Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Just read post and realized I was too enthusiastic for a jayburner thread...

Anyway. Yeah we use it also to make pepper sauce. Grind it up with some garlic and vinegar and we use it to season meat and sometimes throw in other food.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I guess I'm determined to kill myself with spice it seems. Say goodbye to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I guess I'm determined to kill myself with spice it seems. Say goodbye to me.
    Beer and pizza isn't doing the trick?

Well, goodbye!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Beer and pizza isn't doing the trick?

Well, goodbye!
    i'm about to eat a shwarma where I got into a violent discussion about police shootings today, I just wanted my shwarmas. 2 shwarmas's are still in my possesion...apparently muslim people don't give 2 shits about police shootings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i suggest getting pretty familiar with the scoville scale.

most people that enjoy spicy still want flavor. reaching 2 million on the scale is just plain burning without much flavor.

Habanero's at around 300k on the scale can certainly deliver heat to your meal without wrecking the flavor.

i personally am growing Habanero, Tabasco, and Jumbo Jalepeno plants this season, along with typical bell peppers.

last season i did Habanero and regular Jalepeno, the season before that i focused on Cayenne's.

all of these ive done outside in a "Garden by the Square Foot" concept. the Cayenne's yielded way more peppers than i needed, and this season it looks like the Tabasco's are gonna be plentiful. my Habanero's do really well but i like them the most and use them quickly.
    Are Habanero's really that hot? I've tried Da'Bomb chilli sauce and that was 230k scoville. Put a minuscule amount on my fingertip and it was overwhelmingly hot. Had to bend a knee, gag reflexes kicking in, life flashing before my eyes, instant regret about tomorrows toilet visit- kind of hot. Can't even imagine how you get hotter than that.
    Last edited by mmoc12de78fbb7; 2016-07-17 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Correction. The da'bomb I had was 230k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    Are Habanero's really that hot? I've tried Da'Bomb chilli sauce and that was 230k scoville. Put a minuscule amount on my fingertip and it was overwhelmingly hot. Had to bend a knee, gag reflexes kicking in, life flashing before my eyes, instant regret about tomorrows toilet visit- kind of hot. Can't even imagine how you get hotter than that.
    if the scale is any sort of accurate, take it as you will. of course "spicy" means different things to different people, but when you compare one pepper to another i would think you could tell the difference in blocks. (every 10k up to 100k then every 100k up to a mil and so on)

which is hotter, Cayenne or Tabasco? the scale rates one, but most people would have a hard time picking a winner.

which is hotter, Cayenne or Habanero? since they are from different blocks (Cayenne is around 50-60k typically, and the Habanero rates a 300k+) most people can say exactly which one is hotter.

i do believe the Habanero to be hotter than the types of peppers ive grown, and the Carolina Reaper is easily 5 times worse than that. you wanna talk hot, 1.5 mil to 2.5 mil and thats just straight burning. it can feel worse than pepper spray used in law enforcement (i believe they are using 5 mil sprays? not sure) but its damn hot regardless.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-07-17 at 09:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now I'm eating a shwarma with some sort of hot sauce. I'm really enjoying this pepper, whatever it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jut buy them at T &T bro. Much easier.

Deleted
    if the scale is any sort of accurate, take it as you will. of course "spicy" means different things to different people, but when you compare one pepper to another i would think you could tell the difference in blocks.

which is hotter, Cayenne or Tabasco? the scale rates one, but most people would have a hard time picking a winner.

which is hotter, Cayenne or Habanero? since they are from different blocks (Cayenne is around 50-60k typically, and the Habanero rates a 300k+) most people can say exactly which one is hotter.

i do believe the Habanero to be hotter than the types of peppers ive grown, and the Carolina Reaper is easily 5 times worse than that. you wanna talk hot, 1.5 mil to 2.5 mil and thats just straight burning. its worse than pepper spray used in law enforcement.
    Yeah it's probably a very subjective scale because it doesn't make sense in my head. I use cayenne and piripiri the same way most people use black pepper. Cayenne was ~55k and google tells me piripiri is 175k. The difference to me is not 120k scoville if I took a guess. But suddenly somewhere between 175k to 230k it goes from pleasantly spicy to unmanageable hottness. Just trying to get my head around the difference between 230k and 2.5 million. I think I would probably die.
    Last edited by mmoc12de78fbb7; 2016-07-17 at 09:47 PM.

Yeah it's probably a very subjective scale because it doesn't make sense in my head. I use cayenne and piripiri the same way most people use black pepper. Cayenne was ~55k and google tells me piripiri is 175k. The difference to me is not 125k scoville if I took a guess. But suddenly somewhere between 175k to 230k it goes from pleasantly spicy to unmanageable hottness. Just trying to get my head around the difference between 230k and 2.5 million. I think I would probably die.
    It's a pain like if you were to lick a hot frying pan.

