Poll: Are todays generation pussies?

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    No it didn't. Racism naturally goes away over time. you have to ACTIVELY reinforce racism by reminding people that they are different to keep it going. If you want to keep whites and blacks separated by a racial divide, you highlight and celebrate how different they are and how different their cultural experience is.
    Uhm...no. It doesn't.

First of all the example you used is comparing apples and oranges.

Discrimination against the Irish had nothing do with race. It was a cultural trait imported over from England that had a long history of conflict with Ireland and their supposedly impossible to govern populace. This attitude also played into tensions tied to immigration in the early late 19th century US. Irish migrants arriving to the US were competing for labor in the overcrowded early industrial cities of New England. Most Irish migrants arriving were destitute labor migrants. If you want to compare it to anything it was akin to the attitudes towards Mexican laborers today.

This phenomenon doesn't go away, it simply finds a new scapegoat in whatever culture currently fits the demographic stereotype. At different times it has been the Irish, the Italians, Eastern Europeans and now Latinos. This isn't racism, it is xenophobia. And it fades as one migrant group becomes to norm and shift to the next migrant group.

On the other hand Racism (racial discrimination) is a completely different beast. Antisemitism has been around for nearly 2000 years. And racism against non Europeans has been around since the Age of Sail. It was fueled by a strange mix of militarism, imperialism and religiosity, combined by a sense of superiority apparently confirmed by the imperial successes of European nations.

Before you chip in your "cure to racism" you should first get your history clear, understand what racism is, how it is perpetuated, what fuels it, and how it is cured.

Not talking about- didn't end slavery. Not talking about it- didn't end Segregation. Not talking about it- didn't end raging institutional homophobia.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2016-07-17 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    being offended over nothing and banning the term because of it DOES make you a pussy. "Black Friday" is now racist, huh? Yeah...pussy's.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, we are. Because all the SJW's...
    Stopped reading here. Stop getting your "wordlyness" from fox news. Theyre lying to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    People get a lot more offended about things than they use to IMO, society is becoming more and more sensitive as a whole and we have to watch what we do and say. People getting offended by video game skins and more bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    In a town in England the police have made "cat calling" an arrest-able offense. So if you tell a woman she looks beautiful and she is offended by it and reports you to the police...you go to jail. Yeah....pussification is a western thing.
    Thats not what cat calling is... so youre okay with women feeling terribly uncomfortable, so you can maintain treating them like a cum dumpster? Get over yourself and learn some respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe that today's generation has been sheltered from a lot of the hardships out parents and grand parents needed to endure.
    But then again, today's generation does have to face other problems that weren't much of an issue when our parents were young.

Every generation faces unique challenges and as such it's not possible to say: "generation X is more ballsy/better than Y"

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Personally, if I was banning Black Friday, it wouldn't be for the name but rather the fact that it drives people into a consumer frenzy and both encourages and emphasizes just how greedy our culture is.
    A sale day which is generally predicated upon people purchasing items at a discount is greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    A sale day which is generally predicated upon people purchasing items at a discount is greedy?
    Yeh because its friendly and brings people together. No ones ever died during it, or anything crazy, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    People get a lot more offended about things than they use to IMO, society is becoming more and more sensitive as a whole and we have to watch what we do and say. People getting offended by video game skins and more bullshit.
    A knight in the old days would have found it offensive if you looked at him in a way he didn't like and would challenge you.

"pussies" always existed, though the internet does give them a forum to voice their opinion they didn't have in the past.

No, but those responsible are a bunch of cowards.
    How it is never their fault when there are consequences to their behaviour.
    There is this persistent stupid mentality of you not being responsible for your own behaviour when being offensive, but it is always yours if you are offended.
    Why this petty one-sided view, that being a jerk is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Is that really the case, or is just a larger audience making it seem that way.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-17 at 08:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can only speak for my own country, but yes. I don't mean that in a "the old days were better" way, but we have it easier now than ever. Compare generations in the last 100 years. Some of them have gone off to fight in wars, some occupied by enemy forces, some facing serious poverty, lack of opportunity, harsh lives of earlier lower class, malnutrition, and just in general a harder social, economic and political climate. Today's generation has it incredibly easy compared to most previous ones and developed the corresponding lack of resistance to hardship. Comparatively, we're pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Yeh because its friendly and brings people together. No ones ever died during it or anything crazy, right?
    That's your argument? Really? There are far worse things out there killing people every day. Go rail against those if you want a worthy cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    That's your argument? Really? There are far worse things out there killing people every day. Go rail against those if you want a worthy cause.
    That its all about greed. Dont be so blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncreative View Post
    I'm an Information Security Technician employed by imgur and you use the same password for most of your accounts.
    Oh dayum, threatening!
    How classy <3

Feel free to post all my hentai bro!
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-07-17 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    People seem to get offended by the most weirdest things possible lately.
    In holland they are banning or changing plenty of words that have anything "black" in it even though it doesn't even mean anything towards the black culture. Like how sad do you need to be to want to ban "Black Friday" Like you get offended by something like that?
    Same goes to our 100 year old cultures that we changing just because some special snowflake gets offended over nothing.

Do you think todays Generation has no balls what so ever?
    When I saw the title, I thought you had a real thread idea. Now I just see some, lets "pussy" since thats the word you use, crying over how using immature and stupid language is wrong. Like you say, "like how sad do you need to be" ?

Yeah. For example some people need to create a thread if anybody wants to change a term.

Serious answer: I don't think the degree of it has changed, but what used to be dinner-table conversation or comments among family now gets blasted to the world on Facebook and Twitter and picked up by news sites as somehow legitimate news. It's exceptionally easy to get one's opinion out there now and to organize a movement around a particular goal.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Still waiting for my hentai uploads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody who marginalizes an entire generation of people under a single stereotype is a fucking moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Still waiting for my hentai uploads.
    That makes two of us!

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. This is not normal behavior for a young dude who is supposed to become the backbone of Western civilization.
    Boohoo :'(
    So when are you going to post my hentai, or are you perhaps a
    PUSSIE?
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2016-07-17 at 08:49 PM.

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. This is not normal behavior for a young dude who is supposed to become the backbone of Western civilization.
    Wtf are you talking about? Is he/she supposed to battle you on the internet, that the measure of a pussy or the lack thereof? He/she has more strength than you, not biting the bait that you try to keep laying, whats that make you then? You live in a fantasy world.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-07-17 at 08:53 PM.