Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhiosis View Post
    Yeah this is more or less what I concluded too. Shame the beta doesn't have pvp dummies to test this sort of thing on.

My takeaway from the whole thing is that coFrag is pretty damn awesome, and much more effective the higher their health is.
    Sure there are pvp dummies, they're all over durotar and elwynn forest

One thing I've been curious about: Is the critical strike damage multiplier in PvP still 150%? I've been thinking about how that might be impacting the balance between Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn, and if that might be one of the reasons feedback on PvP Chaos Bolts has been so poor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    One thing I've been curious about: Is the critical strike damage multiplier in PvP still 150%? I've been thinking about how that might be impacting the balance between Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn, and if that might be one of the reasons feedback on PvP Chaos Bolts has been so poor.
    Yes.

And yes it's fucking stupid.

Okay, so I got beta today so I could test some things... I had originally spotted some strange behavior of Essence Drain on the PTR, and saw the same behaviour so did some more testing.

Drain Life does not heal if the damage is absorbed by shields. This means that it also doesn't trigger essence drain. Additionally, if you are on full health it also doesn't trigger Essence Drain regardless of shields on the target.

Siphon Life doesn't heal if the damage is absorbed by shields.

Both of those effects (especially drain life with essence drain) feels very unintuitive, and will be a nightmare to balance for PvP.

Sadly Soul Siphon still doesn't work... But to work around the bug/"feature" mentioned above, you can drain life your soul effigy. You won't do as much damage as if you drained the main target, nor trigger Essence Drain, but you will at least receive the full heal. I posted bug reports both ingame an on the official forums, and had the warlock I tested with post it on the US aff warlock legion feedback.

I'm in love with demo in pvp. Implosion bombs are fun.

You can't empower the Fel Lord, or can you drain his health for use with TKC. But he is amazing if fighting melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Exijin View Post
    Okay, so I got beta today so I could test some things... I had originally spotted some strange behavior of Essence Drain on the PTR, and saw the same behaviour so did some more testing.

Drain Life does not heal if the damage is absorbed by shields. This means that it also doesn't trigger essence drain. Additionally, if you are on full health it also doesn't trigger Essence Drain regardless of shields on the target.

Siphon Life doesn't heal if the damage is absorbed by shields.

Both of those effects (especially drain life with essence drain) feels very unintuitive, and will be a nightmare to balance for PvP.

Sadly Soul Siphon still doesn't work... But to work around the bug/"feature" mentioned above, you can drain life your soul effigy. You won't do as much damage as if you drained the main target, nor trigger Essence Drain, but you will at least receive the full heal. I posted bug reports both ingame an on the official forums, and had the warlock I tested with post it on the US aff warlock legion feedback.
    I feel soul siphon ( even if fixed) is still a horrible talent, 8 sec UA ( less with haste) means you barely have time to do much else besides having to reapply constantly and if you pick rot and decay then there is no point in taking soul siphon anyways, blizz should really take a look at our last 2 tiers since right now everyone is running everlasting affliction/ amplify afflictions.

Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    I'm in love with demo in pvp. Implosion bombs are fun.

You can't empower the Fel Lord, or can you drain his health for use with TKC. But he is amazing if fighting melee.
    Yeah it's great. But use it sparingly, if used with Casting Circle, it can be a trap sometimes as you can't tank that much melee just standing there.

Deleted
    Destro is damn powerful damage dealing machine in the pre-patch. The SB spec is ridiculous. I'm not gonna go over it too much people can try it for themselves. I run SB, Cata, Demon Skin, Soul Harvest, Sac and Soul Conduit.

I hope they make CB do more damage in PVP tbh, this spec is 60% on average of your damage with Shadowburn. It's effective but just stupid. 70% of damage in Battlegrounds is Sac and Shadowburn haha. But I definitely see the potential in Destro. I except with balance and artifact CB to be the best damage button but Shadowburn is going to help so much when those pesky melees are on your face or your target is fleeing.

And the most important thing for me, the mastery atleast feels like fun. It's not like WOD or Mists Affliction where you need MG and Haunt etc for Dots to do real damage. Right now it feels like it's when you roll low it still feels like you're doing okay damage but boy oh boy when it rolls high shit goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    Destro is damn powerful damage dealing machine in the pre-patch. The SB spec is ridiculous. I'm not gonna go over it too much people can try it for themselves. I run SB, Cata, Demon Skin, Soul Harvest, Sac and Soul Conduit.