Personally, I don't use any hotter than Habanero peppers. That's about when chillies stop adding flavour and simply start to add pain (habaneros have this wonderful fruity aroma - try taking the seeds and the pith out, roasting the peppers and filling them with vanilla ice-cream).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2016-07-17 at 09:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's probably a very subjective scale because it doesn't make sense in my head. I use cayenne and piripiri the same way most people use black pepper. Cayenne was ~55k and google tells me piripiri is 175k. The difference to me is not 120k scoville if I took a guess. But suddenly somewhere between 175k to 230k it goes from pleasantly spicy to unmanageable hottness. Just trying to get my head around the difference between 230k and 2.5 million. I think I would probably die.
    haha, yah its a hot that is barely imaginable. i had a Bhut Jolokia pepper once, at around 1 mil on the scale, it was the last thing i ate for 2 days, drank plenty, didnt eat though.

and i even enjoy spicy, like 50k scoville is the same as simple black pepper to me. it takes a Habanero at least to start getting me to break a tiny sweat, which is just the right amount of spicy for me. maybe a bit more, but i dont want to reach the Bhut Jolokia point.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    haha, yah its a hot that is barely imaginable. i had a Bhut Jolokia pepper once, at around 1 mil on the scale, it was the last thing i ate for 2 days, drank plenty, didnt eat though.

and i even enjoy spicy, like 50k scoville is the same as simple black pepper to me. it takes a Habanero at least to start getting me to break a tiny sweat, which is just the right amount of spicy for me. maybe a bit more, but i dont want to reach the Bhut Jolokia point.
    Yep, sounds like one of those experiences you'd cross of a bucket list. Once and never again, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post

Personally, I don't use any hotter than Habanero peppers. That's about when chillies stop adding flavour and simply start to add pain (habaneros have this wonderful fruity aroma - try taking the seeds and the pith out, roasting the peppers and filling them with vanilla ice-cream).
    Was around the same sensation I got from 230k. And that actually sounds really good, at least in my head. I might try it this weekend if my Habanero are done. Thanks for the tip!

Yep, sounds like one of those experiences you'd cross of a bucket list. Once and never again, lol.

Was around the same sensation I got from 230k. And that actually sounds really good, at least in my head. I might try it this weekend if my Habanero are done. Thanks for the tip!
    The ones I did it with ended up with this aroma that was rather like quite spicy roast peaches (they were the red variety). Add in the cooling ice-cream to cut through the spiciness it was really rather good.

10+ Year Old Account

yah totally agree, Habanero's are right about where its at, anything too much hotter and the flavor gets lost.

as to the Vanilla Scorch you speak of, that sounds really interesting, i may just have to fire up the grill once my Habanero's ripen.

is it a whole pepper like a cone, with a small scoop on top? or do you slice it up and put it on top of a scoop of vanilla?
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2016-07-17 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I’m shocked that i’m the first person to visually express curiosity as to why you need something that is as mind-fuckingly spicy as a Caronlina Reaper pepper. If you’re going to use it as a food additive, just go with ghost peppers, they’re easier to grow(from what knowledge I possess on the subject), and they’re slightly less lethal.
    I believe the real question is" why wouldn't you grow reapers?"

yah totally agree, Habanero's are right about where its at, anything too much hotter and the flavor gets lost.

as to the Vanilla Scorch you speak of, that sounds really interesting, i may just have to fire up the grill once my Habanero's ripen.

is it a whole pepper like a cone, with a small scoop on top? or do you slice it up and put it on top of a scoop of vanilla?
    fill the hollowed out pepper with ice-cream.

I would imagine that simply slicing the pepper and garnishing the ice-cream with it, and then drizzling a caramel sauce over the top would be delightful too, though (maybe add some chilli to the caramel)

15+ Year Old Account
    Why would you ruin ice cream with a chili? Why would you ruin a chili with ice cream?!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    fill the hollowed out pepper with ice-cream.

I would imagine that simply slicing the pepper and garnishing the ice-cream with it, and then drizzling a caramel sauce over the top would be delightful too, though (maybe add some chilli to the caramel)
    ok, now you are just messing with my taste buds. thanks for giving me a new summer recipe to unleash on my guests.

ill have to give it a very thorough sampling first though... before i serve it to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you ruin ice cream with a chili? Why would you ruin a chili with ice cream?!
    i hear you, each on their own, is special.. but its like adding bacon to something and making it better.

Deleted
    This might be interesting. It is fat soluble after all. Maybe finely diced frozen peppers shotgunned into icecream would be a taste sensation as the ice cream would cancel it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    i hear you, each on their own, is special.. but its like adding bacon to something and making it better.
    Bacon ice cream?