Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Although if Torb is standing out of sight hammering his turret it's pretty impossible for one person to handle.
    Then he will take the AOE damage from Junk/Pharah while trying to fix the turret. And his 50 or what ever heal every hit is lower than most damage you will dish out on the turret.

I honestly don't get why people have such a huge problem with this thing.

You can also just get a tank to soak up the damage while any damage dealer destroys it in seconds, and if Torbjørn is standing there trying to repair it, kill him as well. Fuck, just charge the thing as Reinhardt and laugh at Torbjørn while you smack him down with your hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    i guess Torb is afking k good counter

Junkrat requires Torb to be afk to be a effective counter
    No he doesn't, and that just shows the type of Torb you are... The one that sits behind his turret permanently until ulti is up like a coward.

Add to that you think the only hero in game that can LOS the turrets all day long and kill both them and the Daish type Torbs stood behind it isn't a counter says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This is the shit that pisses me off about Torb's turret: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...bjorn_turrets/

People should not be getting shot from across the map with no chance to even react. Sure, he can be countered, but there needs to be some fix to its lock on and accuracy.

Buff something else of Torb's to compensate, don't care. But turrets should not be doing that.
    So Torb's turrent took her 4hp.
    What the gif doesn't show is Pharah on the left hand platform (To the turret that killed her) before all of the gif even happened shooting rockets at it in the first place.
    Instead she probably flew right in the middle of the point getting owned by turrets, then tried to hide behind the wall and get the HP.

If the turret had a lock on time you could quite easily kill it without it ever shooting back.
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-07-17 at 02:55 PM.

Really it is easy to counter the turret by communicating and changing heroes.

The only thing I have a problem with on the turret is its range seems excessive.
    I'd take it down by 10 yards, but hey, it's not my game. The guys running this game do an excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Well it's not a clone so :P
    Misusing the word "clone" as so many other memers do
    Well, it is, so.... stfu. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    "I can't outsmart and easy to kill Ai controlled contraption."

I think the answer you'll find here is "git gud."
    On some maps, good luck outsmarting the turrets while the other team pounces at you.

It doesn't work on every maps, but on some maps turrets are overpowered.

The maps where you have overpowered turrets placement spots are (you can't handle them if the other team provides backup to their tojborn/bastion) :

- Hanamura,
    - Temple of Anubis,
    - Volskaya Industries

Those maps already have very strong defensive setups for the defending team. With a few turrets on top of that it makes attacking a very difficult endeavor (eg the attacking team must really be way much more skilled than the defensive one to overcome the map).
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-07-17 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Well, it is, so.... stfu. :P
    Yup TF2 has 21 heroes on launch too huh? Sick clone. Shut up :P People dont know the meaning.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'll say is that a 40 metres range on a turret is BS, if the damn thing is able to snipe you from this doorway on one of the Lijang CPs without drop off then there is something wrong.

I mean that distance is nearly half the map's size and a turret really shouldn't be subing into Widowmaker's job. It's meant to be locking down small areas with heavy firepower not taking down other players before they even enter the area or other turrets being set up on outside ledges. Granted this was a game that I had been loaded into after the red team already had one CP under their belt and we were forced into attacking from the left side of the building as the turret was sniping us as we ran out from the upper entrance to the area and the other players had the garden and right side of the map secure. Irregardless that distance is still stupidly far for a turret that auto aims and has no drop off on it's bullets.

Also it's not only on Lijang, it can snipe you on most of the other maps as well if positioned correctly. e.g. from near the sign nearby the first checkpoint on route 66 pointing towards the player spawn and either of the ledges next to the CP in Kingsrow. An additional gripe would be that it shouldn't be able to detect you behind it until you start shooting at it but that can be ignored.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I really wonder why people still cry and whine about turrets.

Genji, Pharah, Junkrat, S76, Zenyatta, Hanzo, etc....basically anyone who can do good damage at long range, can destroy turrets super easily. They only have 250hp and Torb can only repair them I think 60hp every second.

Furthermore, level 1 turrets are super easy to kill and don't do much damage.

Even furthermore, if the turret is damaged, then Torb can't upgrade it. So if you keep hitting a level 1 turret, he can repair it, but it won't get any upgrade progress.

Really, turrets are way weaker than the whiners make them out to be.

I usually just pick S76 if the enemy got a Torbjørn, pop a healing zone, and rocket + some autos and the turret is dead. If Torbjørn decide to stand there and try to fix it, it usually means I get him as well.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    I usually just pick S76 if the enemy got a Torbjørn, pop a healing zone, and rocket + some autos and the turret is dead. If Torbjørn decide to stand there and try to fix it, it usually means I get him as well.
    Sorry but this thread is about 1v7 scenarios where you alone must take out a Torbjorn and his turret plus an entire team, and that's why it's OP.

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    Sorry but this thread is about 1v7 scenarios where you alone must take out a Torbjorn and his turret plus an entire team, and that's why it's OP.
    You mean...enemy teams are hard to kill when they work together?

Teamwork is OP, pls nerf blizz

If they removed turrets, you'd just be in here whining about shields and then they'd remove tanks, too. But then long range shots would be too OP, so bye-bye Hanzo and Widowmaker. Eventually Overwatch would be called Mei vs. Genji.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    If they removed turrets, you'd just be in here whining about shields and then they'd remove tanks, too. But then long range shots would be too OP, so bye-bye Hanzo and Widowmaker. Eventually Overwatch would be called Mei vs. Genji.
    And then Mei would be removed, because Genji can't reflect her freeze. So then it would only be Genji vs Genji.

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    I feel like this is sarcasm. Is it sarcasm? Why would you 1v7 a turret? If that's the case this forum is just dumb. Like saying Rein's OP because I can't kill him with his shield up when it's just me and his whole team behind him.

Again... the problem is AI, not diversity and skills of individual players

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukem View Post
    Again... the problem is AI, not diversity and skills of individual players
    I dunno, kinda sounds like the problem to me. There's countless ways to counter those turrets, to the point I find Torbjorn an actual hindrance if they're on my team.

When you have a torb on attack...

I dunno, kinda sounds like the problem to me. There's countless ways to counter those turrets, to the point I find Torbjorn an actual hindrance if they're on my team.
    well, countering turrets depends heavily on map and team (just play, not so much on setup).
    If you have competent Tank and healer the turrets get non issue, if you lack those, well placed turret becomes serious problem as its very hard to counter 1v1

This is a hard topic to have a certain opinion for me. I see what your point is but at the same time once that turret is destroyed torbjorn is pretty weak and can be killed easily. But the turret does automatically shoot someone at incredible ranges which doesn't take any aim skill since it aims automatically. I guess they should nerf the turrets range if anything.

I agree the range on the turret is a bit absurd. 100% accuracy at the range of a sniper with auto-lock on and 0 delay. Something needs to be changed about it.