maybe hard for a few years but then we will be in a better position.

Nah.

The most likely outcome is that the UK will still have to listen to everything the EU tells it, but that they just lost any and all representation.

Brexit was nothing but the UK neutering itself politically and economically, no matter how hard people will try to pretend that leaving the EU was or could ever be a good thing (or even possible without major self-destruction).
    I think you're missing the fact that France could very well end up putting FN in charge upon the next election. And in Austria, a very far right wing man almost become president (and in fact, a reelection is taking place since the former was apparently rigged: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...van-der-bellen)

And then we have Eastern Europe, no longer so obedient.
    The EU ministry council, and people like you, have delusions of grandeur. They haven't heretofore realized that in many countries, aside from just Britain, the people are turning against them.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    well, UK can have deals with EU, but would lose all benefits. their own citizens are third class ones in EU territory then. No way UK can handle EU citizens like pestilence ridden strangers and get away with it.
    This all sounds good and proper except for one thing, we sell more than we buy to the EU so if EU wants to play hard ball and stick expensive tariffs on us then we will do the same and EU will suffer more than we will. Only difference is the EU is stuck in a downward economic spiral. Thats what happens when your economic policy is one of protectionism, it stifles competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing will change. You'll get a Non-Brexit Brexit, where you still need to listen to all the same rules and laws the EU makes for you, but no more voice at the table. Your politicians and business leaders don't want it any other way.
    Lol, we will see, lets let history see who wins.

Deleted
    Oh Australia! That's great!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    This all sounds good and proper except for one thing, we sell more than we buy to the EU so if EU wants to play hard ball and stick expensive tariffs on us then we will do the same and EU will suffer more than we will. Only difference is the EU is stuck in a downward economic spiral. Thats what happens when your economic policy is one of protectionism, it stifles competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, we will see, lets let history see who wins.
    You think in a war of tariffs between UK and EU... EU is at a loss?!?

Deleted
    This all sounds good and proper except for one thing, we sell more than we buy to the EU so if EU wants to play hard ball
    13% of UK GDP comes from exports to the EU.
    3% of the EU's comes from exports to the UK.
    Which party has the better negotiation position?

Deleted
    You do know you could have had those "new trade opportunities" without burning bridges, right?

If you sell more than you buy wouldn't an effective tradeban hurt you more than them?
    I remember that some EU members complaint that germany did just that. Sell more than buying.

What we really need is a deal with an economy of comparable size to the EU. China or the US. The trouble with negotiating those deals is that in those cases they have the upper hand in a very big way.

Australia is a nice bonus, and could hopefully pave the way for a commonwealth trade zone, but trade with Australia isn't as valuable or geographically convenient as trade with EU nations.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no Brexit, you are still in the EU. Of course things go okay now. Who would have thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    As opposed to the fantastic representation we had in the EU where we disagreed 71 times and was voted down 71 times. Our representation in the EU was always just an illusion. We are much better off leaving. Maybe hard for a few years but then we will be in a better position.
    Sounds to me representation works just fine, the majority decided to do something, the minority position failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Sounds to me representation works just fine, the majority decided to do something, the minority position failed.
    It's just that country which used to control big parts of world now is just minority in whole European Union.

If you guys have such a hard on for the brexit, then how comes that you delay the paperwork to actually fuck off?

10+ Year Old Account
    I astounds me that we turned our back to the commonwealth of nations, that is where our best friends are, there, in the US of course (not under the current leadership I'll concede) and in Israel. Europe seems determined to self destruct at the moment, I can't say I feel the slightest bit like joining them in their self harming agenda.

I must admit I'm enjoying watch the elite and their puppets squeal at the mo.

The UK's best days are ahead of her, if the EU loving doomsayers don't like it they should move to an EU nation before it's too late.
    Last edited by Muadiib; 2016-07-17 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob View Post
    It's just that country which used to control big parts of world now is just minority in whole European Union.
    No empire lasts forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't these trade opportunities the same ones they had as part of the EU?

Also, how has Brexit "proven" anything? They haven't left yet.

Trade deal with Australia is nowhere near as important as the trade deals with the EU. You will have to abide to EU rules anyway but have lost all your say in the matter. Scotland will leave little britain. Sorry bud.