Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Not coincidence at all. Very intentional attack on the same LE community that was involved in that shooting. Made more tragic since that was probably 60/40, 70/30 a justified shooting being judged by people who don't know the first thing about FOF training or even firearms.
    well im trying to find info on some stuff i heard on the radio news. something of a Website about the Dallas shooter popped up almost right after his death with instructions. could of been a dead end i do not know being as i cant find relevance to the segment i was listening to

just makes me think of a larger group taking action sort of thing

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    You will be fine dude. The dude in Minnesota was killed for doing pretty much nothing, BLM doesn't care about that, neither does the media, they only care when its an ex-con pulling a gun on officers.
    oh i know i will be alright. i live 2 hours away from where it happened where that castile guy died

and the Dallas shooter wasn't part of the BLM . its not them im concerned about. just feels like a different group involved but would probably just me being spooked
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    I didn't see any "insane hatred" in his post.. Seems a little hyperbolic to me.
    Well, I believe that when writing a response, it's rather insane to ignore everything else and cherry-pick what you want to negatively react to. :P

Insane doesn't always mean wearing a straight-jacket while jumping up and down on a rooftop shouting "Four's o'clock and all's well, GOV!!!" ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    well im trying to find info on some stuff i heard on the radio news. something of a Website about the Dallas shooter popped up almost right after his death with instructions. could of been a dead end i do not know being as i cant find relevance to the segment i was listening to

just makes me think of a larger group taking action sort of thing

oh i know i will be alright. i live 2 hours away from where it happened where that castile guy died

and the Dallas shooter wasn't part of the BLM . its not them im concerned about. just feels like a different group involved but would probably just me being spooked
    Yeah, he was just a racist crazy guy inspired by BLM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My only issue with BLM is that it doesn't immediately and publicly disavow the actions of those criminals who seek to do violence in the name of the movement. It creates the pervasive feeling that the movement condones and even endorses those actions.
    They did it with Dallas. Immediately or not is besides the point.

My only issue with BLM is that it doesn't immediately and publicly disavow the actions of those criminals who seek to do violence in the name of the movement. It creates the pervasive feeling that the movement condones and even endorses those actions.
    Welcome to cherry-picking, both by the viewer - and by the media. Controversy sells...

Thanks Vanyali for showing him that BLM protesters DO disavow those actions, but that never gets publicized because it's less controversial that way...

And how exactly did you come to that conclusion ? It seems like you're just making things up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Yeah, he was just a racist crazy guy inspired by BLM his hatred in seeing a series of recent videos of cops unjustly killing black people.
    Fixed that for you. Delete the hashtag, and it changes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    People aren't killing anyone of a particular race though. They're just targeting the police.

The police needs to work to get rid of their image of police brutality, because otherwise nobody will care whether they get shot or not, definitely not the ones that feel like shooting them.
    How do you get rid of an image that's a complete and utter fabrication that the media is wholeheartedly setting up. If you look at police related death statistics, only about 1000 people a year die because of being shot by police and while black people make up 25% of victims, white people make up 50% of victims. If you compare that to population then black people are over-represented in this, but that would only be relevant if police shootings were a random act of nature and not a consequence of interactions with police officers gone wrong. So looking at arrest rates is a much more representative population than the general population since most people don't have any interactions with police in any given year, and what do you know, 27% of arrests are black people according to the FBI which is high, but also very well correlated to the police shooting rates for black people, as in, police aren't just specifically going around shooting black people.

On top of that, this paranoia being spread about police brutality is a complete misrepresentation of reality. As I said, only about 250 black people are shot by police per year which means that 0.00055% of black people are shot by police each year. This means that the chances of your average black person being shot by police is 1 in 200,000. To put that in perspective, the odds of dying in a tornado in any given year in the USA is 1 in 60,000, so the average black person is 3 times more likely to die by tornado than to die by police shooting.

To top all of that off, only about 10% of those killed by police are unarmed and that does not mean they're not dangerous. Someone beating a police officer or trying to steal an officers weapon is considered to be unarmed, so unarmed or not, you can still be a threat.

