Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well, as of recently, it's pretty true.

i mean, I dont remember seeing trump supporters assaulting people and police at Bernie rallies
    I would go as far as to say that most gun violence is perpetuated by a Democrat base. Now of course that does not mean all Democrats, but its just a funny irony tucked away in the bigger picture.

I could be wrong, its true, but if I were a betting man...

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    No, it's Trumps managers themselves who attack people.
    I thought this one incident ended up going no where and the police dismissed it?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I thought this one incident ended up going no where and the police dismissed it?
    That doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

That doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    So you have proof they don't? I'm all ears.

So you have proof they don't? I'm all ears.
    They don't what? What exactly are you asking?

They don't what? What exactly are you asking?
    The charges were dismissed. Generally in the criminal justice system that means there was a lack of evidence or even a false report.

You seem to know for a fact the incident happened as it was claimed.

I would go as far as to say that most gun violence is perpetuated by a Democrat base. Now of course that does not mean all Democrats, but its just a funny irony tucked away in the bigger picture.

I could be wrong, its true, but if I were a betting man...
    Registered fields are really weird things to try to place things on though.

For example, if my mom went on a killing spree she'd be listed as democrat. Because she registered demo to vote obama so hillary wouldn't be the candidate. In reality, she's a very conservative christian who's voting trump because hillary is the devil, and hates obama only a fraction less. But she'd be the most hardcore democrat that ever was should she become a mass murderer because of registration.

Not that all registered voters are that way, but looking at a registry doesn't tell the entire story.

- - - Updated - - -

The charges were dismissed. Generally in the criminal justice system that means there was a lack of evidence or even a false report.
    They weren't dismissed due to lack of evidence; it was dismissed because it wasn't worth the effort, and i don't believe the victim was that interested in charges anyway for the same reason.

Yeah, but i fear they will let them out after the convention anyway. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I mean, I generally hide my views from particularly conservatives coworkers, acquaintances, etc to avoid having to listen to that exact sort of vitriol you're voicing right now.
    They at least don't try to get you fired for it. The worst you might get is a lot of hot air. A conservative might act like a jackass and argue with you, but they won't try to use the law to silence you, or cause you to lose your livelihood just because of your views.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    They weren't dismissed due to lack of evidence; it was dismissed because it wasn't worth the effort, and i don't believe the victim was that interested in charges anyway for the same reason.
    Worth what effort though?

Did the reporter come to the realization that what happened did not rise to the level of "assault"? (which sadly is a pretty broad term now a days)

So many attacks happen at these things I'm beginning to question why people still attend these things in the masses.

I guess if not these, concerts or wherever else people may congregate.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    There's no way to ban guns. Even if you got rid of the second amendment, within 10 years, guns will be all over the place thanks to 3d printers.
    Except those 3d-printed guns explode in your hand on the second bullet.

Liandra has a hard on for Trump, so if there's a story out there that makes the Donald look bad, it appears he/she will believe it, even when there's evidence to the contrary that dispels the story, or in this event, the case being dropped altogether. That's all there really is to it.

There were videos of it at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This is a bit disingenuous. There are varying levels of printable firearms that do not fall in this category.

Worth what effort though?

Did the reporter come to the realization that what happened did not rise to the level of "assault"? (which sadly is a pretty broad term now a days)
    It was assault; assault is ANY touching. Obviously, there are exceptions (if I walk by you and brush against you by accident.. not assault. If i make no effort to avoid you and shoulder-check you.. assault), but the level of punishment is obviously not the same for someone grabbing you vs. someone beating the crap out of you.

The most they'd get for a bunch of political shit is a low-level fine. That's why it really wasn't worth it, and only became a big deal because the manager decided "I WASN'T EVEN THERE" was better than "I'm sorry, I <excuse>".

Why exactly? Wasn't the point of guns for all to provide protection? Why the need to spend 50 millions for protection against the protection? Doesn't that suggest that the earlier "protection" is infact nonsense?
    This isn't protection against guns, it's protection against angry mobs. A lot of extremely ignorant people are angry right now about issues they don't understand and want to blame other people for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    You actually don't need a 3d printer. Guns can be home manufactured without much difficulty. And it doesn't eliminate the black market. All banning guns would do would make criminals of all gun owners. The bad guys, and anyone with intent to mass-kill as many people as possible will still be able to get their hands on them.

Let me ask this for everyone who thinks banning guns will actually make things better: how's that "war on drugs" working out? Not so good, is it? Kind of a losing game that only benefits organized crime, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    It was assault; assault is ANY touching. Obviously, there are exceptions (if I walk by you and brush against you by accident.. not assault. If i make no effort to avoid you and shoulder-check you.. assault), but the level of punishment is obviously not the same for someone grabbing you vs. someone beating the crap out of you.

The most they'd get for a bunch of political shit is a low-level fine. That's why it really wasn't worth it, and only became a big deal because the manager decided "I WASN'T EVEN THERE" was better than "I'm sorry, I <excuse>".
    Would one of those exceptions be the security of another person?

If someone got up right on my wife and refused to back off, do you think the charge of assault would stick if I physically removed them from her direct proximity?

My point is, no one got punched or even slapped. It was a bogus charge to start with from my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    This isn't protection against guns, it's protection against angry mobs. A lot of extremely ignorant people are angry right now about issues they don't understand and want to blame other people for.
    I always had a feeling that body armor to go along with riot suit is intended for something other than punches, but I guess you know better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Liandra has a hard on for Trump, so if there's a story out there that makes the Donald look bad, it appears he/she will believe it, even when there's evidence to the contrary that dispels the story, or in this event, the case being dropped altogether. That's all there really is to it.
    There's video of the guy manhandling her and of her subsequent bruises. Now, I personally think the incident was minor enough not to warrant criminal charges, but under the law it was assault.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!