Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    If that were true then moose runs would be selling for like 100,000g rather than 30,000g. You can thank the WoW Token for the fact that you can legally buy the price of a moose run for under $15, significantly cheaper than a store-mount costs.
    Well, there's also the supply to consider. Lots of guilds have downed H Arch at this point.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    You served me well, Master Plan.

There are mission tables which aren't very different within the class halls. Master plan isn't going anywhere except to evolve.

7+ Year Old Account
    An addon whose author considers it acceptable to troll its playerbase on April Fools is not worthy of any praise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Not to defend the "casual shitlords" but WoD did a number on many guilds. Meaning pugging or buying runs was the only option. Well other than join a new guild that may, or may not. Fold within a week.
    Form your own guild or groups..........problem solved.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Master Plan really has made WoD more rewarding and enjoyable for me, and I appreciate the heck out of it. Looking forward to see what comes next for it and its creator.

Master Plan was pretty great. Minus the part it suddenly stopped working and remains broken on my main for some reason.. Reinstalling didn't even fix it. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    There is like 7 champions aka followers and I think even 5 or 6 active if you use one for a bodyguard.. Not 25 followers like in WoD. You'll have like 2-3 missions available at a time there really is no need for that to automated. (completed paladin order hall campaign in beta) +70hrs
    Someone take a fucking screenshot of this shit. Brewhan is defending the games design. What the fuck is going on here?!

I'm planning on using the garrisons as a "timeout zone" for my not-currently-leveling alts.

While one alt is leveling, the rest are in their garrisons, running missions, and making me bags so I can fully outfit my 22 (soon to be 24) alts on two connected servers.

If the Salvage Yard continues to give older transmog gear (in addition to the 610 class-transmog gear; I'm not expecting it to, but it'd be nice), that'd be a major benefit.

Even after I fully outfit my alts with bags, I'll probably still keep the garrisons if only for the level 2-with-follower perk from The Forge (i.e., no non-death damage to gear).

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Bought my CM run for 350k, brought to you by Garrisons. Thank you, Blizzard!
    You must have been scammed. Too expensive.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It was a good addon and I'll keep it installed like I keep Ogri'lazy.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Our fallen comrade MasterPlan will rise again like a phoenix and aid us once more in our fight against the class hall UI. But until that day, press F to pay respects. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    You must have been scammed. Too expensive.
    They were 200-250k much earlier, but they are much more expensive this close to the patch. This was actually the cheapest one I could find, the second cheapest was 400. Real money was at least 50 euro. Maybe they are cheaper in the US.
    Mother pus bucket!

They were 200-250k much earlier, but they are much more expensive this close to the patch. This was actually the cheapest one I could find, the second cheapest was 400. Real money was at least 50 euro. Maybe they are cheaper in the US.
    The closer we get to the 19th, the more expensive the runs are going to become. People are running out of time and demand is skyrocketing as players are making last second decisions to finish them off. The common going rate I'm seeing is already upwards of 500k atm and it's only going to increase from there.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm EU. I could have found you a CM group for 200k accepting gold on every server.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Oh wow, you sound really bitter about people buying the stuff they want with their gold.
    ...what? I'm not bitter. I am genuinely going to miss all the gold that I made from selling carries which were financed almost entirely by Garrison gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    The Big Crate of Salvage will become unobtainable when Patch 7.0.3 goes live. It is replaced by Large Crate of Salvage, which will only contain the item level 610 transmog gear, follower upgrades, Draenor trade goods, and garrison resources.
    Which is why I've saved up over 8500 crates so far. It's doing a number on my bag space, I'll tell you what.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    "Casual shitlords" doesn't exactly sound nice.
    Perhaps not the most PC nomenclature, I'll agree, but I'm not exactly known to be a person who minces words.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I'll miss the seemingly endless supply of casual shitlords with way too much gold readily available for Mythic/Heroic sales runs which Garrisons brought. RIP.
    Lol like people didnt buy the bear in droves from ZA, grow up...

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps not the most PC nomenclature, I'll agree, but I'm not exactly known to be a person who minces words.
    Just to ignore past cases where its happened before and blame it on garrisons and "casual shitlords." Well done. Whatever supports your argument right?

- - - Updated - - -

which were financed almost entirely by Garrison gold.
    And making up statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Lol like people didnt buy the bear in droves from ZA, grow up...

- - - Updated - - -

Just to ignore past cases where its happened before and blame it on garrisons and "casual shitlords." Well done. Whatever supports your argument right?

- - - Updated - - -

And making up statistics.
    What...? I sold runs in SoO and I sold runs at the end of WoD. HFC sales runs are nearly ten times more lucrative than they were at the end of SoO. That's a level of inflation which cannot be explained by anything other than Garrisons. It really isn't a stretch to associate the hundreds and millions of gold players were able to generate from playing a Facebook game with a "casual" playstyle. If you have another explanation for the massive influx of gold in WoD that isn't Garrisons, I'm genuinely interested in hearing it.