Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Tinker = engineer, give up that stupid idea already.

I don't think we need new classes, all of them are too similar as it is, we don't need more extra crap. Just add new races/sub races to add flavor to the game, 12 classes is more than enough. With that said, i'd love a straight up necromancer instead of the watered down crap we got with dks.
    I could use your point against you. Tinker = engineer, give up that stupid idea already. Don't be a afraid to dreram a little bigger, darling. Tinker can be so much more.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Tinker would be a great addition. Engineering is very limited and a class could go far beyond what the tradeskill offers.

But, pulling from old fantasy games I've played there's odd ones like geomancer and doll master if you want to add another caster.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    oh boy here we go with the tinkers
    Please don't misunderstand, I'm not a fan of tinkers at all, in the slightest. I'm just stating what the next class will most likely be. I'd much rather see some sort of cloth / leather support class, as mentioned above

only 2 classes left to add IMO:

Tinker: ranged phsical dps, tank and heals, regular class

Dragonsworn: hero class, tons of customization, super fertile ground for potential abilities based on the dragon aspects, i could easily think of a spec for every role (go ahead try me!)

other than that, most other classes would really just be 4th spec worthy imo.

Could think of 4th specs for all classes if blizz wanted to go there.

One last class i could think of would be a commander, 'pet' class that rather than having minions you command soldiers and stuff, though that could perhaps be a better forth spec for warriors.

If i had to pick one, it would be tinker, hands down, by far the most fertile ground to produce a new class, it writes itself, has potential for every role in the game, (melee, ranged physical, ranged magic, tank, heals).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    The Necromancer is the only one I think is missing!
    necro is covered by warlocks and death knights, besides we dont need yet another dark magic user edgy class in the game, we got death knights, shadow priests, warlocks, sub rogues, demon hunters, hunters with dark ranger talents (stretching for that one, sure), necromancer wouldnt add much to the game, probably better to just bake it in to warlocks, give them a skeleton summon and call affliction necromancy and call it a day

Tinker (in the Kezan expansion), Shadow Hunter (in the Zandalar expansion), Dragonsworn (harder to slot into an expansion but if they pulled WoD out their ass it's quite plausible). Not hard to think of more classes they could add.

At one Blizzcon many years ago, i remember a dev saying while revealing the DK class that they had over 20 "hero classes" to choose from. I'm sure Blizzard still has a lot of different classes they could implement if it fit in with the expansions theme.

For WotLK they where choosing from a few, Necromancer, Runemaster, Monk and a Death Knight. As we all know the DK was added and it took ability's from the Runemaster / Necromancer. I'm pretty sure more classes will be added at one point but we will be waiting another 4years for it at the minimum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Please don't misunderstand, I'm not a fan of tinkers at all, in the slightest. I'm just stating what the next class will most likely be. I'd much rather see some sort of cloth / leather support class, as mentioned above
    WoW doesn't need any more "Leather classes" we have enough already. Would be good to have another Mail class tbh to even things out. Demon Hunters should be using Mail armor, since in WC3 Illidan was using Mail armor and i have no idea why it was changed for Legion. Well i think i remember Demon Hunters using mail armor in a WC3 custom map, since i cannot seem to find any in-game pictures of Illidan from WC3.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2016-07-17 at 10:42 PM.

id rather see permanent upgrades to classes instead of titles/more classes, like give me an archdruid that has more skills(regardless of if cosmetic or not) more customization more forms whatever. or if im say a unholy dk let me further expand upon that and remove the option to use the other specs but gain more ghouls more dots etc and let it become my class

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Tinker would be a great addition. Engineering is very limited and a class could go far beyond what the tradeskill offers.

But, pulling from old fantasy games I've played there's odd ones like geomancer and doll master if you want to add another caster.

I think geomancer, which is essentially just someone who uses earth magic, is covered by shamans, its more a spec than it is a class, if blizz works more on the talent system, we could perhaps see something like being able to turn most of your spells as elemental into earth spells, fire spells or storm spells, so perhaps even a sub-spec in that regard. wouldnt expect it as a class to be frank.

Doll master is certainly interesting, but i just dont see it happening ever in WoW, there is no precedent, doll masters dont exist in wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    WoW doesn't need any more "Leather classes" we have enough already. Would be good to have another Mail class tbh to even things out. Demon Hunters should be using Mail armor, since in WC3 Illidan was using Mail armor and i have no idea why it was changed for Legion.
    Illidan was only wearing pants, he didnt have any armor, leather is appropriate.

