Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    So what you're saying OP is that millennials are naive for:
    -not wanting corrupt cops
    -not wanting corrupt politicians
    -wishing for an end to racism.
    And you're saying that they should, instead of trying to fix these issues, just give up and be obedient little slaves and accept that corruption and racism "just are"? Like you?

With that attitude, we'd still be living in the Middle Ages.
    Yes, that is exactly what i am saying. We can reduce corrupt cops and politicians and we can reduce racism, but millennials saying that ALL corruption and racism should end is very naive. Corruption and racism will always exist. Asking for their complete abolishment is simply out of touch with reality.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2016-07-17 at 11:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This is a human attribute, not a millennial attribute.
    Is it though? I disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Well as a millenial (born 1992), I dont believe that. I dont think theres a common thread that joins us all together.

Oh and people arent equal. Some are better than others and some will always be better than others. Trying to force equality just leads to an authoritarian dictatorship and thats not good for anyone.
    you are aware the equality is meant to be under the law right?

Whenever I hear someone talking about people who put forward genuinely viable improvements to the world or to society as hopelessly naive I just imagine Archimedes the owl from Sword in the Stone laughing at Merlin and saying that man will never fly.

Injustices are going to exist is not the attitude that reduces injustice. We should do everything we can to prevent injustice is the attitude that achieves something. This is the attitude that's actually more common than a belief in saintly goodness. Something which outside of a small handful of people isn't really a thing.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-07-17 at 11:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will mature eventually. Reality tends to be rather hard to abolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    So what you're saying OP is that millennials are naive for:
    -not wanting corrupt cops
    -not wanting corrupt politicians
    -wishing for an end to racism.
    And you're saying that they should, instead of trying to fix these issues, just give up and be obedient little slaves and accept that corruption and racism "just are"? Like you?

With that attitude, we'd still be living in the Middle Ages.
    the choice is either racism with less corruption or no racism and more corruption. pick your poison because either one could start a civil war...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Whenever I hear someone talking about people who put forward genuinely viable improvements to the world or to society as hopelessly naive I just imagine Archimedes the owl from Sword in the Stone laughing at Merlin and saying that man will never fly.

Injustices are going to exist is not the attitude that reduces injustice. We should do everything we can to prevent injustice is the attitude that achieves something. This is the attitude that's actually more common than the belief in saintly goodness. Something which outside of a small handful of people isn't really a thing.

"Genuinely viable improvements"? Like what? All I see are complaints and insults coming from judgemental self-righteous children that have no real life experience.

I think the term you're looking for is idealists. A refreshing change from jaded cynicism and apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    All I see are complaints and insults coming from judgemental self-righteous children that have no real life experience.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-07-17 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    That doesn't change what I said in any way, in case you didn't notice.

Additionally, it was the old racist seniors who voted for Brexit because they were against immigration.
    Similar to how it's the old racist seniors fighting to put Trump into office.
    Brexit and trump are good things. Not sure why you think it's negative.

"Genuinely viable improvements"? Like what? All I see are complaints and insults coming from judgemental self-righteous children that have no real life experience.
    Like marriage equality for example.

Something that was campaigned for for years. People didn't sit back and say "oh well, that's how it is, things suck and things will always suck so why bother?"
    They actually did something about it.

They weren't expecting everyone to suddenly rush out and declare homophobia to be over, instead people saw something that could be improved and campaigned for it. A realistic, achievable goal. It's not just a millennial cause, but then very few causes are monogenerational.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-07-17 at 11:34 PM.

Is it though? I disagree.
    It is. /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a self-hating millennial, I think too many of us are over-entitled. Not all generational cohorts are equal.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-17 at 11:41 PM.

If we can't have perfection we shouldn't work to improve things?

Congratulations: You've ended all human progress in every area. I'd rather deal with "hopelessly naive" millennials than you any day of the week.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

racism should be completely abolished from all humans ever
    So you think it shouldn't?

Injustices are still going to exist, human beings are going to mess up from time to time, and people are still going to be assholes. Don't fight it accept it.
    Yep, let's just accept racism, accept corruption, accept sexism. Those are not problems at all.

Brexit and trump are good things. Not sure why you think it's negative.
    Seriously?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    They will mature eventually. Reality tends to be rather hard to abolish.
    ^Exactly...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post

Yep, let's just accept racism, accept corruption, accept sexism. Those are not problems at all.

Seriously?

You're trying too hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This is a human attribute, not a millennial attribute.
    As evidenced by these forums on a constant basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    I think the term you're looking for is idealists. A refreshing change from jaded cynicism and apathy.

Yes, millennials are too idealistic. Their views need to be more flexible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Not through force, free expression is more important. For example I would rather hear what BLM has to say than try to silence them.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what i am saying. We can reduce corrupt cops and politicians and we can reduce racism, but millennials saying that ALL corruption and racism should end is very naive. Corruption and racism will always exist. Asking for their complete abolishment is simply out of touch with reality.
    What you are saying makes no sense. Literally.

You either refuse to tolerate racism and corruption, or you don't. There is no -X amount of racism and corruption is acceptable.

I mean 10 racist police shootings or beatings are OK...but the 11th should be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law. Or how does this imaginary world of yours work?