Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to know how many salvage crates I've opened this expansion, I leave them for months and then go on an opening spree that takes a couple of days while watching some films and what not. Was hoping to not have to do it anymore onc epre patch hits, but the raw mats you get form them still makes it worth I guess.

Opened like 4000 today. Didn't even bother to mail the BoEs around, they are all sitting in my mailbox. I just did setup my inventory so that I could autoloot the boxes and still have all follower upgrades land in my inventory (and BoEs going to the mailbox).

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I'm opening my appr. 3k crates tomorrow and monday. I also have faith in Blizzard (never thought i'd ever type that phrase again after WoD total fuckup) that the mail system won't be glitched, as it hasn't all those years. If it does, i'm so gonna spam them till they replace every single item that gets lost in there....
    I receive occasional "internal bag error" messages when looting, and items end up in the mail.
    So yeah, it seems the mail system has overall been more robust then the bags as of late.

What I will be doing is mailing items to a relevant character, and then checking each to see if it has a quest reward source for its appearance.
    Legion Wardrobe addon will tell me that.
    So items which have a quest reward source, I will then mail off to another character or two to hoard in the meantime.
    Will perhaps try to auction off, but it is possible that such items will eventually have next to no demand.
    After some number of sales attempts, I will likely vendor or disenchant based on value.

I may do that pre-patch just to get the most out of the follower upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Hey guyz

1/ What are the advantages to open crates now vs after pre patch ?

2/ Do you have to equip BoE items to add them to your wardrobe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjouz View Post
    Hey guyz

1/ What are the advantages to open crates now vs after pre patch ?

2/ Do you have to equip BoE items to add them to your wardrobe ?
    1. The Garrison follower upgrades will sell for a good amount of gold. When the pre-patch is live, these will sell for nothing.

2. Yes, you have to equip them. Though this requires you to do a bit of extra pre-work if you care for point 1.

If I get a piece of cloth gear on my Warrior for example, will that be transfered to my Mages wardrobe? Or it needs to be BOE?

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Needs to be sent to your cloth user, as your warrior won't add it to the wardrobe. .ie: needs BOE.
    I'm emphasizing what StarGazer is saying.

Items need to be equipped on the classes for which that is their primary armor type.

Cloth: Mage, Warlock, Priest

Leather: Rogue, Druid, Monk

Mail: Shaman, Hunter

Plate: Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight

A cloth item can be equipped by a Paladin (as often happened with leveling Holy paladins before the Int Plate heirlooms were added), but that won't add it to your wardrobe collection. It still has to be sent to a Mage/Warlock/Priest to be equipped.

Re: Legion Wardrobe add-on. Is it recording "BoE in bags/bank that CAN be equipped"? Because I'm getting a lot of "appearance unlocked by so-and-so," and these being boost characters (i.e., leveled to 60, then boosted to 90), they don't have many quests completed in the 60-90 range (and barely any of the 90-100 range; their being alts, they sat in the garrisons and got a LOT of passive XP).

I'm planning on spreading the wealth of transmog to my wife, but that involves making sure that I don't miss on getting MY version of the appearances first...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to be a stickler, but what class can do unlock what weapons? Genuinely not sure what some kinds of weapons will get unlocked by what classes. Like do Staffs get unlocked by Monks? Fist?
    If you have a warrior, they can unlock everything except for wands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    If you have a warrior, they can unlock everything except for wands.
    Dammit. I just found out that only gear that are BoP *and* you primary armour type will be unlocked. I thought that anything that is BoP and in your bags/bank/storage will unlock.

Should have paid more attention. Dammit Creb99.

Sorry to be a stickler, but what class can do unlock what weapons? Genuinely not sure what some kinds of weapons will get unlocked by what classes. Like do Staffs get unlocked by Monks? Fist?
    I generally go by looking up the classes on wowhead, then looking through Proficiencies.

Death Knight: Plate, Axe (1H & 2H), Mace (1H & 2H), Sword (1H & 2H), Polearms

Demon Hunter: Leather, Daggers, Fist Weapons, Axes (1H), Swords (1H), Warglaives (shouldn't they have 1-H bows/crossbows? need to get back to D3...)

Druids: Leather, Daggers, Fist Weapons, Maces (1H & 2H), Polearms, Staffs

Hunters: Mail, Bows/Crossbows/Guns, Daggers, Fist Weapons, Axes (1H & 2H), Swords (1H & 2H), Polearms, Staffs

Mages: Cloth, Daggers, Swords (1H), Staffs, Wands

Monks: Leather, Fist Weapons, Axes (1H), Maces (1H), Swords (1H), Polearms, Staffs

Paladins: Plate, Shield, Axes (1H & 2H), Maces (1H & 2H), Swords (1H & 2H), Polearms

Priests: Cloth, Daggers, Maces (1H), Staffs, Wands

Rogues: Leather, Bows/Crossbows/Guns, Daggers, Fist Weapons, Axes (1H), Maces (1H), Swords (1H)

Shaman: Mail, Shield, Daggers, Fist Weapons, Axes (1H & 2H), Maces (1H & 2H)

Warlock: Cloth, Daggers, Swords (1H), Staffs, Wands

Warriors: Plate, Shield, Bows/Crossbows/Guns, Daggers, Fist Weapons, Axes (1H & 2H), Maces (1H & 2H), Swords (1H & 2H), Polearms, Staffs

Anyone who has had more caffeine than I have, want to make a list of all the shortest-path permutations it'd take to get all quest rewards via Loremaster? The obvious answer is "Warrior, plus any Cloth-wearer, any Leather-wearer, and any Mail-wearer."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Dammit. I just found out that only gear that are BoP *and* you primary armour type will be unlocked. I thought that anything that is BoP and in your bags/bank/storage will unlock.

Should have paid more attention. Dammit Creb99.
    I just meant as far as weapons, since that's what the poster was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    I just meant as far as weapons, since that's what the poster was talking about.
    I think he was saying that all those quest rewards he got on one character, were only opened for the primary-armor-type of that character?

Opened around 3000 crates. sold the followers items, wod crafting mats(dont sell on my server) made about 2100g (made a quarter of that on beta). However max realm character slots I have on my realm has their entire bank full and their bags full with gear. I am not taking a chance with the mail system with a prepatch. We all know prepatch days are complete cluster fucks.