10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    apparently calling your eevee "rainer" before evolving it evolves it into vaporeon
    Hold down and A?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i dont see why people even care about the starters (cause heres the thing, rare pokemon are usless in the game ,since they are so hard to get, it makes them impossible or annoying to evolve/level up)

like "AWW YEAH caught a squirtle, i need 18 more to evolve one of them to blastoise!"

i wish the game had the usual evolving/level up mechanic... instead of this bullshit candy... its the reason why i dont like pokemon rumble

you dont catch pokemon and train them, and get attached to these pokemon, you just catch every pokemon you can, and use the strongest ones, no matter what they are.... : / idk, i would be willing to play the game alot more if i was "out there training my squirtle!" not "ok catching 100 magikarps to evolve the strongest one i get, then maybe later get a even stronger magikarp and have to catch another 100!"
    I like it this way. Games more unique if not everyone has the same best Pokemon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    apparently calling your eevee "rainer" before evolving it evolves it into vaporeon
    Can confirm. Watched someone do it, and did it myself with "Pyro" for Flareon.

Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    or hatch 10 km eggs and hope for an eevee
    Man if I catch an Eevee from a 10KM egg i'll flip my shit

Granted they're not common, but they're also not rare too rare either.

Deleted
    Fking servers. Get up already

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Man if I catch an Eevee from a 10KM egg i'll flip my shit

Granted they're not common, but they're also not rare too rare either.
    I just want to actually get a 10 km egg. I still haven't seen one =[

https://www.facebook.com/BellatorMMA...4775138749879/

Hitmonlee used Hi-Kick
    It's super effective!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, uh, they give two links, one to request a new pokestop, one to report a dangerous location. Both links take me to report a current pokestop, not a future one.

Well, used it anyway. Hope for the best.
    If you look at the fields, the form seems to be for BOTH. All the fields for reporting a Pokestop/Gym are non-required fields. If you just fill out the required fields you can request a new one, it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I have tried if for a day, what a crap game.

It's nothing like the pokemon games i know and i dont see why people are so amazed by it.

I think its only because of AR.
    I played Ingress for like a day and that game sucked but you didn't see all these people running out to the parks to play it because it didn't have the Pokemon named slapped on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Hold down and A?
    It seems to work, but ONLY IF you restart the app after you've named it, so the server can recognize the change. It also works as "Pyro" for Flareon, and "Sparky" for Jolteon.

Is anyone able to log in right now?

Deleted
    yes /10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Is anyone able to log in right now?
    Yes.

That's also all I can do right now, throwing a pokeball freezes the app. No more pokemon till tomorrow I bet, for me anyway.

Yeah, I can't login for shit either. Glad it happened after I had already burned through 30 minutes of chilling at a pokestop with a book and using lure/incense tho. Kind of disappointing that Niantic hasn't gotten their shit together yet. I know that the game took off beyond anyone's expectations, but come on now. You wouldn't have contingency plans for how to handle massive success?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I know that the game took off beyond anyone's expectations, but come on now. You wouldn't have contingency plans for how to handle massive success?
    That's what I don't get, launching the game in more and more regions is great and all, but if your servers can't handle the stress.. maybe slow down a bit and work on that first?

This app will be around/popular for quite a while, but this does hurt their credibility a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Kind of disappointing that Niantic hasn't gotten their shit together yet. I know that the game took off beyond anyone's expectations, but come on now. You wouldn't have contingency plans for how to handle massive success?
    You answered your own question. Still unexpected. Currently being the most popular mobile game atm, if they have difficulty staying stable for the week-old game, any other in this situation would most likely happen. This applies to almost every massive success whether game or company. When a small hacking group (poodlecorp) can hack Pokemon Go, LoL, Twitter, WatchMojo, etc, ultimately theyre all in the same boat.

For something that's f2p, innovative and breaking new records worldwide, they've done remarkably well

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't been able to pay all down.

This is the greatest mobile game ever made.

Just got back from a player meet up. There had to be hundreds of us. The catching was unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This is the greatest mobile game ever made.

Just got back from a player meet up. There had to be hundreds of us. The catching was unreal.

This. I dont care if you like the game or not. This has to be one of the greatest things Ive seen in a long time.

All types of people are out and about, talking and socializing. All over a game. Ive met so many people and watched so many others talk to people. All while having a great time. Kids and adults both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah was fine all morning. Cam back from lunch and unable to log in for the last few hours.

Too hot anyway

Hope it comes back before the sun sets

10+ Year Old Account
    It reminds me of Minecraft a bit, not the greatest game and hideously flawed at launch but the momentum is behind it due to the social aspects.