Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire ShadowofVashj's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In the basement of Oribos playing cards with fellow Ebon Knights and Cartel members.

Florida Man Shoots at Teens Playing Pokemon Go

Source: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36818384

Two teenagers playing Pokemon Go late at night in their car in Florida were shot at by a householder who mistook them for burglars, police say.
    The man said he shot at their car after they refused to stop when he challenged them on Saturday. They were not hurt.
    He said that earlier he had heard the pair say "did you get anything"?
    Police in Florida have used the incident as an opportunity to issue guidelines for teenagers and parents on safely playing the game.
    Why UK police say Pokemon Go helped fight crime
    Police say they received a call from the parents of one of the teenagers when it was noticed later that bullets had caused a flat tyre, News4jax reported.
    The parent said the teenagers did not realise they were being shot at, and thought that the man was only trying to scare them.
    The guidelines issues by the Flagler County Sheriff's Office include best practice tips for Pokemon Go players. They advise players to:
    Be alert at all times and stay aware of their surroundings
    Not to drive, ride a bike or skateboard while playing
    Not to trespass, or go on to private property while playing
    Be aware of "Pokestops" where players could fall victim to crime
    So I know a lot of careless things are happening with Pokemon go (people driving into trees, etc) and we're basically going back to "cell phone" education (don't do things while distracted, etc) and that's all fine and good, but what bothers me about this is that this is clearly victim blaming. I mean, we have to release guidelines for Pokemon Go but we can't release guidelines for PROPER FIREARM USAGE.

Meanwhile a few more cops got executed in Baton Rouge. So guns are really doing a great job protecting those good guys. We clearly do not have a gun problem here in the US. We should all just join the NRA to save us.

Deleted
    So the guy shoots at them, and they want to release guidelines for Pokemon GO. ...... What the hell?

So they were in a car.. on the road.. not in someone's house.. and somehow the problem isn't that he decided he had the authority to stop and frisk them, and shot at them when they didn't comply with crazy gunman, but pokego?

Okay.

I could see if they were on someone's property but sitting in a car on the street? That guy should be in jail for attempted murder.

Florida Man, World's Worst Gym Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Wasn't Orlong demanding we'd shoot people playing Pokemon GO?
    Have we finally revealed the secret identity of Florida Man? Has he been Orlong all along?

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Have we finally revealed the secret identity of Florida Man? Has he been Orlong all along?
    And no one was surprised .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    So the guy shoots at them, and they want to release guidelines for Pokemon GO. ...... What the hell?
    Yeah this pretty much.

I love the general reaction by "adults"(generally referring to people in positions of authority) that people playing games on their phones must have deserved whatever happened to them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    First of all, this "Pokemon GO" craze is fucking retarded. Ah. I feel better. Back on point, they're not burglars unless they're in your house, so he should be arrested. That said, the bit about "victim blaming" is a bit inane. If something happens because you're not paying attention to what you're doing, it is your fault. The last bit is irrelevant drivel.

if he was on his property that was a properly used firearm
    pokeman tresspassed because he was stupid.....bullet deserved

Do these pokemon go players just walk anywhere with no regards to things like private property or the fact that the area they are walking in could potentially be dangerous?

Not saying they deserved to be shot at either but it seems like a dumb situation to get yourself in.

You knew this was going to happen. I'm just glad no one was hurt.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Do these pokemon go players just walk anywhere with no regards to things like private property or the fact that the area they are walking in could potentially be dangerous?

Not saying they deserved to be shot at either but it seems like a dumb situation to get yourself in.
    They were in their car on the street. It's not like they were on anyone's property.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    First of all, this "Pokemon GO" craze is fucking retarded. Ah. I feel better. Back on point, they're not burglars unless they're in your house, so he should be arrested. That said, the bit about "victim blaming" is a bit inane. If something happens because you're not paying attention to what you're doing, it is your fault. The last bit is irrelevant drivel.
    So if some crazy fuck comes running at you with a gun and you don't notice, its your fault? Some grade A logic there pal. Also "hurr durr pokemon go sucks", meanwhile people having been crushing rows of internet candy and no one says anything, a game come along that makes people go outside, exercise and socialize and they wanna rabble rabble rabble about it. We know, being a contrarian is fun, no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    if he was on his property that was a properly used firearm
    pokeman tresspassed because he was stupid.....bullet deserved
    They were in their car on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post

They were driving in the street in a car.

Is this a joke post? Are they not allowed to be in the car with one of them having pokego up? Is the STREET private property?

smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    dude.. its Florida.. don't tell me your trying to rationalize Florida, your give yourself a brain hemorrhage trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Indeed. Obviously, they were just asking to be shot at...leaving the house pokemoning like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    They were in their car on the street. It's not like they were on anyone's property.
    Ah my bad, read through the story too quick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    dude.. its Florida.. don't tell me your trying to rationalize Florida, your give yourself a brain hemorrhage trying.
    Guess I'm too naive to think anything else. :c