I hope they make CB do more damage in PVP tbh, this spec is 60% on average of your damage with Shadowburn. It's effective but just stupid. 70% of damage in Battlegrounds is Sac and Shadowburn haha. But I definitely see the potential in Destro. I except with balance and artifact CB to be the best damage button but Shadowburn is going to help so much when those pesky melees are on your face or your target is fleeing.

And the most important thing for me, the mastery atleast feels like fun. It's not like WOD or Mists Affliction where you need MG and Haunt etc for Dots to do real damage. Right now it feels like it's when you roll low it still feels like you're doing okay damage but boy oh boy when it rolls high shit goes down.
    Why would you pick cata over mana tap for this build ? the whole point of a SB build is the mobility and instant casts, cataclysm's cast time is abysmal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Why would you pick cata over mana tap for this build ? the whole point of a SB build is the mobility and instant casts, cataclysm's cast time is abysmal.
    Just because I like the spell so much Great in BG's for some burst and spreading the immolates.

I feel soul siphon ( even if fixed) is still a horrible talent, 8 sec UA ( less with haste) means you barely have time to do much else besides having to reapply constantly and if you pick rot and decay then there is no point in taking soul siphon anyways, blizz should really take a look at our last 2 tiers since right now everyone is running everlasting affliction/ amplify afflictions.
    You use RnD and make a macro to drain life the soul effigy... Get two shards, dumrp 1 on effigy, 1 on main target, and drain the effigy. Using that drain to refresh UA on the effigy (and the other dots on it too ofc). The rest of the shards you would dump into the main target. You wouldn't drain the main targets, as it would reset the UA damage. You will be getting a ton of shards, and since you can't drain the main target, you probably want to have casting circle. Every 3 sec (+ normal soul regen) you would dump a new UA into the main target. Not saying that it will be optimal in all situations, but it's definately something to consider.

You use RnD and make a macro to drain life the soul effigy... Get two shards, dumrp 1 on effigy, 1 on main target, and drain the effigy. Using that drain to refresh UA on the effigy (and the other dots on it too ofc). The rest of the shards you would dump into the main target. You wouldn't drain the main targets, as it would reset the UA damage. You will be getting a ton of shards, and since you can't drain the main target, you probably want to have casting circle. Every 3 sec (+ normal soul regen) you would dump a new UA into the main target. Not saying that it will be optimal in all situations, but it's definately something to consider.
    Yeah I've thought about that, it seems strong but a bit of a hassle in arena, besides you'll never be able to keep effigy up in arenas coz it's dispellable, no idea if it's designed that way on purpose but effigy not being a physical debuff is a tad silly.

Deleted
    How do you guys reckon Destro is looking for RBG's? I think there is some very real potential but I could very well see a situation where you'll be passed for an Affli lock. But a talent build with FnB, Cata, Sac, and Wreak Havoc or Soul Conduit both really have their plusses with PVP talent Fel Fissure (Chaos Bolt leaves dot in the ground to aoe and REDUCES all healing to targets by 50% in x amount of yards for 10 sec).

The range is small on Fel Fissure but on RBG's you'll be able to hit them at the very least on 2 targets per bolt and even more in BG's like EOTS and 50% reduced healing is just goddamn powerful. Combined with Incinerate cleaving like a mofo and Sac dealing the deepz I could see Destro as a real contender for top dog in RBG. And of course dat Curse of Frag.

EDIT: Although that would require making Chaos Bolt actually worth casting. Would not surprise me one bit that they nerf Shadowburn to oblivion and let shitty Chaos Bolt remain as it is. Casting seven minutes for a nuke that hits less than Affli haunt is just so unrewarding. CB used to be this thing when you casted it shit was about to go down. You loved it on your Lock and feared it on your different characters. Now it's just run of the mill nuke that costs two shards and hits for ''meh, not bad but not good'' damage.
    Last edited by mmoc1ce6837a88; 2016-07-24 at 04:43 AM.

Yeah I've thought about that, it seems strong but a bit of a hassle in arena, besides you'll never be able to keep effigy up in arenas coz it's dispellable, no idea if it's designed that way on purpose but effigy not being a physical debuff is a tad silly.
    Well. Here's the thing though. If you dump the UA on the target of the soul effigy, it might be very questionable to dispel it in the first place. I've also found out (from dueling assassination on the pre-patch and trying to figure out how to survive) that you can cast Soul Effigy while silenced. Give you something to do during the Garrote silence.

