Doom Vortex nerf, lol. It was 0.7% of my DPS on a dummy.

Big AoE nerf because it was obviously needed (Enhance is hilariously far behind in AoE already, behind healers and tanks even). And there appears to be an undocumented nerf to Doom Wolves because empowered abilities seem to have a massive CD now.

If I have Crashing Storm, does it have a higher or lower single target priority than LL?

Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    If I have Crashing Storm, does it have a higher or lower single target priority than LL?
    If I remember correctly, it has a higher priority. I could be wrong though, especially now with all the nerfs/buffs etc. etc.
    It at least was better to use crashing storm instead of lava lashing your MP away.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    If I remember correctly, it has a higher priority. I could be wrong though, especially now with all the nerfs/buffs etc. etc.
    It at least was better to use crashing storm instead of lava lashing your MP away.
    My damage per MP for crash lightning is 2,100, for Lava lash it's 1,796. That's with an 805 ilvl and literally 0 buffs active on my character. So it looks like it's still worth it to use crashing storm in comparison to lava lash. if the boss moves from the lightning pancake on the ground you're going to lose damage so it'll make it not worth, and if the talent isn't as good as the other ones in the tier it could lose it's worth as well. but as of right now, just comparing craashing storm and lava lash, it's worth

edit: idk why i quoted darleth instead of the person asking the question, sorry lol
    Last edited by Emek; 2016-07-17 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    My damage per MP for crash lightning is 2,100, for Lava lash it's 1,796. That's with an 805 ilvl and literally 0 buffs active on my character. So it looks like it's still worth it to use crashing storm in comparison to lava lash. if the boss moves from the lightning pancake on the ground you're going to lose damage so it'll make it not worth, and if the talent isn't as good as the other ones in the tier it could lose it's worth as well. but as of right now, just comparing craashing storm and lava lash, it's worth

edit: idk why i quoted darleth instead of the person asking the question, sorry lol
    Welp, you still answered his question and mine. Its fine I guess...
    Still hoping for a nice little guide by wordup, so that we all may stop asking those questions

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Yeah, waiting on Wordup to either post here or on the Beta forums.

So much doom and gloom happening over there its ridiculous. *Rip shaman main since vanilla*. Lmao. Some people really deserve a good facepalm.

I don't think its that bad, we definitely needed some tuning. They might have over nerfed but we'll find out.

Deleted
    Is mastery still the best stats during pre patch?
    Just making sure because i've 6 sockets on my gears with Haste gems that i'd have to exchange.

This plastics person, I havent seen him once in the forums and all of the sudden hes in and makes the most invalid points Ive ever seen. Who the hell did they invite with this last beta wave, all new players?

One round of nerfs albeit a bit heavy handed and its doom and gloom time. Not saying we shouldnt point out that some of these nerfs are stupid, but the way they are acting isnt going to help. Either way, @wordup hoping you can explain some of these nerfs better to everyone when you get the chance. Way too much confusion going around.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-17 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    This plastics person, I havent seen him once in the forums and all of the sudden hes in and makes the most invalid points Ive ever seen. Who the hell did they invite with this last beta wave, all new players?

One round of nerfs albeit a bit heavy handed and its doom and gloom time. Not saying we shouldnt point out that some of these nerfs are stupid, but the way they are acting isnt going to help. Either way, @wordup hoping you can explain some of these nerfs better to everyone when you get the chance. Way too much confusion going around.
    They're not invalid, you just know nothing about this class/spec, and clearly even less about others.

You haven't seen him for a while because last time he posted in this thread he told everyone to kill themselves and got banned.
    Surprised it was only for that long, but MMOC's moderators are ridiculously lenient with the amount of second chances the give people.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    They're not invalid, you just know nothing about this class/spec, and clearly even less about others.
    Got any math to back up your point, instead of telling people they are stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Evermaw View Post
    Is mastery still the best stats during pre patch?
    Just making sure because i've 6 sockets on my gears with Haste gems that i'd have to exchange.
    I think it is. Stormbringer proccs are just too good currently. I'm still waiting on some more information though before I decide to change all of my haste into mastery. Same goes for all the enchants.

I guess they truly invited a ton of people without that much clue. Yeah, the nerfs are a bit harsh and they're probably going to change some of those things again until launch. I still think, and hope, that they've just pushed those nerfs because of the pre-patch and are going to re-buff us. Thats me dreaming of course...

Edit: I do agree on some things he wrote though, he isn't all that wrong at some points.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-07-17 at 10:44 PM.