The point is, what can they do to rid themselves of this image when the facts are irrelevant to this false narrative of police brutality?

Sources:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ice-shootings/
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43
    http://www.dartmouth.edu/~ears5/hand...ng6_25_99.html
    Last edited by Vynny; 2016-07-17 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    And how exactly did you come to that conclusion ? It seems like you're just making things up now.
    Honestly? The truth is people lead busy lives- so busy to the point where they don't really put much effort into researching stories on their own - so they assume whatever their news outlet is that they have properly researched things and have done the homework they would do, so when a news media outlet does not report the fact that somebody did indeed disavow something, they assume it never happened.

People, however, don't understand that press wouldn't look into those things as they want the sensational. The old-school saying of "if it bleeds, it reads".

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Well, I believe that when writing a response, it's rather insane to ignore everything else and cherry-pick what you want to negatively react to. :P

Insane doesn't always mean wearing a straight-jacket while jumping up and down on a rooftop shouting "Four's o'clock and all's well, GOV!!!" ;P
    Yeah, I mean I don't think his post was an adequate reply to yours at all, and he did cherry pick what he wanted to from your post. I was going to reply with something in agreement (with you) but then I noticed your choice of words. I can't even see where you got insane from, but hatred? Just because someone disagrees with you (albeit with a poorly constructed ((or not constructed at all)) argument doesn't mean they are filled with hatred. I think words like bigot and hate are thrown around far too often nowadays. He said nothing to indicate actual hatred, so why accuse him of that?

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Hatred requires inspiration to hate.
    Again, like my other above post, did you not read the part about "seeing a series of recent videos of cops unjustly killing black people"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hatred requires inspiration to hate.
    Absolutely. The Dallas shooter would not have had much cause to go after police if it wasn't for BLM. But he wasn't affiliated with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    How about it actually means that the things are the main reason for the harm caused
    god forbid we blame the criminal they're just poor victims, its all the inanimate chunk of metals fault.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Absolutely. The Dallas shooter would not have had much cause to go after police if it wasn't for BLM. But he wasn't affiliated with them.
    You mean apart from the videos that popped up online of two guys shot at random one of which in front of his wife and 4 years old daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    He was a big fan of the NBPP, whose stated mission is to overthrow white america and have a black country all their own. they advocate killing every white person and cops in general.

I don't think BLM had the influence you think it does, considering he a fan of the black KKK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    Yeah, I mean I don't think his post was an adequate reply to yours at all, and he did cherry pick what he wanted to from your post. I was going to reply with something in agreement (with you) but then I noticed your choice of words. I can't even see where you got insane from, but hatred? Just because someone disagrees with you (albeit with a poorly constructed ((or not constructed at all)) argument doesn't mean they are filled with hatred. I think words like bigot and hate are thrown around far too often nowadays. He said nothing to indicate actual hatred, so why accuse him of that?
    Why I said that is because, in my experience, "hate" tends to be the very thing that blinds people to what's actually around them. That emotion is so overpowering that will lead your very thought processes to confirm/validate their belief while simultaneously ignoring rational scientific thought processes, even if it requires fabrication or even basic selective deleting of everything factual around it.

By all means I'd love a better word though - maybe Cynicism? Sadly I kinda think that's a fancy word for "hating everything" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    You mean apart from the videos that popped up online of two guys shot at random one of which in front of his wife and 4 years old daughter?
    Nope, clearly it was a secret handshake internet message from BLM saying "GO OUT MY BROTHERS AND KILL FOR THE SAKE OF OUR KIND! GO FORTH AND DO THY WILL OF ODEFUS THE CONFUSER!"

10+ Year Old Account
    ...people have been condemning Dallas since it was on the news...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Absolutely. But I wonder how many of those are actually justified, with people reaching for weapons and such?.
    The key videos that week clearly showed that was not case. One claimed to be - but in that one the guy had his arms clearly around his back and held down with him being face-down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    His targets were white people, specifically white cops.