Dragonsworn would be a good mail wearing hero class, probably the only one really

I'd like to see more specs. Mid-ranged Bow rogue, Battle Mage, revisit and polish Gladiator Warrior, that kind of thing.

Deleted
    Tinker
    Spell Breaker

However I don't think new classes are the way to go, I reckon 4th spec is a better idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priestess of Elune type, Heals/Support + DPS bow user. Could be capable of staying mounted while in combat. It makes sense for a healer "hero" class, which is something that is lacking with the Tank+DPS routes they're only going down.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Tinker = engineer, give up that stupid idea already.

I don't think we need new classes, all of them are too similar as it is, we don't need more extra crap. Just add new races/sub races to add flavor to the game, 12 classes is more than enough. With that said, i'd love a straight up necromancer instead of the watered down crap we got with dks.
    Why do people even think that this is an argument? its not!

A profession that invents things that it doesnt use isnt a class!
    The equivalent would be calling enchanters mages since they use magic, or tailors priests since they wear cloth armor or blacksmiths warriors since they make weapons and armor, a rogue that has engineering is in no way shape or form a tinker, not even remotely close!

A tinker would be a class with a mechanical arm, piloting a robot or throwing bombs rotationally, dropping mines, firing rockets, using flamethrowers and all that jazz, do engineers do that? sort of, but not really, i mean using a bomb once a minute that does sweet fuck all in no way shape or form fulfills the tinker class fantasy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Priestess of Elune type, Heals/Support + DPS bow user. Could be capable of staying mounted while in combat. It makes sense for a healer "hero" class, which is something that is lacking with the Tank+DPS routes they're only going down.
    I feel like that could be covered by just giving bows to priests and changing their casting animations to using weapons, i mean its not perfect, not by any means at all, but there is absolutely no chance of adding a healing spec to hunters and it wouldnt work as a hero class or base class because its restricted to a single race, as only night elves worship elune, best you could hope for is just cosmetic changes that fulfil the fantasy, though to be honest i think they mucked up the priestesss of the moon and druids, since it was the night elf priests that used moon magic not druids, druids were just nature, not moon and stars stuff, balance could have just been a pure nature spec and priests could have had the balance theme of light and darkness with the sun representing the light and the moon representing darkness.

Too late to change that now though, though the healing part of 'priestess of the moon' was only added in HotS, tyrande in warIII was basically a mounted hunter that had starfall, which was given to druids, while druids only used nature spells with no sun and moon jazz.

Honestly not sure what to do to fill the 'priestess of the moon' fantasy unless they introduce cross classing...
    Last edited by bloodmoth13; 2016-07-17 at 11:03 PM.

Most of the gameplay from classes like Necromancer, Tinker, Blademaster, etc are already covered by other specs, classes, and professions.

Want to play a Tinker? Roll a Hunter, be an Engineer, and tame mechanical pets while using a gun. It's not the same, but the theme is still there nonetheless. What meaningful role or diverging gameplay would a Tinker bring us? Turrets? They pretty much got rid of Shaman totems because they don't want that style of gameplay. Guns? We already have a class that can use guns. Gadgets are literally covered by an entire profession, we wouldn't be gaining anything new from a Tinker class.

Want a Necromancer? Affliction has the DoTs, Demonology has the mass pet summons, and Unholy has the shadow/death abilities along with pet summons. What other meaningful gameplay can we get from a Necromancer that isn't already in game? People are already complaining that Demonology Warlock in Legion is just standing there buffing pets, which is one of the aspects of a Necromancer. We already have two "shadow" themed DoT classes, so how much more compelling could that style of play be made to justify another similar class?

Want a Blademaster? Arms Warrior does pretty much the same thing.

Disclaimer: The above isn't meant to be taken as {This class} = {This class}.

Dragonsworn is a really cool idea, I saw it mentioned, and it is something that could defintiely be iterated on and expanded to make sense lorewise.

TBH I'd want to see sub-races before we get another class, but that's just my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    Most of the gameplay from classes like Necromancer, Tinker, Blademaster, etc are already covered by other specs, classes, and professions.

Want to play a Tinker? Roll a Hunter, be an Engineer, and tame mechanical pets while using a gun. It's not the same, but the theme is still there nonetheless. What meaningful role or diverging gameplay would a Tinker bring us? Turrets? They pretty much got rid of Shaman totems because they don't want that style of gameplay. Guns? We already have a class that can use guns. Gadgets are literally covered by an entire profession, we wouldn't be gaining anything new from a Tinker class.