- - - Updated - - -

Spent like 2 hours testing more aff PvP today on the Beta - Mostly against several Rogues. It feels like you definately can win against them, and there's outplay potential from both sides. However, I discovered a gamebreaking bug, though I have no idea what causes it.

More then half the time, I'd be inclined to say close to 3/4 of the time, the artifact trait "Sweet Souls" doesn't trigger. This often leave you at 50% health instead of full health, which quickly result in your death.

I've reported this bug both ingame and on the eu legion forums.

Well. Here's the thing though. If you dump the UA on the target of the soul effigy, it might be very questionable to dispel it in the first place. I've also found out (from dueling assassination on the pre-patch and trying to figure out how to survive) that you can cast Soul Effigy while silenced. Give you something to do during the Garrote silence.

- - - Updated - - -

Spent like 2 hours testing more aff PvP today on the Beta - Mostly against several Rogues. It feels like you definately can win against them, and there's outplay potential from both sides. However, I discovered a gamebreaking bug, though I have no idea what causes it.

More then half the time, I'd be inclined to say close to 3/4 of the time, the artifact trait "Sweet Souls" doesn't trigger. This often leave you at 50% health instead of full health, which quickly result in your death.

I've reported this bug both ingame and on the eu legion forums.
    I see your point , though this seems tailored towards 1v1 , doubt u'll have the time to do this in anything outside duels as the maintenance of multi target with an 8 sec UA and effigy dotting becomes frustrating if not impossible to keep up.

I see your point , though this seems tailored towards 1v1 , doubt u'll have the time to do this in anything outside duels as the maintenance of multi target with an 8 sec UA and effigy dotting becomes frustrating if not impossible to keep up.
    Well, you can easily replace soul effigy with a secondary/third target in arena that you swap drain life on for dots, and on the last (2nd/third target) you stack up the UA. It feels most reasonable to have something like, drain a dps for the essence drain effect against you, stack ua on healer. In arena then you can go with either phantom or soul conduit rather then soul effigy.
    Last edited by Exijin; 2016-07-24 at 10:38 PM.

Well, you can easily replace soul effigy with a secondary/third target in arena that you swap drain life on for dots, and on the last (2nd/third target) you stack up the UA. It feels most reasonable to have something like, drain a dps for the essence drain effect against you, stack ua on healer. In arena then you can go with either phantom or soul conduit rather then soul effigy.
    I tried the effigy + soul siphon build, doesn't seem that great tbh, it works one 1 target, but anything more becomes a hassle and it would cripple your mobility.

Honestly I think locks are very strong, I fear the nerf bat is coming.

I tried the effigy + soul siphon build, doesn't seem that great tbh, it works one 1 target, but anything more becomes a hassle and it would cripple your mobility.

Honestly I think locks are very strong, I fear the nerf bat is coming.
    They made soul siphon work properly now? Gonna have to try it myself. Though something I noticed as aff during BG's is that it's very.... Interesting trying to secure a kill on someone. They just run from you and all you can do is run after with no slows or anything and spam your instant dots. I wouldn't expect more due to out tankiness, but it's a very different experience to have no slows or ways to stop someone running.

They made soul siphon work properly now? Gonna have to try it myself. Though something I noticed as aff during BG's is that it's very.... Interesting trying to secure a kill on someone. They just run from you and all you can do is run after with no slows or anything and spam your instant dots. I wouldn't expect more due to out tankiness, but it's a very different experience to have no slows or ways to stop someone running.
    If they are running from you it means they're scared shitless, just go stand at an objective and if they are still running then collect points ?

Do we rly need to be able to chase someone, I mean I'm fine with us being tanky and slow.

Deleted
    If they are running from you it means they're scared shitless, just go stand at an objective and if they are still running then collect points ?

Do we rly need to be able to chase someone, I mean I'm fine with us being tanky and slow.
    This is absolutely hilarious, and true. I'm having lots of fun doing all those random ABs and BfGs where people, upon seeing a lonely warlock picking daisies near a flag, sometimes wait and run back and forth waiting for 2-3 friends to come help them. And the hilarious warriors and DKs who still didn't get the memo and just grip you or pop cd's and charge you, expecting to nuke you down in 3 seconds, bless their souls. This is so, so good.

Although... the only class I've seen so far that's really capable of actually bursting me properly is some kind of rogue, Assassination? They *really* hurt, compared to the other melee boys.