Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    I think it would just need adjusting, not scrapped. The only play-style it should have hindered were the "barons" and the "no-lifers" ... the concept is that just because you have the time and resources to do anything and everything, you shouldn't be able to. Because, unlike many MMOs, gear wasn't /difficult/ to get (you didn't have to do the hardest raids and you could technically get the best gear without even entering combat) ... in archeage it's just time-consuming and resource-heavy (and an RNG nightmare). Labor was SUPPOSED to even the playing field a bit. Instead, it did the exact opposite. Because XL Games and Trion got greedy,
    You either pay and swim in LP, or you don't pay and have 0 LP.

How was it supposed to even the field? This system in its very core is just there to force you into paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    You either pay and swim in LP, or you don't pay and have 0 LP.

How was it supposed to even the field? This system in its very core is just there to force you into paying.
    The game was supposed to be sub-based without a cash shop. Way way back when LP was conceived. Now, as we all know, every sneeze in game is tied to the cash shop ... so the system doesn't work.

Imagine if every player had the same LP regen rate and there were no pots on the cash shop. It would definitely even the playing field. It's a smart system. It was ruined by the "f2p" nightmare that archeage turned out to be.

F2P has nothing to do with it, it was the company that designed the system. The system could have worked but didn't you can't blame that on an entire payment model especially when F2P is the majority money maker.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    The game was supposed to be sub-based without a cash shop. Way way back when LP was conceived. Now, as we all know, every sneeze in game is tied to the cash shop ... so the system doesn't work.

Imagine if every player had the same LP regen rate and there were no pots on the cash shop. It would definitely even the playing field. It's a smart system. It was ruined by the "f2p" nightmare that archeage turned out to be.
    Sure, but as many have said, the company got greedy. They knew that you can make more profit with a "F2P" game if you set it up correctly.

Really, Archeage is very similiar to those mobile games, like Clash of Clans etc. You get a few pretty damn good minutes of gameplay at first, kill some mobs, start training a mount, see how the farm system works - only to discover that you need artificial currency to keep playing. Most players cave in and start paying for the game - they spent some decent time with it, why stop now. The system works pretty much the same way as soft drugs.

LP was never intended to be a balance system. LP itself makes no sense, it just limits the time you can spend playing the game. Its a system created only with cash shop in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    LP was never intended to be a balance system. LP itself makes no sense, it just limits the time you can spend playing the game. Its a system created only with cash shop in mind.
    This is where we disagree. If it were a sub-only game, without a cash shop ... the LP system would work to keep the economy in check (the same way the RNG attempts that as well, though it is also tied to the cash shop now as well). In a world with of trade runs (pumping gold into the economy without removing any), there needs to be something that limits how much a player can do in a do OR there needs to be a really good gold sink. The problem with gold sinks is that they usually effect players equally (meaning they hurt the poor and hardly have an impact on the rich) or they are optional, like WoW does with mounts, and therefore aren't very reliable.

The LP system makes it so a player has to make real decision with how to spend their LP. Tax certs, for example, if not on the AH, could have become an important decision for land-owners and it would have made land baron-hood almost impossible.

If I have 20 hours per day to play and you have 3 hours ... I won't be able to get WAY better than you because we can both burn the same amount of tax certs. This could have been taken a step further and given MORE labor while offline than on (like WoW's rested exp -- instead of the opposite.

Finally, instead of ridiculous RNG, gear should not have nearly as many tiers and it should have a durability (needs repairs and will break eventually) ... this would keep the playing field more even and the economy more healthy. But at the end of the day, many players don't want an even playing field in pvp. The players are to blame for the state of archeage, just as much as the greedy devs.

Deleted
    I would probably play if they got rid of silly LP. But they probably never will, which is a shame because it takes away the fun from the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Been thinking about trying this 1 out. I googled "Archeage combat" and it seemed interesting. Tab targeting with skills usable while moving is what I got from numerous articles I read. And the system of combining skillsets to create classes seems neat. I was thinking Archery+Shadowplay+ either Witchcraft or Occultism.

I'm a little concerned about the negativity I'm reading about how much these " labor points" slow down skill use. Can someone elaborate more on that?

Also, could someone compare and contrast Archeage combat with WoW combat? Be as descriptive as you can; the style of combat is 1 of the major considerations when I'm thinking of trying an rpg.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Labor points are super bad. Required to do pretty much anything in the game. You only gain 5 per 10 minutes of play time. It's okay if you want to run around killing things. But really annoying if you want to do profession related stuff.

Oh and if you aren't a subscriber. You only gain them while online.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Labor points are super bad. Required to do pretty much anything in the game. You only gain 5 per 10 minutes of play time. It's okay if you want to run around killing things. But really annoying if you want to do profession related stuff.

Oh and if you aren't a subscriber. You only gain them while online.
    Labor points are the single reason why I don't play ArcheAge. The whole concept is ludicrous.

10+ Year Old Account

This might be interesting, play ArcheAge on your Android smartphone.....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....global.normal

Must be a last ditch thing if it's going to smartphones.

Wow. I just can't say anything else but "wow"

Isn't this game dead already?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Isn't this game dead already?
    Yep. Game is rampant with botters as well last I checked. Only half decent game Trion have these days is Trove and even then it's no masterpiece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Only half decent game Trion have these days is Trove and even then it's no masterpiece.
    Yeah, nearly 10 million players is no masterpiece.

Also Trion just publish ArcheAge, it's made by XL Games but i'm sure an expert on MMOs like yourself already knew that, must have slipped your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Yeah, nearly 10 million players is no masterpiece.

Also Trion just publish ArcheAge, it's made by XL Games but i'm sure an expert on MMOs like yourself already knew that, must have slipped your mind.
    You have evidence that there are 10 million concurrent players?

Overall means nothing. Current and concurrent does.

http://steamcharts.com/app/304030

Just over 1k on steam. Extremely doubt the other 9.9 million are on the official glyph launcher.

Any game can have 10 million lifetime players these days. It's holding on to them that matters most.

I can't blame people for leaving this game though. Labor Points system is godawful and as I said the game is rampant with botters.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-22 at 03:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely doubt the other 9.9 million are on the official glyph launcher.
    Fairly certain you can't play on Consoles like X-Box and Playstation through Steam, but an expert like you would surely know that.

Fairly certain you can't play on Consoles like X-Box and Playstation through Steam, but an expert like you would surely know that.
    What the hell does console have to do with it?

There are no console ports. And I certainly know there isn't a PS4 port in EU because the store would have it.

So again. Show me evidence of 10 million concurrent players. Steam has 1000. Now make up the other 9.9 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't play on console, but I'm sure an expert on all things ArcheAge would know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell does console have to do with it?

There are no console ports. And I certainly know there isn't a PS4 port in EU because the store would have it.

So again. Show me evidence of 10 million concurrent players. Steam has 1000. Now make up the other 9.9 million.
    This is the last post i'll make on this as it's going off-topic, please try to keep up, we're talking about Trove on Consoles. might be wise to actually read what you write seeing as you mentioned Trove in the first place.