Want a Necromancer? Affliction has the DoTs, Demonology has the mass pet summons, and Unholy has the shadow/death abilities along with pet summons. What other meaningful gameplay can we get from a Necromancer that isn't already in game? People are already complaining that Demonology Warlock in Legion is just standing there buffing pets, which is one of the aspects of a Necromancer. We already have two "shadow" themed DoT classes, so how much more compelling could that style of play be made to justify another similar class?

Want a Blademaster? Arms Warrior does pretty much the same thing.

Disclaimer: The above isn't meant to be taken as {This class} = {This class}.

Dragonsworn is a really cool idea, I saw it mentioned, and it is something that could defintiely be iterated on and expanded to make sense lorewise.

TBH I'd want to see sub-races before we get another class, but that's just my preference.
    You lack imagination if thats all you think would be covered by tinker.

Agreed with necromancer though, they would have to completely invent new stuff for a necromancer to make it distinguished from affliction and unholy, better off to make it a warlock spec, heck affliction is basically necromancer anyway, and the first necromancers were orc warlocks anyway, its really not a stretch TBH.

Blademaster is essentially a warrior, agreed there too.

I can agree that there is some overlap with tinker and engineering, but engineering isnt a class or spec by any means, firing rockets, using automatic reloaders on guns, bombs, mines, mechanical minions, mech suits, magnets, death lazers, turrets (searing totem was weak as fuck and you only used it once per minute, thats why it wasnt fun to use, gazlowe uses them in a much more fun way, do it like that!), a healing spec could be an apothecary that uses potions and chemicals to heal, which overlaps with alchemy, sure, but same argument, apothecary would be an awesome thematic healing spec for gnomes, undead and goblins too, and using mechanical injectors and general more modern medicine could be alot more fun for races that dont like spirituality or nature. Also sure hunters can use mechanical pets, but that just fulfills the hunter fantasy for gnomes and goblins, not the tinker fantasy, which i dont think anyone expected to be a pet class

Besides i hate the fact that hunters are the only ranged physical dps class, there are plenty of other ways you can use the archer identity, just like with any other weapon, we have dark magic, holy magic, elemental magic, stealth, demonic magic and all sorts with melee weapons, yet its preposterous to add in more ranged weapon users?

Dragon sworn would be amazing as a hero class, i wouldnt want it as a basic class though, as the hero would essentially have to train i assume at wyrmrest and work for different dragonflights. I came up with a bunch of abilities in another thread ages ago, involved abilities based on the dragonflights, and the gameplay focused around using a leap attack combos (nod to FF dragoons) leaping into the air with their wings (which they should totally have!), uses polearms as their main weapons
    Could fill any role really, blue and bronze magic spec, obsidian, bronze tanking spec, emerald, ruby bronze healing spec, melee dps spec that uses all 5 colours, ranged dragonslayer archer spec that uses augmented shots. I think its thematically unique, could have really fun gameplay mechanics, good mail armor candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoltenMuffin View Post
    They had plans to add Demon Hunter, Death Knight and Nercomancers for the original wow launch. The only class left out of those would be necromancer, but DK already fits that spot.
    I doubt there will be more classes, could happen, but I doubt it.
    Where do you see this?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

If the necromancer appeared (and I'd like it) expect the unholy Dk to be gutted much like the demonology lock was. I suspect they'd be reworked to be less of a summoner and more of a.... anti-paladin spec (which sort of fits).

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Where do you see this?
    It sounds like bullshit because they said DHs were considered since WotLK.
    HP Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ent-Legion-Art
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Perhaps a dragonsworn class that takes on the aspect of the different dragonflights.

Personally I want to see a class based around the Bronze Dragonflight. Dragons can make themselves appear as any race so the class would be open to all races and then in combat you'd take on some dragon-like appearances. The theme would revolve around time and dimension manipulation.

It would lend itself to being a healer since you would thematically reverse time on wounds. Mastery could involve doing more healing the more damage the target has taken recently similar to death strike because its easier to reverse time on more recently taken damage.

The Dps spec would be a caster that creates spacial anomalies that bring in objects from other dimensions to drop on the target or a dot that tears at targets grasp of reality. The class could call on alternate dimension versions of itself to aid in battle for a dps cd. The possibilities are nearly limitless with a dimensional demi-god class.

As to how the class would fit into the game? Well we know that the dragon flights lost their power and I'm not quite sure how that affected all the bronze dragons but we have clear examples from Wod that dimensional travel is still possible with the whole Garrosh arc and the help we receive from Chromie. Perhaps the class introduction could be about regaining your lost powers using some artifact. With bronze dragons though anything is possible.

Technology based class that only gnomes and goblins can play.

You'll start seeing SO many gnomes!