Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    When you watch kissanime and set it to 1080p isn't it close?
    Eh, depends on what you mean by close. It's certainly watchable - especially on smallish monitors - but when put side by side the difference is often very noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Looking at weather forecast for next week and every single day is above 20 degrees... I'm from the North of England, I'm not built for 29 degrees Celsius!

Worse still, I work in an office that has no air conditioning and is always hot anyway >_>
    As a Midlander and a workplace that dosnt have Air con, i feel your pain.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    >not having aircon in your offices
    Pretty sure that's like federally mandated here, too hot here and for too much of the year.

Also, Goriq already posted a pic of me from last November, but here's a more recent one with me actually smiling from back in March.

And here's the bus stop pic of Goriq and I that he couldn't find.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    >not having aircon in your offices
    Pretty sure that's like federally mandated here, too hot here and for too much of the year.

Also, Goriq already posted a pic of me from last November, but here's a more recent one with me actually smiling from back in March.

And here's the bus stop pic of Goriq and I that he couldn't find.
    http://i.imgur.com/2mUS5sK.jpg?1

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    [video=youtube;7tWrE0freJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tWrE0freJI[/ideo]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I already inverted it before posting it for your sake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    >wearing the Sunn O))) hoodie
    >not drooling
    That was 4 days after that show, I had mostly recovered from the audio energy poisoning by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Is this the first time you've shown a picture of your face?

What happened to your long hair.
    Second time. I posted the first time we did this.

Every 3000 years my hair falls off and buds into another Hemoglobin.

I just got sick of it. Short hair is much better.

Anime Chat Thread II - Poster Survey

- Please do not vote for yourself. It defeats the purpose of the survey
    - Questions that involve a check box allow you to select up to two options. However, you can select only one option if you wish to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Is this the first time you've shown a picture of your face?

What happened to your long hair.
    Second time. I posted the first time we did this.

Every 3000 years my hair falls off and buds into another Hemoglobin.

Anime Chat Thread II - Poster Survey

- Please do not vote for yourself. It defeats the purpose of the survey
    - Questions that involve a check box allow you to select up to two options. However, you can select only one option if you wish to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many people have responded? if its over 30 there probably isn't going to be anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I used to keep a big wavy borderline Afro mop thing for years, I got sick of it too.

One day I will lick Priscillas feet. #lifegoals
    Being her hand fan sounds like a better life goal, considering the storage area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    @Shinzai, remember how you recommended Koiken Otome to me a... year ago, maybe? Only the preview patch was available back then, and almost zero progress for months. I thought you might be interested: a few days ago full translation was released. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    @Shinzai, remember how you recommended Koiken Otome to me a... year ago, maybe? Only the preview patch was available back then, and almost zero progress for months. I thought you might be interested: a few days ago full translation was released. :>
    It also seems like my saves work with it. No need to re-tread it.

RE:Zero 16 I've never seen so many people give their opponent advice, and then seen said opponent throw all that advice away.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2016-07-18 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was better than the first, they showed off the abilities without needing to go all Michael Bay on us, also red best.
    Red always best.
    http://i.imgur.com/uBrmnIb.jpg
    In this anime the blonde is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Also, dammmn. I'm in love.
    She looks way better with her hair like this.
    I searched for it on the google play but it said it wasn't available in my country.
    I like how you now have a best girl as you avatar =D
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Re:Zero - Priscilla > Anastasia > Crusch == Emilia > Felt

Subaru should just stop being shit and give up on his inferior candidate.
    At least he isn't supporting Felt...
    I was trying to watch some anime on the ps4 browser but it sure didn't seem like HD. Anyone have a website which works?
    Ehh... I have no idea wtf the PS4 browser is using nor how compliant it is to standards so I have no clue. It's unlikely to work well with flash shit and also unlikely to work well with HTML5 players so... Just use anything else?
    You're not going to get HD quality by streaming.
    yeah, also this.
    When you watch kissanime and set it to 1080p isn't it close?
    Not even close. You might find it acceptable depending on the size of the display (bigger ones will make the artifacts more visible), but the quality difference is big for those who care and have eyes that are easily disturbed by image errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    1080p is pretty much always just upscaled 720p. So "1080p" on a streaming site just looks even worse than actual 720p.
    Depends on the streaming site. Some of them stream at a higher bitrate when you set it to the higher resolution so the end result will probably look better even if the 1080p option is just upscaled 720p. Youtube for example gets less worse if you set it to 1440p or 2160p even if you don't have a display with enough pixels simply because the bitrate is higher.
    Eh, depends on what you mean by close. It's certainly watchable - especially on smallish monitors - but when put side by side the difference is often very noticeable.
    Streaming is a way of delivering content easily for those who don't know any better, if we keep in mind that Netflix uses 1/2 as much bandwidth as 1080p BD to stream "4K" (3840x2160 is "UHD" actually), which translates into basically using half as much data for 4x more information we see just how much those services are compressing the content. And Netflix is probably the best one of them, those small websites like kissanime are probably doing it way worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Streaming is a way of delivering content easily for those who don't know any better, if we keep in mind that Netflix uses 1/2 as much bandwidth as 1080p BD to stream "4K" (3840x2160 is "UHD" actually), which translates into basically using half as much data for 4x more information we see just how much those services are compressing the content. And Netflix is probably the best one of them, those small websites like kissanime are probably doing it way worse.
    Not to mention if you're going to watch it illegally anyways, might as well get it from the source of the subbers, rather than a website that "steals" (ironically) their sub work and uploads it at a worse quality.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished Danganronpa 2. The last two cases were a bit dumb, and I had already been spoiled about major parts of the ending, but it was great.

Honestly, Danganronpa is so goddamn anime, it's stupid. But I love it. It's not even a "so bad it's good" thing, it's just the exaggerated characters and absolutely absurd scenarios are so crazy that's it's incredibly fun. It's kind of a summation of why I like Japanese media so much - some of the stuff they create is so insane that I don't think it could exist anywhere else.

Highly recommend the series. Both of the main games are on Steam, and they're well worth the money. Regardless if you like mystery games or not. I'd never been a fan of mystery myself before playing these games, but something in them sparked something in me.

And Chiaki is literally the most perfect thing ever.

Oh look the shit waifu convention's in town

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Oh look the shit waifu convention's in town

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnjKDgdVYAEmeVn.jpg[IMG]
    Too bad half of them have bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Too bad half of them have bad taste.
    True that. Too many shitty Blues and too few superior Pinks.