Page 72 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not a 50% nerf. Closer to 14.5%(120%/140%). The artifact would have to reduce your damage by 30% for it to be a 50% damage nerf.
    The bonus was nerfed by 50%, being pedantic doesn't make you friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You can use both, since Maul is off the GCD.
    Right, I knew there was a reason it was still nominally useful, but I forgot it was off the GCD. Guess I'll keep using it to bleed off rage at times then.

The bonus was nerfed by 50%, being pedantic doesn't make you friends.
    It's a pretty big difference whether you say "Artifact damage bonus nerfed by 50%" and "damage nerfed by 50%".

Especially when it's perfectly reasonable that somebody with no attention span will take it at face value and raise a huge stink about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
    lol, is it really that hard to use maul? just bind it to mousewheel up, like heroic strike (focused rage now) for warrior, and the rotation becomes so much easier, because you don't pay any attention to it, you just scroll up and dump some rage when you need to.
    Hah, exactly how I've handled Maul/Heroic strike for years. Though I always do mwheel down, because wheel up is always bound to speed increases like Dash/Stampede! Makes sense mentally to me that scrolling up makes my character move forward faster hah. But yea, it is a great bind because it can be easily hit simultaneously while using keyboard binds or even mouse thumb buttons. Not being able to use mwheel as binds almost killed FF XIV for me, since the game is based around off GCD abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    Hah, exactly how I've handled Maul/Heroic strike for years. Though I always do mwheel down, because wheel up is always bound to speed increases like Dash/Stampede! Makes sense mentally to me that scrolling up makes my character move forward faster hah. But yea, it is a great bind because it can be easily hit simultaneously while using keyboard binds or even mouse thumb buttons. Not being able to use mwheel as binds almost killed FF XIV for me, since the game is based around off GCD abilities.
    yeah, it really simplifies the rotation, very intuitive bind, love it. I just got used to mwheel up Heroic Strike, because in WotLK I also had Cleave on mwheel down. ^^ for bear though I use similar mentality, Maul on mwheel up, and Swipe (like Cleave before) on mwheeldown.

Deleted
    Evening fellow Bearmen. Im wondering could anybody help me out. Im rolling back to Bear for legion and im having difficultly deciding which route to go first for my Artifact, ive respeced once wasting 375 artifact power, could anybody help me out please?

Whats the stat priority looking like?

Seems like crit isn't going to provide any use besides damage.

Definitely mastery for that health pool.

Haste maybe? Depending on talents

Versatility?

I'm thinking mastery>vers>haste>crit

Anyone else have thoughts about it?

Quote Originally Posted by mmouser View Post
    Whats the stat priority looking like?

Seems like crit isn't going to provide any use besides damage.

Definitely mastery for that health pool.

Haste maybe? Depending on talents

Versatility?

I'm thinking mastery>vers>haste>crit

Anyone else have thoughts about it?
    I'm likely going mastery>haste>vers>crit

Haste will give more rage for more iron it uptime and stacks as well as damage from reduced thrash and mangle cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Evening fellow Bearmen. Im wondering could anybody help me out. Im rolling back to Bear for legion and im having difficultly deciding which route to go first for my Artifact, ive respeced once wasting 375 artifact power, could anybody help me out please?
    Quoting this because I have the same question. Not entirely sure what route we are going to go in our artifact (optimally, anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Quoting this because I have the same question. Not entirely sure what route we are going to go in our artifact (optimally, anyway).

Personally I'm going after Gorey Fur then Adaptive Fur, the traits on the way to those are really nice.

http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-c...zvAM8ABPCAVNgE

then

http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-c...PAATwgE9MBU2AQ

then

http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-c...wQE8IBPTAVNgEA

then i fill in the last few
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2016-07-17 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    For the Major Traits, Gory Fur is generally best, Adaptive Fur is rather weak, and Embrace is more DPS then defense.
    Personally, I'll probably go Gory Fur first and then Embrace "the long way around", ie. the Adaptive Fur side towards Embrace since it has better minor traits, but only get Adaptive Fur after Embrace.

Some people tend to lean towards Adaptive before Embrace simply for the fact that it provides some defensive value, even if its not great.

For the Major Traits, Gory Fur is generally best, Adaptive Fur is rather weak, and Embrace is more DPS then defense.
    Personally, I'll probably go Gory Fur first and then Embrace "the long way around", ie. the Adaptive Fur side towards Embrace since it has better minor traits, but only get Adaptive Fur after Embrace.

Some people tend to lean towards Adaptive before Embrace simply for the fact that it provides some defensive value, even if its not great.

It's not just the golden traits but also the traits along the way, doing Adaptive Fur last your going to miss out on the 12% increase to Iron Fur which becomes even stronger now that you picked up the +duration trait getting Gory Fur

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    It's not just the golden traits but also the traits along the way, doing Adaptive Fur last your going to miss out on the 12% increase to Iron Fur which becomes even stronger now that you picked up the +duration trait getting Gory Fur
    That one is what makes the decision a bit harder. I might change my mind and go that way afterall. Still some weeks to figure it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    12% increase to Iron Fur
    Is it still 75% * 1.12 = 84% instead of 75% + 12% = 87%? The trait still says "Additional" but as far as I can remember it was never the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabator View Post
    Is it still 75% * 1.12 = 84% instead of 75% + 12% = 87%? The trait still says "Additional" but as far as I can remember it was never the case.
    Its 87%. The tooltip says so and a quick check on a 110 char confirms.

5572 Armor in Bear
    10420 Armor with Ironfur x1 (87%)
    15268 Armor with Ironfur x2 (174%)
    20116 Armor with Ironfur x3 (261%)

In case anyone wonders, the damage reduction from armor is 42.9%, 58.5%, 67.3% and 73.13% respectively for those.

In comparison, without the trait:
    5572 Armor in Bear
    9751 Armor with Ironfur x1 (75%)
    13930 Armor with Ironfur x2 (150%)
    18109 Armor with Ironfur x3 (225%)

DR: 42.9, 56.9, 65.3 and 71.0

Comparing the actual DR values, it seems not *that* exciting, but might still be better then many of the alternatives.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-07-17 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Its 87%. The tooltip says so and a quick check on a 110 char confirms.

5572 Armor in Bear
    10420 Armor with Ironfur x1 (87%)
    15268 Armor with Ironfur x2 (174%)
    20116 Armor with Ironfur x3 (261%)

In case anyone wonders, the damage reduction from armor is 42.9%, 58.5%, 67.3% and 73.13% respectively for those.
    thanks. so, "additional" is finally working

So reading through this forum and prot pallys, I'm not sure what I want, bear butts, or watching a shield bounce around, thoughts?

maul nerf is memetacular beyond belief, makes the maul trait even more lol, i seriously dont know whats going on in the mind of devs... as much as i dislike maul, its the button that differentiates who can juggle their survival VS dps the best.. and affinities won't fulfill that role since they are so shit

I probably won't even have Maul on my bar. If I'm offtanking for more than ~15s, I'll switch to Balance Affinity Moonkin form to do some (hopefully) higher DPS, if <15s, I'll just stay bear to pool rage and spam Swipe with the normal rotation.

I have no idea where Maul rests in their design philosophy for Bears without Tooth and Claw. It's probably 1 of the top 3 most worthless abilities across all classes now.

How does other similar abilities compare to it? Every tank has something to sacrifice survival to gain more dps... i somehow doubt its as bad as maul.