*tips m'fedora*

One thing I'd like to mention, is that it wasn't just enha that got nerfs. Pretty much EVERYONE got nerfed in some way or another.
    So even if we got nerfed 10%, other classes also got nerfed 5-10%. In the grand scheme of things, we're still pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Got any math to back up your point, instead of telling people they are stupid?
    Everyone is welcome to look at the logs or go in-game and experience it for a few hours. People championed the absolute gutting of DW in unbelievable stupidity meanwhile now when we blow all our CDs and have back-to-back SB procs during DW with Hailstorm active we're way behind most other classes in burst. That was just nerfed further with the nerf to wolves & Doom Wolves. I was losing to a resto druid in Feral affinity before this last patch and was 100k behind a fire mage with worse gear, and I beat every other Enhance shaman I've ever seen by a huge margin.

People who have no understanding of where this class is relative to others or what is and isn't OP are just not playing the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Everyone is welcome to look at the logs or go in-game and experience it for a few hours. People championed the absolute gutting of DW in unbelievable stupidity meanwhile now when we blow all our CDs and have back-to-back SB procs during DW with Hailstorm active we're way behind most other classes in burst. That was just nerfed further with the nerf to wolves & Doom Wolves. I was losing to a resto druid in Feral affinity before this last patch and was 100k behind a fire mage with worse gear, and I beat every other Enhance shaman I've ever seen by a huge margin.

People who have no understanding of where this class is relative to others or what is and isn't OP are just not playing the game at all.
    Beta logs are not very good source, I asked for math. Who you beat or not on beta also means nothing. Being beaten by a healer only means you are shit, because even on live a well played SV hunter, worst spec in game, can outdps tanks easily.

And what fuckin' logs anyway? Care to link any rankings? warcraftlogs.com has no beta logs. But yeah, none of us can play Enh, only you ^^ Care to link your live logs at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You haven't seen him for a while because last time he posted in this thread he told everyone to kill themselves and got banned.
    Surprised it was only for that long, but MMOC's moderators are ridiculously lenient with the amount of second chances the give people.
    Ah makes sense based on his attitude in here. Makes everything even more invalid.

@Plastkin I understand plenty of how the spec works, I'm glad you can determine what I understand and don't just because I called your points invalid.

To be fair, if I look through all the negative and useless shit in your post, only some are invalid. Them nerfing the artifact abilities that made our artifact weapon better or good in general is what made this round of nerfs heavy handed. Nerfing an ability in 3 different ways is definitely overkill, but the way you present your points is probably the shittiest way possible. Either way, I agree with you on that point. I also agree our aoe wasn't great prior to these nerfs, it really didn't need the nerfs it got. Doom vortex is another thing that has me a little confused. It was already by far our worst golden trait, and they nerfed its chance to proc without reason. That's another point I agree with.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-18 at 12:02 AM.

Ok since this is getting a bit out of hand, the changes were heavy handed as I said since it was a triple-dip nerf to Stormstrike, but, it wasn't that significant. All being said overall around 10%~ at the high end with a capped artifact, so not the end of the world.

• A theoretical buff to Crash Lightning in AoE now that the splash is more valued and that triggers more frequently than the spell, which could open the gates for our AoE to get better.
    • Alpha Wolf nerf was expected, they warned us, it's down a total of 40% from its original state (given they buffed the AP scaling the week before) so it's still relevant in AoE, just not as pronounced in ST. Doom Wolves nerf also fair as Fire was leaps and bounds ahead of both other elements.
    • Lava Lash nerf is odd given it's still nowhere near desirable, but this one could legitimately be pegged on pre-patch balance since we get so many SS oriented artifact perks, so I'm not sure about it yet.
    • Doom Vortex change was, however, confusing. The worst golden being made significantly weaker without any concessions seems like a big mistake. That remains to be seen.

I'll be updating my doc with the changes, but it hit at such a late hour and I'm pretty swamped between my own stuff and some other things being done that it's hit the backburner a bit. This also includes getting a central spot for pre-patch info specifics which will be up end of Monday ideally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    One thing I'd like to mention, is that it wasn't just enha that got nerfs. Pretty much EVERYONE got nerfed in some way or another.
    So even if we got nerfed 10%, other classes also got nerfed 5-10%. In the grand scheme of things, we're still pretty decent.
    Whilst I agree, there were a good number of nerfs which is why I held off on posting until the whole thing came out, some big offenders were left untouched which I can understand some finding grievance with.

The hope would be that they nerfed Doom Vortex to account for a change in the unsatisfactory way in which the effect actually functions, but that's very wishful thinking :P

Does anyone have a video of the animations for the artifact abilities? I only have access to PTR and it's hard to see the spell effects in raid streams and know which is from which source.

Also, what artifact route are we pursuing on release?