Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    TBH, if you're just starting at your phone you're doing it wrong - it alerts you when something is near, so the only time you'd need to look was if you were walking to a pokestop.
    It does? I guess there is nothing around my house, because I tried running around with it here and at work and never got an alarm when my phone was on standby. It's time that the weather gets better so I can try it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It does? I guess there is nothing around my house, because I tried running around with it here and at work and never got an alarm when my phone was on standby. It's time that the weather gets better so I can try it properly.
    Well, it can't be closed unless it's through the program itself (requires gyroscope; if you use the pokego battery saver it closes it when held upside down, but will still give alerts. But that's solvable by just keeping a finger on the screen, or turning your idle off. Anytime a pokemon comes within range it vibrates to alert you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be honest constantly looking on your phone is quite .. special.. while doing so. Imho the game would work a lot better in that regard if it had random encounters like the proper nintendo games, and for that matter I'd prefer if the game wouldn't be constantly online. Whenever you encounter something it would notify you, that way you'd conserve battery life and wouldn't be a hindrance to your surroundings for most of the time, but I guess then people might no longer need the mobile cancer features .
    The game has those features. You turn on the battery saver mode, put it in your pocket and it will continue to run and will alert you when something pops up so you can pay attention while walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Don't mind me, I am just bitter that they are taking over everything in my town. :<
    I TOLD you to be team valor Pendra. I wanted you to be a winner

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday a cop pulled up to my buddy and I who were parked on a street trying to catch a Charizard (I caught it). He told us somebody had reported a suspicious vehicle "scoping out" houses and told us to leave after we explained that we were just playing a game. Smh copper just wanted the Charizard to himself

Deleted
    Good, we need more Florida Man ppl

I TOLD you to be team valor Pendra. I wanted you to be a winner
    TBF Team Valor is basically Gary Oak at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    So the guy shoots at them, and they want to release guidelines for Pokemon GO. ...... What the hell?
    Mah gun rights!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Absolutely retarded, dude tries to kill them over his paranoia and what we need is more guidelines for kids and playing the game? Yeah, okay.
    Let's be honest, what's more likely to happen? Getting kids to try to be more aware of their surroundings and play safely, or keep crazy paranoid gun nuts from shooting at people for random reasons? I think we both know the answer.

Cant wait to see the shit that happens once VR gets around.

Well, it can't be closed unless it's through the program itself (requires gyroscope; if you use the pokego battery saver it closes it when held upside down, but will still give alerts. But that's solvable by just keeping a finger on the screen, or turning your idle off. Anytime a pokemon comes within range it vibrates to alert you.
    So, it doesn't work when I put the whole phone in standby then, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    TBF Team Valor is basically Gary Oak at this point.
    i cannot believe this shit i'm hearing

- - - Updated - - -

So, it doesn't work when I put the whole phone in standby then, does it?
    Not unless it's through the app itself.

HOWEVER. There's gonna be a wrist-band thing on the 29th (? something like that) that'll let you catch by pressing a button or something, dunno what status your phone has to be in for that.

i cannot believe this shit i'm hearing
    It's true.

Team Valor are the popular team, the big team. The team with a car and cheerleaders.

If anyone is Ash Ketchum it's Team Instinct.

I like how they left out the part where the car charged at the man before he started shooting.

To be blunt, there are two sides to this story and only one is being discussed/voiced here.

A man was sleeping in his Palm Coast area home about 1:30 a.m. when a loud noise woke him up. The 37-year-old looked outside and spotted a white car parked in the road outside his Primrose Lane house, said Flagler County Sheriff's Office Jim Troiano.

He grabbed his handgun and went outside to investigate. As he came up to the car, he overheard one of the two teens say "did you get anything?" Troiano said.

That's when the man stepped in front of the vehicle, thinking they had possibly broken into his home, raised his gun and ordered them not to move, officials said.

The vehicle sped towards him and he moved out of its path. He then fired rounds at the vehicle because he said it "was attempting to strike him," Troiano said.
    Source: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...716-story.html

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

I like how you think some guy charging up to a car like he's the police, leveling a gun at them, and demanding they not move makes him the good guy.

No, he's still a nut with a gun. Especially if he fired at it while it was moving, because who does THAT shit.

Reckless use of a firearm charges, at the minimum, happens when you fire at moving cars.

And yes, if you walk up t my car in the middle of the night, walk in front of it, and level a gun at me I'm moving the car forward. You can move, or you can get run down, but I'm not going to sit and stare at the barrel of a crazy guy's gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goonygoon View Post
    I like how they left out the part where the car charged at the man before he started shooting.

To be blunt, there are two sides to this story and only one is being discussed/voiced here.

How about not pointing your gun at other civilians

That might be what inspired them to try and run him over...

10+ Year Old Account

So a guy points a deadly weapon at them and they try to escape/defend themselves? Truly monsters they are.

Wait, am I reading this right?

This psychopath hasn't been arrested yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Let's be honest, what's more likely to happen? Getting kids to try to be more aware of their surroundings and play safely, or keep crazy paranoid gun nuts from shooting at people for random reasons? I think we both know the answer.
    Fair point. I just wonder if the guy got charged with anything... article doesn't say. Attempted murder would suffice

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be racist towards americans, but could your country act normal for once? Like no where in the world would this happen, but ALWAYS in america somehow.
    Like get your country togheter for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?