Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Uh, nah, that doesn't really make my "argument moot" (I wasn't making any "argument").
    You're saying there's no better way to cut a trailer for the movie than what they did basically, but you're wrong. There's the PAX trailer which is fucking amazing, so I guess what I meant to say was: your post is wrong. Does that sit better with you? Semantics are fun.
    Last edited by tangocash; 2016-07-17 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I think we have talked about this before, but... lets just refresh our minds!

Do you think the movie would had done much better domestically if it had better reviews? What if it had been released same day in the US as in most of Europe?

If those things are the cases, maybe if they do a sequel, they should release it same day WW
    Nearly every other blockbuster had better domestic numbers than Warcraft.

47 Million USD is not hard to top.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Unless it had had amazing reviews, which honestly it didn't deserve either, I think it would have done similarly. The marketing was poor, the "videogame movie" tag was all over the place and the very WoW fans were scared to be seen watching the movie.

Had they managed to market it as a new fantasy movie franchise and had the trailers not been awful, it could have done much better.
    Tells you that North American fanboys are too soft to watch Warcraft in theaters. JK

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post

Marketing team.
    Inaccurate. That dog knows how to turn on a computer. He is overqualified to be a part of this particular team.

Just got my Movie book today!

Finely detailed showing the vision of how he movie was supposed to be instead of cut mess that we've got.

Then... I saw this:

That better be a missprint, otherwise somebody's gonna get kicked for this.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2016-07-17 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Uh, nah, that doesn't really make my "argument moot" (I wasn't making any "argument").
    I say you were definitely making an argument and it's indeed moot. Your opinion of the movie matters little in regards of the fact that indeed the PAX trailer was way better than any officially released trailer, both for the content shown and the better music choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    PAX trailer was way better than any officially released trailer
    How the heck it was better? It had the same scenes (including a fake one), same false lines as the original trailer. It was too long to be used as an official trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    How the heck it was better? It had the same scenes (including a fake one), same false lines as the original trailer. It was too long to be used as an official trailer.
    You're in my ignore list, do not even waste time in quoting my posts.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

You know I'd totally would like to hear from someone or an expert as to why the movie did so poorly in the US... who's fault was it? What was the problem?

I just looked up some other movies and they did really well in the US and I am like... then why did Warcraft do so badly? Its really seems weird to me.

And can it be different if there comes a sequel?

It was hardly marketed at all in Canada, i imagine there was probably a similar problem in the US. I didn't see a single ad for the movie until like a day or 2 before it came out. I didn't even see a trailer for it in theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    It was hardly marketed at all in Canada, i imagine there was probably a similar problem in the US. I didn't see a single ad for the movie until like a day or 2 before it came out. I didn't even see a trailer for it in theaters.
    Then it amazes me how people can say the marketing was $110m... how is that even possible? If they didn't see any advertising, then how can it have been $110m?

Also in Denmark it was hardly advertised as well, yet it has been doing decent here among the European countries! As of July 10th the movie has made $1,927,008 in DK! That's really good!
    Last edited by Tornwar; 2016-07-17 at 03:25 PM.

You're in my ignore list, do not even waste time in quoting my posts.
    lol

Someone's having a different opinion! Quick get the ignore list!

You fainbois.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    lol

Someone's having a different opinion! Quick get the ignore list!

You fainbois.
    Oh please, spare me this idiocy. That guy has quite a history here and goes beyond that single post. I decided long ago to put him on ignore since everything he did ranged from trolling, outright lying or being deliberately ignorant.

If anything, mine was a sort-of-friendly reminder that quoting me was a waste of time for him due to his consolidated presence in my ignore list. I could have just literally ignored him and let him do his pointless thing.

Then it amazes me how people can say the marketing was $110m... how is that even possible? If they didn't see any advertising, then how can it have been $110m?

Also in Denmark it was hardly advertised as well, yet it has been doing decent here among the European countries! As of July 10th the movie has made $1,927,008 in DK! That's really good!

Just because the marketing was 110m doesn't mean they spent 110m. It was used to siphon money out of the movie to universal so it would never be profitable. That way you avoid paying % of profit deals. For example Return of the Jedi had a production cost of 32.5M with a box office of $475, and its never turned a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    For example Return of the Jedi had a production cost of 32.5M with a box office of $475, and its never turned a profit.
    Again can someone explain to me why we should even care whether Warcraft turned a profit?! Obviously a sequel can happen for any movie, whether they lost or had a profit!

Again can someone explain to me why we should even care whether Warcraft turned a profit?! Obviously a sequel can happen for any movie, whether they lost or had a profit!
    Being profitable and being officially profitable are two different things. We don't know if Warcraft was profitable, we know it wasn't officially profitable.

Simply put, we won't know for sure until they greenlight a sequel. Any estimations thrown around are pointless.

My example was more to illustrate the pointlessness of taking the movie's official numbers at face value.

If it didn't make money there won't be a sequel. The reason supposedly unprofitable movies do get a sequel is because they indirectly profited the studio in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    he reason supposedly unprofitable movies do get a sequel is because they...
    ...were close but no cigar, and company believed if they shuffle some production variables around it would shot.
    The Warcraft is an abysmal failure, that made about THIRTY percent of its budget in the box office. If that franchise is to continue, it has to be rebooted completely.

- - - Updated - - -

I used [I am the One and Only] as an alarm clock in Moon, and a ring tone in Source Code—and I actually got [Chesney Hawks] to do a version as a bard in Warcraft. —Duncan Jones
    Dear me. And you call this a director? Instead of making more takes and whipping actors into performance he was spending the budget on that.

Your opinion of the movie matters little in regards of the fact
    Your post is quite literally just calling your opinion about a trailer a "fact".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The Warcraft is an abysmal failure, that made about THIRTY percent of its budget in the box office. If that franchise is to continue, it has to be rebooted completely.
    Outright lying is never a good argument, camrip troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Outright lying
    How is it lying?
    Box office @17.07: $47M
    Movie budget: $160M

That is 29,4%.